Hyper Scape - Game Hopefully Better Than Its Title

Let's see: 

• Battle Royale
  • Micro Transactions
  • Twitch Bit revenue
  • Soulless art style
  • Ubisoft
  • Battle Royale

Yeah, not a single redeeming factor for me. While Ubi is nothing but a shadow of its former self these days (to me anyway, I really don't care for their software at all anymore) they still seem to be good at over hyping their releases which will generate a lot of pre-orders by fanboy teens who believe anything Ubi say. If this isn't another failure I'll eat my hat. 

I mean, remember when Apex Legends got announced and everyone thought it looked horrid and had a shit name, and then they got to play it and it was really good?

I'm not interested in another Battle Royale game at this point, but we've been wrong before.

11 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

I mean, remember when Apex Legends got announced and everyone thought it looked horrid and had a shit name, and then they got to play it and it was really good?

I might remember wrongly but I thought people in general were excited for Apex due to it looking a lot like Titanfall 2?

For about two mins I read the title as Hyper Scrape, think yeah that really is weird as fuck name. So when it came to realising what it really is called, it wasn’t quite as bad. 

Apex Legends was one of the best game launches/reveals I've ever seen. It was available to play, fully-formed, about five seconds after it was announced.

- UBIsoft release big multiplayer GaaS

- It's pretty bad

- Playerbase dwindles

- Leaving a small but dedicated set of fans

- UBIsoft continue to work on it

- Eventually it becomes a passable game

- Some people come back to it

- It makes enough money to warrant a sequel/further updates

A story as old as time...

2 hours ago, Rayn said:

I might remember wrongly but I thought people in general were excited for Apex due to it looking a lot like Titanfall 2?

Nah, everybody was disappointed it wasn't Titanfall 3. "Another F2P Battle Royale?"
I remember industry analyst Daniel Ahmad posting that he heard good things about Apex Legend before the official reveal and that people were too eager to jump to conclusions, and guess what:

Watching now. Some dude is rapping.

Hmm, the 2 mins i watched were...interesting. You can turn into a bouncy ball or something. 

I don't really play these type of games, but that looks pretty good I think. Ubi's MP offerings are generally solid as hell mechanically (R6 Siege, For Honor).

The Q3 Arena esque gameplay looks really fun, tbh, but I’m not a sucker for that art direction, everything looks so soulless and bland.

Yeah, this is the main problem I have with all stuff like this. Valiant is the same (but the reason I don't play that is that I don't enjoy Counterstrike). It just looks like it's been managed into oblivion from on high. At least games are colourful these days, mind.

Yeah, there is a bit of Q3 Arena about this. Thought it was ok by the very limited time I've played it.  It's certainly very different than Apex Legends.