rllmuk
Cool Ben

Help me remember this incest film.

OK, I'm not sure any of this is all from the right film but it's been a long time, mid 80s I would guess. From what I can remember there is a brother and sister, she gets raped and then the brother and sister have sex towards the end, I'm sure it's on a waterbed. What film or films am I thinking of? 

I doubt it's right (especially with the waterbed part) but The War Zone sprung to mind.

Doesn't one of the Amityville films have something like that in it?

Was he related to the Flubber in Flubber? I'm not sure he even had sex with it...

Pretty sure it's not Flubber. 

• Upvote 1

No nothing is ringing a bell. No other details currently. I think it's something to do with my age, I just keep getting flashbacks to my youth. Something about the waterbed brings back a memory, just trying to connect the dots. 

@Cool Ben, it's not Stephen Poliakoff's Close My Eyes is it? 

No outright rape, no water bed I can remember though. 

Otherwise, how about the 1982 version of Cat People? That's got incest in it. What an odd topic. 

I'm kind curious as to why you want to remember this film, but at the same time I really don't want to know. 

• Upvote 2

It's not 80s, but Russ Meyer's Vixen! perhaps. Since we're all just naming every film we can think of with incest.

Guys, just because a film features waterbed incest it doesn't mean it's any less valid to try to remember than anything else :lol:

It's probably not Ghostbusters 2, anyway.

• Upvote 1

On 27/06/2020 at 10:12, Cool Ben said:

OK, I'm not sure any of this is all from the right film but it's been a long time, mid 80s I would guess. From what I can remember there is a brother and sister, she gets raped and then the brother and sister have sex towards the end, I'm sure it's on a waterbed. What film or films am I thinking of? 

As someone has already mentioned, it has to be The Hotel New Hampshire. Which was made in the mid 80s,  has a brother and sister, the sister gets raped and the brother and sister spend all day having sex towards the end if the film. 

On 28/06/2020 at 23:05, Doctor Shark said:

I'm kind curious as to why you want to remember this film, but at the same time I really don't want to know. 

Is nothing dark, or to do with rape etc. 

Approaching my mid forties now and for the last few years I keep getting flashbacks to various things, sometimes like deja vu, or it could be a smell. Mostly it's childhood stuff that is buried deep, pops up and I do my best to remember and enjoy the nostalgia. 

For some reason the waterbed has some kind of connection to an early crush, maybe this film. I don't know, I have gone a bit more odd over the last few months. 

Going back to the film, gang raped outside rings a bell. The incest bit is near the end, I'm sure she has sex with her brother to help get over the rape, must be an odd film and why was I watching it as a teenager? Lol

There was a waterbed in Nightmare on Elm Street Part.....4, I think?

Probably no incest but who even knows with that series.

7 hours ago, Nequests said:

There was a waterbed in Nightmare on Elm Street Part.....4, I think?

Probably no incest but who even knows with that series.

Yeah, Johnny Depp gets killed in it.

1 hour ago, deKay said:

Yeah, Johnny Depp gets killed in it.

Johnny Depp gets killed in part 1 and it's a normal bed. 

I don't even think Lord Cookie could solve this mess.

On 29/06/2020 at 21:44, mash said:

As someone has already mentioned, it has to be The Hotel New Hampshire. Which was made in the mid 80s,  has a brother and sister, the sister gets raped and the brother and sister spend all day having sex towards the end if the film. 

Is it not this then?

Surely is. Cool Ben's memory is muddled having had a first time moment while watching it on a waterbed. 

Johnny Depp on a waterbed? Is it Edward Scissorhands?

1 hour ago, ZOK said:

Johnny Depp on a waterbed

Cool Ben, his eyes wide.