EVE online: It's still going on and it's still a war!

pulsemyne

NEWS!

Well that's a bit of a fuck up by the enemy. They are calling all their shit from all over EVE down to the fight. All their spare titans etc. However they are being spotted while on the move and...well people moving big stuff on their own never goes well. In the space of the past 45 minutes they have lost 5 titans already.

Not a good start for them.

Yep this could be the end for the servers, maybe the factions will have to limit their numbers just to stop the game from breaking.

You mentioned a presenter Pulsemyne, any chance of a link? Also any other good streams/YouTube channels that are worth watching that cover this kind of stuff would be cool if you know of any.

It's a live stream by our guys.

At the moment we have around 4400 people in the system on our side while the enemy has yet to really log into the system. They do have a very large number of people in their staging though. If I was them I wouldn't risk the jump in. I have a feeling that may just happen. I think they will forget about this and just scream "LOL made you form" etc. If they don't log in then the keep is safe and we go home happy.

Update!

Enemy forces just made a mistake and cyno'd in multiple titans too early and are dieing. 4 Titans dead so far and a fleet of Onyx class ships is being wiped out. So far today PAPI have lost 9 titans and nothing has really started yet.

Correction! It wasn't a mistake they just jumped 600 titans into systems and it has started to be a bit of a Turkey shoot. They are slowly loading grid and becuase we are already on it we are killing them.

We have now killed well over twenty titans and the enemy leaders are saying that CCP has messed up and will be reimbursing everyone who lost a ship. However this simply isn't true because this is not CCP's fault. This is their fault for jumping into a system with 5000 people waiting to kill them.

We are also now being told that they have been to log off as this went very tits up.

The great Turkey shoot.

fasUh5p.png

Last night was bonfire of the titans and a total fuck up by our enemies in PAPI.

There has always been one constant in Eve, if you cram a lot of people in one system and then try to jump a whole load more people into the system then the server can only move them so fast. It's just the nature of how the game works and how fast the server can process data. There's nothing new about that.

We in the imperium know this and our enemies also know this...or so we thought. So last night we decided to get in the target system of M2- first. We knew they had a lot of ships trapped in system that were logged off so it was a good idea to be there early and hopefully pick off people who logged their trapped ships in early.

When I say early what I actually mean is that both the fight a few days ago and this fight occured because of a Keepstar coming out of reinforcement and being on a thrity minute countdown timer until it repaired. The idea behind this mechanic was to force big fights to happen at certain times which it does.

Last night the keepstar in M2- was on it's final timer and it would come out at around 1 am. We weren't too bother if the Keep died or not because really we just wanted a big fight to happen so we could inflict as much damage on the enemy as possible. We knew their ships were trapped. We knew they would have to bring in reinforcements if they hoped to get them out.

"Guys that wasn't a spy cyno. They just jumped 600 titans into us."

As I said, a few hours before the timer we started bring in our super capitals, capitals and sub caps. We trickeld into system a few hundred ever so often and soon our numbers swelled to a little over 4000. Meanwhile the enemy had done...nothing. None of their 6000 strong pilots who were in their staging system had jumped.

Those of us who have played Eve a long time knew that this was a very big mistake. Trickling people into a system works because the server can handle the flow of data. Jumping thousands in at once does not and yet this is exactly what appeared that enemy was going to do.

With about an hour to go before the keepstar timer came out a cyno jump point point was lit above our fleet and a few enemy titans appered. At first we thought it was a crafty cyno lit by one of our spies in order to trick the odd enemy titan to jump to it and die. It was the perfect range from us for such a thing to happen. Then our FC told us on coms

"Guys that wasn't a spy cyno. They just jumped 600 titans into us"

It was just 600 titans, it was a lot of other fleets as well. Soon the local count, which stood at around 5000 for us, started to increase...but very slowly. The mistake had been made.

Paniced calls went out from enemy Fc's with several alliances choosing to log out their pilots rather than risk it and one allaince not even bothering at all. The massive blue donut of alliances against us were not singing from the same hymn sheet.

Titans began to appear in dribs and drabs and our Motherships set out fighter bombers to kill them as they appeared. Paniced calls went out from enemy Fc's with several alliances choosing to log out their pilots rather than risk it and one allaince not even bothering at all. The massive blue donut of alliances against us were not singing from the same hymn sheet. Over the next 12 hours we ground out kill after kill. Our sub capitals killing theirs and our capitals wiping out their titans. It was a turkey shoot.

Poverty Drive.

One thing the head of Goons had always made clear during his various talks to his alliance and our show on twitch was that we were always going to go after TEST alliance first. They had been the ones who backstabbed us. They had been the ones who had push others and formed alliances with previous enemies in order to drive Goons out of the game.

Last night we targatted them specifically.

We made a point of killing their titans more than anyone else's and out of the 150 that died in the fight around 100 of them belong to TEST.

TEST is a large allaince but they are not as rich as Goons or indeed some of their friends. The mittani said he wanted to drive TEST into poverty and while that may not be realistic there is one thing for sure. After last night there are 100 less titans in TEST at the cost of some 8 trillion isk. Over the two fights they have lost more than an allaince in eve history.

I went to bed at 2am. I got on three titan kills. I was happy enough with that.

Ghost titans!

It seems that the total number of titans we killed last night was actually too high to the tune of around 50 ish. You see as some people jumped in they had problems and logged out or were disconnected. This resulted in them appearing in the system but not actually being there so to speak so they are effectivly Ghost titans that, while we shot them and killed them, were not actually in the system. This has happened before so while it's annoying for us it wasn't entirely unexpected.

So they they only lost around 100 ish titans. Just the third largest amount ever lost in the game...

• 1 month later...

Oh you really should be with the good guys.

Also if that was from the fight earlier then fucking hell the tidi was mental. Totally screwed up my warp in. Ended up dying before I could get to the gate.

Still Braves staging ihub died.

INIT seem like decent folk who know what they’re doing but I don’t think I could ally with the Goons. Their toxicity got to the point where blocking them from local chat improved the game. 

It would be nice to get away from the constant pineapple on pizza chat in Legacy comms though, I’ll admit. 

That's also the second time I've had to deal with 10% tidi in the last couple of weeks, though it wasn't as bad as the first one which turned a relatively quick skirmish into a 6 hour slog.

Goons are nothing like they used to be. They changed a lot since about 2015. Init meanwhile is a great bunch of people. No drama. Discord is fun. Fc's are all really good people. Dark Shines even apologises when he loses his cool in fleets. Pando is just super chilled. Also TGRADS is just as awesome as it always has been because I am in them :)

As for local chat well we tend to block Brave and Test and I think I also blocked Horde. Init tends to be pretty strict when it comes to talking in local. The only one who really indulges i shit talk is Brisc Rubal but then again he gets a lot of shit back as well thanks to him presenting the meta show. He's actually a nice chap though and a bit of a laugh.

Money, Money, Money.

I've been considering writing an update for a while about a number of things that have happened but probably the most pertinant one, or rather one that could have wide reaching repercusions in the future, is what has occured over the past week or so.

While The Imperium, Legacy and Panfam happily shot the shit out of each other every day they also so something else. The leadership of all three decided (back when everyone wasn't shooting each other) to set up an co-operative business venture. All three created an entity called TTP whose purpose was to make an awful lot of money that would then be split three ways. This was done by dropping a Keepstar in the system next to EVE's busiest market hub (Jita 4-4). The prices for trading in this keepstar would be as low or lower than Jita. It was a good idea and the EVE community uses the place heavily.

Other places were also set up. A keepstar to trade in low security space and another citadel for production. It's a pretty sweet deal for everyone and, even during the worst of the war, no one tried to screw each other over.

Let's be EVE's bad guys.

Snuffed Out are a group of low sec pirates who are very annoying and also quite powerful. They have a decent sized cap fleet and Titans. They have decided lately that EVE really needs someone to be the bad guy. They did so a few months back by attacking a corp that does charitable things for other players and in real life. Basically they are EVE's shitheads but hey the galaxy needs someone like that.

Anyway Snuff was getting paid money from one part of the TTP alliance to basically be nice chaps and not interfer with it. However, something has changed lately and whatever it was it seems snuffed received their latest payment and promtly turned around and either demanded more money or just simply said "Fuck it Let's start blowing stuff up."

Whatever the reasons it has seen the destruction of the low sec Keepstar by Snuffed and another industrual citadel. After this they have now gone and war decced TTP and could attack the Keepstar in high sec that generates huge amounts of isk.

However there are many questions about this whole situation. For example when Snuffed attacked the low sec keepstar and the other citadels none of three major alliances involved in TTP went to defend them, in particular Legacy who said that they really didn't care as the Keepstar in low sec actually lost money. That is quite debatable. But the fact that nobody defended it is odd. And conspiracy theories abound.

One of those is that the Goons are paying snuffed to attack these structures as if they do kill the high sec keeps and citadels then while goons would lose some money they would be okay while the others would be hit far worse, especially as goons think their money is beginning to run low thanks to the war.

Persoanlly I just don't know. It could just be snuffed being snuffed but it's very interesting and could have an impact on the war.

• 4 weeks later...

Down to the wire.

After the debacle of M2, in which hundreds of titans ended up trapped and hell camped by the goons, Papi and co were left somewhat rudderless. They really just seemed to run out of steam and, for a while, goons made sure to take advantage of the situation take back some of the systems they had lost.

However as the hell camp dragged on it became apparent that while goons could sit there and stop a chunk of papis super fleet from doing anything they were also stuck themselves. To keep the camp up they had to divert useful numbers of people from doing valauble things.

Papi have always had higher numbers than goons and this advanatge still applied. So while goons could take some stuff back for a while it soon reverted back to papi and then they pressed home their advanatge.

M2 dragged on and papi took more space and slowly encircled the goons and have cornered them to a single constillation. The goons made a sensible call. They abandoned the hell camp in M2 and decided to let the trapped enemy titans escape, which they promptly did. 

A few days ago the M2 keepstar, the very keep that had brought about the decimation of hundred of titans, was attacked and died. And it's not been the only one.

The huge number of goon citadels across Delve has been gradually whittled down and quite a number of keepstars have died over the last few weeks. Papis tactic of taking a system ihub and waiting a month so they can cyno jam the system and prevent goons bring in their super fleet to defend citadels has worked well. It's the slow way of killing stuff but it works and if the shoe was on the other foot then goons would likely do the same. It's the no risk way of winning.

So it's all going well for Papi and friends and badly for goons and friends. Or is it?

Backdoor Action.

While all this has been going on in Delve a lot of stuff has been happening to the east in three regions Catch, Curse and Immensia. There regions are where Papi, their friends and renters live. Or should I say Lived.

Back in December one of the heads of Papi declared that when they took delve they would also keep control of all their other regions and would probably hand them out to friends etc. This would mean they would control somewhere in the region of 7 regions in the universe. The blue donut would be utterly complete.

Trouble is keeping control of lots of space means you have to have lots of players, lots of happy players as well.

Goons know this as do many others but not Papi it seems. And they and their friends have had a very rude awakening.

The Initiative (my alliance) along with a number of other friendly alliances made a decision to burn the utter shit out of all those regions and kill any and all structures that belong to Papi and Co.

In particular this forced the hand of BRAVE alliance who had a choice of either trying to live in their olds regions or moving and having to rebuild again. At the moment BRAVE are very isk poor and so relocating was going to hurt them. So they either had the choice of trying to fight us in Init and defend space or go down to a region near Delve. They choose the later and quite wisely in my opinion. They were in a mess and need to get themselves on better footing. A number of small alliances in those regions have also died or have lost their space and are in serious decline.

They have left a lot behind though and that has all died.

The aim of this was to intially drag Papi forces away from Delve, but it seems like TEST really cannot be bothered to help out their friends in those regions. So everything has been burnt or is burning at the moment and there have been some very expensive loses as well with the lose of some nice faction fortizars and Sotiyos. The sheer amount of stuff we are killing every night is pretty crazy.

Now however me face an issue. Once we are done with those three regions, which will be pretty soon, we have to decide where to go next. Our locust fleet needs more things to hit. We do have a number of options. We could follow Brave down to Querinous and try and kick over their sandcastles there. That could be tricky though as brave are now under the protection of TEST and friends and would give them a big numbers advantage. We could hit more sparsly populatied TEST regions and kill their structures there or hurt their friends. 

I'm not to sure what we will do. But what I do know is that TEST and friends will keep trying to remove Goons from their last constellation and Goons will defend that very furiously. And the area they have is very heavily defended. 1DQ will be the toughest nut in eve history to crack.

• 2 weeks later...

As far as wars go this ones a bit darn boring. The goons stopped seriously defending their keepstars ages ago, choosing to turtle up in 1DQ after wasting the initiative they accidentally found themselves with in M2. I suppose being so vastly outnumbered doesn’t leave many options though. 1DQ isn’t going to be a lot of fun to attack. The Goons are essentially stuck unless they can increase their numbers but being compressed into a small area gives them some very thick walls to hide behind. 

There’s not much desire in Brave to defend our old stuff in Catch, after yet another move back to Querious, so these supposed citadels are getting quietly dismantled rather than torn apart in bloody conflict. While I’m whining the initial selling of Braves move back into querious being “we’ll hold Impass, Catch AND Querious” was insanely optimistic and worked out about as well as I expected. 

The most fun I’m having at the minute is waiting for INIT et al to show up and break some of the cockier pilots expensive ships while our standing fleet comms spend too long arguing about what ships to

counter with. We lost a Rorqual earlier today to a Goon bomber fleet which reached their target by flying through our staging system unopposed, which was equally hilarious and depressing. 

19 hours ago, BoggyB said:

As far as wars go this ones a bit darn boring. The goons stopped seriously defending their keepstars ages ago, choosing to turtle up in 1DQ after wasting the initiative they accidentally found themselves with in M2. I suppose being so vastly outnumbered doesn’t leave many options though. 1DQ isn’t going to be a lot of fun to attack. The Goons are essentially stuck unless they can increase their numbers but being compressed into a small area gives them some very thick walls to hide behind. 

There’s not much desire in Brave to defend our old stuff in Catch, after yet another move back to Querious, so these supposed citadels are getting quietly dismantled rather than torn apart in bloody conflict. While I’m whining the initial selling of Braves move back into querious being “we’ll hold Impass, Catch AND Querious” was insanely optimistic and worked out about as well as I expected. 

The most fun I’m having at the minute is waiting for INIT et al to show up and break some of the cockier pilots expensive ships while our standing fleet comms spend too long arguing about what ships to

counter with. We lost a Rorqual earlier today to a Goon bomber fleet which reached their target by flying through our staging system unopposed, which was equally hilarious and depressing. 

TBH in Brave you have one good guy (Dunk) and one arsehole pulling in opposite directions. Stellar wants to be Piggles best bundy while Dunk goes "well let's be careful here and see how things go." Heck Dunk has even been on the metashow. He's a pretty good guy.

As for Catch and Impass etc you were never going to be able to hold those and Querinous. When this war started we knew would couldn't hold fountain,we tried of course, but holding space is very difficult when it comes under heavy attack because the attacker can do what they want at a time that suits them. The whole point was to try and hold Panfam back for some time so goons could get sorted in Delve.

Init, along with bastion and some russians have nearly completely cleared out every structure from catch (except keepstars and people have been told to evacuate them) and Immensia and Impass etc. We haven't really been opposed because all that would do was throw Brave ships into a meat grinder. Leaving to go to Querinous was pretty much they good decision your leaders could make.

As for init going to Querinous well I'm not too sure we will. It will be largely protected by horde and co and their numbers are way too high for init to handle. Personally I think we might then go and blow up TEST stuff somewhere. Not too sure where though. Leadership hasn't said anything. At the moment we are taking a small break after grinding structures for the past two months.

The irony of everything though is that Brave used to live in Querinous before the war as part of the fight club and Init used to live there for a while as well.

1DQ will be a horror show. So much so I don't think any sensible alliance leader would attack it. It's not just what is there already but also what goons can drop in the system if they want to. Also so much industry in concentrated in that area that they are still churning out mods and ships like it's nothing.

i mean your not going to gate supers into 1DQ because they will be screwed with traffic control and mashed on the gate. So the only way in is to take down the cyno jammers and to do that you would need at least several thousand in the system to try and take it because Goons would blob with carriers and other supers. If the jammer goes down then you can jump caps in, but there would already be a few thosuand caps on grid waithing for you to load and kill you.

And it's not just once of course. There are five keeps and dozens of forts and faction forts in the system.

It just really isn't worth it. Especially with the way to price on titans and caps is about to shoot up.

Meanwhile goons and test and friends decimate each other and FRAT are up north botting like mad and assembling a massive capital fleet. They are pretty much the only people who are going to come out of this well.

• 1 month later...

Even more backdoor action!

Being the nomadic bunch of people we are it was decided a week ago to move on from our small vacation area, that we used to make back some money and have a rest, and dump a load of ships near the area of space controlled the Panfam coaltion. 

The area we choose is called the great wildlands and it's an area that Pandemic Horde and another group called slyce tend to live in when they are not down on the front lines in Delve. We had set up a few fortizars near their area of space and were planning on basically doing to this area what we had done previously in areas like Catch i.e turn up, screw around with all their things and cause a lot of problems the aim being to drag their forces away from the front lines and their attempt to take the 1DQ constilation.

It wasn't too far for us to move ships because we were already quite close to the area so a quick 2 cyno jump and we could drop off a load of ships in the fort in the system of BRT. It took us about an hour ish to move the majority of stuff.

However, it became obvious pretty quickly that the enemy was not very happy with use being close enough to touch their precious things. Within a few days they came up to BRT with 1300 people and attack our staging fort. There was no way we could compete against such a large fleet so we just let them do their thing. It was obvious though that we would have to move on. However, we did try an anchour another fort in the system in the hope that we could just stage at that one. Sadly for us that fort was destroyed before it could be onlined. There was much chest beating about this on reddit and some of them assumed that they had scuppered The Initiatives deployment completely.

Always have a Plan B.

As always things can go not quite to plan and our staging in BRT was pretty screwed, but our FC's and planners had prepared for it. We had an alternative area where we could deploy and still cause trouble for those that we wanted to.

Very close to space they control is the low security system of Uemon and for us it's pretty much perfect. Uemon is NPC space and it has two NPC stations. This means that we can use it as a staging area and we cannot be removed. NPC stations are invulnerable, and because it's low sec space the station can not be bubbled to hell and back and stop us undocking ships.

This means we cannot be kicked out of the area and can annoy the enemy any time we like. It's a similar thing to what they did to us at the very start of the war. They based out of NPC space and stations and, becasue they were the attacking force, they could dictate where and when to attack. Now we can do the same.

This pivot to a new staging acheives the main point of all of this. WE can pick and choose when to drag away the enemy from the front line. They are certainly angry enough for that to occur. Tonight, for example, they brought pilots from the front to attack some of the few fortizars we have as well as defend one that some other group has attacked. This buys the goons a rebite and allows them to do some stuff. Which is the whole point of this.

Of course we aren't actually shy in letting the enemy know this either as whatever they choose it's a win win for us. Either they come and defend their space, thereby doing exactly what we want them to do, or they stay in Delve and we burn their space. 

So I get to shot people and cause the enemy a problem.

Frontline inaction.

While this has been going on the enemy has made the odd attempt to attack the entrance to the 1DQ constilation called 3D-. They have tried a number of times to kill the jump bridge in the system as well as the systems Cyno jammers that prevent their capital ships jumping into the system. So far this has been met each time with very stiff goon and Init resistance and we have beaten back their attempts. We have the big advanatge in that we can use our capital ships, that are already in system, to defend the space and blap their ships with minimal risk. Given that and the fact that the price on pretty much all ships has shot through the roof over the past few weeks thanks to CCP's changes that they have made, this is making the enemy less risk adverse than they already were. So the whole seige of IDQ has become less of s seige and more a case of "Bore you out of the game."

Such a thing is destined to fail though simply due to the fact that we have a will of iron...and possibly no life just like me.

Also if any magazines or game sites would be interested in me writing a load of eve bollocks for them then I can do it. After all where are you going to get such brilliant insite to eve? And the spelling mistakes to boot?

• 3 weeks later...

Now go away or I will taunt you a second time!

mXnfMJMtnysGkLs5d7wGapcQBPwr3sllZ_UwxuIZ

The above picture was posted to reddit about 6 months ago. It's goons in their keepstars in 1DQ and it is as true as it is today as it was sixth months ago.

Little has changed since the last update, at least as far as the war goes. Test and their friends keep trying to drop citadels in 3-D and they keep failing to be successful. Just yesterday they told their people to be ready for an onlining citadel in 3-D and then go back north to kill an onlining azbel that we initiative people had dropped in the one of their capitals. Personally I knew exactly what was going to happen. I knew they would pass on the difficult objective and choose the easy one. So they jump clones hundred of people up north and shot something that was meaningless while leaving goons to reset the invasion clock back a week. It has been a very half hearted attempt at storming the gates of fortress Delve and there is the feeling that moral is low in the enemy while it is sky high in goons and The initiative. 

Just to make Papis life more difficult in 3-D we decided to drop a Keepstar in the system. The dropping of the keep actually was a part of the rouse we did by placing that Azbel up north. We knew they would go and shoot that so it gave us the time to drop a Keepstar which will online tomorrow. Unless Papi decides that it must throw everything to stop it.

Which would be fun for us.

The council of stellar management.

Quite some time ago CCP did something rather naughty. It was discovered that people who worked at CCP were helping a large alliance called Band of Brothers. Understandibly people were very pissed off so CCP decided to make a "council of stellar management"  an elected group of players who wouldn talk to CCP and help them in designing the game and replaying concerns back to CCP about certain things. If you on the CSM then you get to have a say in how the game develops. You also get to go to iceland to talk directly to them and have about a thousand video conferences with them to tell them to stop doing stupid things or when they do things right.

Every year new players are elected and typically they come from most of the major null security alliances like Goons, Test, NC or PL etc. A player can serve 3 consecutive terms providing the players vote for them of course.

Because of the importance of this you typically see people make campaign videos saying what they want to see CCP do or change. This year is no exception and things have even been kicked up a notch. Hence the Napolean Dynamite and Kenny G mentions in the thread title.

Quite how Brisc got Jon Hader to do this I have no idea. Kenny G though does messages for money. Although the Kenny G video is private. Which is a pitty as it was funny.

Still the whole thing is very weird. And funny.

• 1 month later...

Containment Procedure.

Yep it has certainly been a while since I updated this thread with more exciting news from the universe of New Eden and there is a very good reason for that...nothing much has happened in the war.

Well, I say nothing has happened but that's not entirely accurate because things have happened it's just nothing on real consequence to the overall war. There was a brief moment of excitement when one of the main Papi alliances, NCdot, had a bit of a moment where nearly their entire us timezone FC's decided to leave for pastures new as NCdot was so boring. The two corporations wanted to leave and join another alliance so they could have some fun. The leader of NCdot, Vince Draken, really did not take kindly to this and decided that members of those corps are to be shot on sight along with the alliance they joined...one that was one their side fighting the goons. Because of this Vince was called all the names under the sun by my lot and some of his allies. Still did not break the "harmony" of the big blue donut though. 

But that should tell you something about the last few months of this war. It's been damn boring. Papi scream and shout that they have goons contained and they will keep them like that.

Actually that last part should be written in the past tense because this whole great idea of containment of the goons has now been throw to the wall and there are some very interesting reasons for that.

Do something!

While containing goons seemed all well and good it has had a big effect on not those who are contained but rather those who are trying to contain them. You see Goons and my group are old hands at eve and we have been through the hard times and the good. We have stuck by Eve and we just keep on login in and playing the game. Or rivals though...well let's just say they are not made of sterner stuff.

After whleping fleets against the walls on goon space the number of people in their fleets began to drop, slowly at first but over the last month or so it has dropped like a rock. Before they could outnumber us four to one. Now we can outnumber them.

But why have the numbers dropped? Well it's a combination of things.

1. Promising the scored earth. Papi started this war by telling their members they wanted nothing more than the removal of goons from this game and that they were going to destory every goon citadel and every goon titan and so on. They wanted a war of extermination. Now these pleased a whole lot of people because they all hated the goons, some for things goons had done in the past, others because of things they had heared of the goons doing and any other reason you can possibly think off. However after they ran into the defensive wall the goons have thrown up and their leadership became very reluctant to have a set of balls and try and break through it, a lot of people just became infuriated and spotted playing.

2. Scarcity. There really is nothing like a developer causing an economic crash in a game to stop people wanting to play it and yet this is exactly what CCP did as the war started. The hit things and nerfed things so that it became very difficult for people to make money in null sec space. Because people couldn't make money they couldn't buy ships (expecially capitals) they did not feel like login in. Oh and if you were a miner then things were even worse and you couldn't mine that well. This, on top of the changes to contruction requirements for ships, made things far more expensive and also made it more difficult of industrialists to make a profit. Less money in the game meant less incentive for people to risk ships.

3. Realisation. There's nothing more annoying when your sworn enemy is not only able to resist your attacks but actually benefits from them immensly. You see the above point has hit alliances hard and especially those who were not well off to begin with. That happens to be a lot of the Papi alliances. Goons meanwhile are rolling in isk, and have whole sections of the alliance dedicated to make isk in as many ways as possible. While Scarcity hurt them the goons have been able to adapt. They are just really well structured. So they aren't going to run out of ships, or isk or pilots. In fact the more goons were "contained" the more their confidence has grown because they realise that Papis heart isn't in it anymore.

Which bring us to the past week. Faced with discord in the ranks and pressure from somne of the alliances to try and halt the decline in numbers and get people playing again it was decided that containment was no longer a valid idea. They have decided to throw everything they have at the goons and us and see if they can make any progress and they have given themselves one month to make it happen...after they have had a week to move stuff back down to delve for the fight. They even hyped this announcement a week early. So we have now had two weeks to prepare even more for an attack that we were already very prepapred for.

They could have tried to catch us by surprise but nope.

Thanks to those lovely advanced notices the fires of the 1DQ industial factories have been stoked and are churning out a staggering amount of ships, weapons, moduels and ammunition, far more than the enemys systems next door is.

Also, goons have been really, really looking forward to this. They have been begging for it for months. Their moral is sky high. They live for 14 hour fleets in crippling tidi.

They really are a strange bunch.