Need for Speed Hot Pursuit: Remastered

Yeah, it's a great trailer. Really taps into some of the more obssessive sides of playing it. Am I reading it wrong, or is it implying my old Autolog times'll be sat there waiting for me when I load it up?

Edit: Scratch that, just googled it. No go. Shame, but it's not exactly a hardship having to do them again. 

33 minutes ago, Parappa said:

A version of this may have leaked over 30 days prior to release! 

I don't think it's leaked.  It has already been sent out to YouTubers/streamers to play, for example:

On 13/10/2020 at 11:46, Parappa said:

A version of this may have leaked over 30 days prior to release! 

Turns out it had - Switch version.  I had the chance to see it running this weekend (docked) and lets just say I hope its an early version.. :unsure:

• 2 weeks later...

Oh wow. My American ass has been dealing with a plethora of things across the sea! I've just opened up rllmuk for the first time in years. Wow good to see most of you all are still alive and well. Definitely excited to see and speak to you all again.

16 hours ago, HeyMykie said:

Oh wow. My American ass has been dealing with a plethora of things across the sea! I've just opened up rllmuk for the first time in years. Wow good to see most of you all are still alive and well. Definitely excited to see and speak to you all again.

Welcome back friend! Very much looking forward to racing and chatting with you in this game once again :)

Ah Mykie! I think my forum account was different but I remember many nights playing Blur and HP with you and Karzee and Joe! 

Most excellent. What format are we all getting this remaster on then?

Oh man. I played the 1998 original (NFS 3: Hot pursuit). Which, taking into account it's age, was a better game than the 2010 one, as you could download additional user made cars, and mod it up completely, which was awesome! Though the  2010 one was also awesome. My big problem with 2010 was shitty online, no voip, and no matchmaking if I recall? 

Still, if that's fixed now, I don't think it's worth 50 bucks for some 4k textures...<_<

2 hours ago, Varnsen said:

Ah Mykie! I think my forum account was different but I remember many nights playing Blur and HP with you and Karzee and Joe! 

Most excellent. What format are we all getting this remaster on then?

PS4 here but given there's crossplay I think we're all good :)

Well I hope the switch version is decent considering its basically a port of a 360 game.

I want to buy it but I think I may go pc. And even then I own the original game on pc so I'm not quite sure I want it considering it doesmt look that different. 

Before I potentially do something silly and I think I know the answer but just want to make sure... if I get this digital now then I will simply re-download it in a couple of weeks to play on the PS5 yes?

Planning a series of fairly late nights from midnight tonight with this :)

13 minutes ago, MardiganX said:

Before I potentially do something silly and I think I know the answer but just want to make sure... if I get this digital now then I will simply re-download it in a couple of weeks to play on the PS5 yes?

Planning a series of fairly late nights from midnight tonight with this :)

As far as I know, yes. You can count on this being part of the 99 percent of PS4 games that are backwards compatible on PS5.

I would even bet some money on EA following up with a next-gen update, possibly even allowing for 4K/60fps on PS5 and XSX.

6 minutes ago, moosegrinder said:

Bought and downloading. monkeyboyX on Xbox live. I'll find the cross platform username in a bit, it's probably moosegrinder.

Not sure how this works exactly, found a EA username a few weeks back when playing Star Wars Squadrons cross-platform but not it seems to be a different one. Oh well.

Is the game out? I thought it was out in another month! 

Also, its not 4k60 on X and Pro? That's a shocker. Hopefully the Series X gets an upgrade. 

Yeah mine too - was hoping for a go yesterday evening as it was meant to unlock at 9am local time in New Zealand on the Xbox but it’s still showing preorder on their store as well. 

Well done EA.