EVE online: It's still going on and it's still a war!

pulsemyne

And then shit went down...

Never let it be said that my timing is good. It isn't. I posted the above and then a few hours later the enemy sends a few thousand ships our way.

About six o'clock a series of discord pings went out from Papi that aksed for everyone to log in. They did just that but then again so did we.

They started pouring ships into 1DQ, some nice expensive ships as well (ships that shoudln't be as expensive as their members paid for them but their leaders decided to rip off their line members). Then they ran into the wood chipper of the 1DQ gate and things became very bad for them.

The Goons were after blood and so dropped dreads on the gate. These, combined with about 6 billion fighters made sure that the wood chipper went burr and they started to die. Although Papi did manage to kill about 11 goon dreads but the loses for them numbered in the hundreds.

Meanwhile my lot of lovely people started doing what we do best, messing around with the enemy. In a smart move we took out a fleet and used it as a way to hault the enemy trying to reinforce their fleets jumping in 1DQ. This was successful and currently their fleets are no longer reinforcing their dying fleet in 1DQ and chasing our fleet in the hope that they can at least kill some of us.

As all this has been going on we have see multiple enemy Keepstar citadels unanchouring in Delve and Fountain. They are pulling up sticks and preparing to evacuate and not lose their their citadels against the coming rampage of Goons.

Currently the battle report looks horribly one sided in ships lost. 250 dead for us, 1200 fead for them. We are also winning the isk war by around 50 billion isk.

This war might just have been won.

And it has just been announced that the first bit of the blue donut has decided to throw their hands up in the air and say "Fuck this!". NC. has just announced they have left the war.

EDIT: Pandemic Horde have just pinged that they are leaving as well. This war is over and we have won!

And now TEST are announcing a full retreat from the space they captured. Oh and the TTT thing I mentioned above...yeah they were relying on it for isk and have blamed that change for losing. Frankly they were losing before that.

The battle report from our side wasn't as bad as you're making out, any sort of stronghold assault is going to cost the attacker more than the defender so the ships lost comparison isn't a good metric.

We threw a lot of Battlecruisers in through the front door, which were obviously going to get shredded, but took out a fair few dreadnoughts in the process so that was fairly balanced. The 50bil difference was mainly down to a couple of failed T3 Cruiser assaults in one of the neighbouring systems which, as far as I can work out, at least one of was down to trying to use a fancy new tactic (sneak in with cloak fitted ships and then refit the same ship to full combat modules while out in space) for the first time during an actual operation with people who'd never done it before. It took too long to reconfigure the ships and the enemy had time to probe them down and catch them with their guns still in the packaging.

The second T3 loss I'm not 100% sure what happened. I watched the whole thing from my cloaked stealth bomber and it looked like they were just not aligned out of the combat zone so weren't ready to get out of the way when the Initiative Ishtars landed on them, which is a very odd mistake for an experienced FC to make. It was a "well that's that then" moment since without those ships the stealth bombers couldn't focus on removing the cyno jammers. We twiddled our thumbs for a bit, blew up an Initiative Muninn then jumped back home to join the main fleet.

The idea that this is a victory for the Imperium is pretty much down to the insane objective that PAPI set themselves of taking out every single piece of space they owned and "eradicating" them. So we're left in a situation where we pushed the enemy alliance back into a single constellation, glassed almost every structure they owned, made their home system difficult to live in with (incredibly fun) 23/7 black ops hit and run raids and apparently that's a loss. Presumably TEST was the mastermind behind the objective. Fucksakes, TEST. 

For the last few weeks we've been told to get everything together for one last make or break assault into 1DQ and the amount of effort on the part of the line members, particularly the industry guys, in doing so has been amazing. I'm especially proud of BRAVE, my lot, who weren't all that involved in the war for a long while but made a huge push into moving ships in and having a giggle camping the 1DQ gate. Then the day of the invasion we made one assault then half the coalition said "fuck it" and ran away. TEST aren't popular within the BRAVE ranks right now and their attempt to spin the withdrawal as a tax thing aren't being taken seriously. It's hard to believe that this plan wasn't already in the works a few days ago too so the last few days of moving in equipment just to be evacuated again were a bit of a waste.

Still, BRAVE took the loss in the spirit I would expect of them and hopped into cheap Atron frigates, Cormorant destroyers and one carrier (since, to paraphrase, "I built it to explode in 1DQ so it's damn well going to explode in 1DQ") and stormed the gates one last time. We all died, obviously, but took out one last shiny Goon ship with us.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/94271427/

It sounds like the plan for BRAVE is to back away from these massive alliance of alliances sort of games and get back to its medium scale roots which I'm all for. The Goons are obviously going to smug it up and are talking a big game about taking their revenge on BRAVE which, again, I'm all for since I play this game purely to make bad guys explode. And if nothing else the Goons play a great bad guy.

This is great to hear a perspective from both sides. Its like a real war with different info at the time based on what the higher ups are saying to the troops and then the aftermath where you find out more details on what happened. I also find it pretty interesting that even though its a game mainly based on combat and combat economies, PAPI and co still got war-weary and eventually pulled out. People in power setting out unrealistic war objectives in the name of propoganda/firing up the troops is another mirror to real life. Shame this seems like the end to the big war though! 

Out of all the enemy town halls broadcast last night about retreating the only person who came out of it with any shread of credability was Braves leader Dunk Dinkle. He has always been a pretty good guy and is generally well liked amougst imperium members. Shattered Armor on the other hand is a moron. He's the main reason why Brave are in a position where they now have a target on their back.

As for the T3 tengus Brave were buying they were way overpriced and also a totally terrible fit. They were appauling. Dark Shines (our FC) was laughing at the fit when we first saw it. Even I was. Someone in Horde made a fortune out of Brave pilots.

TEST aren't popular within the BRAVE ranks right now and their attempt to spin the withdrawal as a tax thing aren't being taken seriously. It's hard to believe that this plan wasn't already in the works a few days ago too so the last few days of moving in equipment just to be evacuated again were a bit of a waste.

We knew this was happening for about four or five days. Test FC's as well as some other groups were jumping out and fireselling their Titans. We even said so on the metashow and our discords. The surprise for us was the sudden unanchouring of keepstars. That we did not expect. But we think we know what is going to happen to them. They will use them to try and make their own 1DQ. The attempt at 1DQ that you lot made yesterday...that seems like it was cover for groups to start evacing shit and unanchouring structures.

As for TEST. They are a dead allaince walking. Their coms last night was rage induced hilarity.

Brave though? They will be fine. They'll get a kicking somewhere down the line but they will be fine. While some of line members smack in local we don't bare a grudge against them and pretty much everyone likes Dunk because he's a good chap and doesn't screw over his line members.

The real winner throughout this entire thing? Frat. Frat did pretty much fuck all and just stayed up North botting and building.

26 minutes ago, pulsemyne said:

While some of line members smack in local we don't bare a grudge against them

Even The Initiative aren't afraid to employ some less than classy local smack from time to time.

47 minutes ago, BoggyB said:

Even The Initiative aren't afraid to employ some less than classy local smack from time to time.

If people do start smacking then they are told not to do so. The get a verbal smack from Dark Shines and other FC's.

They sound rightly annoyed, it’s a huge anti climax. We know how invested and emotional people are over this game so it’s not a surprise that things got vocal. 

If leadership admitted a couple of weeks ago that things weren't going anywhere and to hold the line until we can withdraw I don't think we'd have had the same WTF reaction we're seeing now.

Wll that's Vily and PGL for you. Always have been and always will be shit heads. And then there is Manny...

Test is a dumpster fire and you are better off being a million miles away from them.