PlayStation Plus for July 2020 | Extra game+free theme

Good to have an extra game although I do remember when we would get 5 to 6 games per month on PS4/PS3/Vita.

Trailer for Erica

Would've been nicer if NBA 2K wasn't down to like £3.99 a month ago!

Still, a good mix of stuff there. Rise of the Tomb Raider is the second best reboot Raider. And Erica looks interesting.

3 minutes ago, gospvg said:

Good to have an extra game although I do remember when we would get 5 to 6 games per month on PS4/PS3/Vita.

Trailer for Erica

Holy shit. Those graphics are unbelievable!

(Seriously, that looks interesting, and is exactly what I used to love about PS Plus. I've never heard of this one.)

I wish PS+ would have more indie titles and less retail-released games, agree Erica is the only title that interests me this month.

Isn't NBA20k filled to the absolute brim with transactions? I can't help but scoff when I see these types on games creep up.

1 hour ago, Timmo said:

When are the new PS Now titles usually announced?

First Tuesday of the month I believe, then available the day after, so probably not until a week tomorrow.

40 minutes ago, df0 said:

Isn't NBA20k filled to the absolute brim with transactions? I can't help but scoff when I see these types on games creep up.

It is yes, but it's a solid basketball game if you just avoid those types of modes.

26 minutes ago, Gambit said:

It is yes, but it's a solid basketball game if you just avoid those types of modes.

If you just play single player modes you can pretty much avoid the transactions.

As a sports sim, it’s still easily the best there is.

Yeah another bad month for me too. Basketball game I wouldn't even want to try. The non core design tomb raiders aren't really my thing (I prefer when they were adventure/exploration games rather than uncharted rip offs/over dramatic shooting people games). I already own Erica (because it was sub £5 last year). 

Erica is a good psplus game because it will give it a bigger audience. The concept was good and it was well made if slight. Would like to see the same developers have another go on ps5. If they got a proper budget/more time could be a good next gen until dawn style success.

It's not the best month for me either but I can't complain: I've been getting hours out of The Last of Us Remastered and Starwars Battlefront 2 this week. All in all PSplus is a nice lucky dip every month.

On 29/06/2020 at 13:47, Timmo said:

When are the new PS Now titles usually announced?

Hello Neighbor has been announced as joining the service this month as part of a new Indie initiative. That will no doubt fill you with joy.

• 2 weeks later...

Played a bit of Erica and while being the best looking and acted FMV game I've played, it also might be the most boring.

I'm playing with a controller, not my phone as the game suggests, because fuck setting an app up to play a PS4 game and it is fiddly as fook. Using the touchpad like a mouse curser sounds as bad as you think. And the game is made up of the flimsiest ways to use it. Using a lighter, slowly opening drawers etc. It's the sort of stuff even David Cage would leave on the cutting room floor. Not impressed in this FMV game future. Bring back the hilarious nonsense of Phantasmagoria and Ripper.

• 2 months later...

Just completed Erica, not much in the way of gameplay and a basic plot line but all over in 90 minutes so pretty short and Austin Wintory of Journey fame is the composer.