Suicide Squad: Kill The Justice League by Rocksteady's sexual harassment team- 2022

It's been rumoured for a while, but it's looking increasingly likely Rocksteady's new game is a Suicide Squad game called...erm...

Suicide Squad Kill The Justice League

Yeah, ok. 

It still seems to be a way off, but there's been various confirmations the last few days and Eurogamer have just confirmed it as well. 

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2020-06-22-yes-batman-arkham-developer-rocksteady-is-making-a-suicide-squad-game

I've heard that one particular phrase registered as a domain - "SuicideSquadKillTheJusticeLeague.com" - is a contender for the game's final title, and a good summation of what you can expect Rocksteady's next big project to be about.

Edit: 2022 release date and trailer:

Well, I guess it'll be a decent enough game if Rocksteady is doing it, but...

Suicide Squad?

Really?

I don't want to play as those fuckwits :(

I mean, they've all been beaten up multiple times by loads of folks.

Boooooooo.

1 minute ago, three1ne said:

That's such a disappointment to hear after the rumours of Superman and Turtles.

'Superman and the Turtles' would be the greatest team up ever. 

It was probably started off back when WB thought the film was going to be a monster sequel and multimedia generating hit machine and this would be amazing synergy. Hopefully it won't be the same obnoxious style as the movie.

The funniest thing about the film (certainly not any of the jokes in it) was all the cast thinking it was going to be this enduring piece of pop culture for the ages and getting tattoos done (except Will Smith who had more fucking sense) like the fellowship of the ring did with LoTR. Better still they did them to each other so now they all look like child drew on them with a bic and can't get rid of the reminder they starred in that piece of crap without laser surgery.

Jesus, lets take the one team who ever made a decent DC game and put them on the worst DC property of the last ten years. No wonder the idiots in charge of this garbage are having to sell it. 

Is the Suicide Squad any good in the comics? I guess they're not going to copy it direct from the movie.

Was there a rumour that Rocksteady were doing sixties Batman / DC or was that just wishful thinking by someone here?

1 minute ago, James Lyon said:

Is the Suicide Squad any good in the comics? I guess they're not going to copy it direct from the movie.

Was there a rumour that Rocksteady were doing sixties Batman / DC or was that just wishful thinking by someone here?

The original  John Ostrander Suicide Squad comics from the 80s are good. Quite political (at least more so than today's superhero comics) and fun. Everything since then has been shite.

Should be fun, based on a property that's mainly associated with a true stinker of a film and Jared Leto acting like a bellend behind the scenes and in front of the camera. Protracted development might be mean it's been hit with the bat of every fad that meddling execs think are a money spinner along the way as well. WB are one of the worst publishers for this. The timing probably means that it was being designed during the make everything as GaaS as possible and we'll be making money forever phase, like that Avengers game.

Still Rocksteady are a talented bunch, so there's hope. Just don't me surprised if it's full of get a +10 attack with a chance of bleeding legendary baseball bat for your Harley Quinn wearing her exclusive hot pants from the Christmas limited time event.

3 minutes ago, James Lyon said:

Like most comics, they’ve been good and bad depending on who is writing them, but from what I’ve heard they’ve gone to shit completely since the rubbish movie because they now have to desperately incorporate whatever the incompetent executives want this week now that it’s one of their big brands that everyone loves like Batman.

It’s not like you can’t spin shit into gold. The recent Harley Quinn cartoon is basically Suicide Squad in everything but name and it’s far better than it has any right to be.

spacer.png

Banking big on the Gunn movie rescuing the brand by the time it comes out, I guess? Batman wasn’t a terribly bankable games property when Arkham Asylum came out so I live in hope.

But yeah their terrible edgy versions of the villains will have to go if we’re going to spend an entire game with them.

Are Rocksteady still owned by Warner?

I refuse to believe that if this rumour is true that a Suicide Squad game is what they’ve been dreaming of doing really.

Wasn't the Batman franchise their dream franchise? I seem to remember Sefton Hill saying something like that when one of the Arkham games was in development. I have zero excitement at the prospect of a Suicide Squad game BUT this is entirely down to it being one of the worst films I've ever had to sit through.

I have loved their output so much up to this point I am giving them huge benefit of the doubt and hopefully this will be up with their best.

2 hours ago, Broker said:

How are Rocksteady still just starting their next game? What have they been doing since batman 3?

This is a bit weird, yeah. They are either making something huge or the project had development problems.

Anyhow, if it's MP focused I'm out. I have no love for Suicide Squad but I'm sure Rocksteady could make a good game out of that property though, same with Gunn and his movie.

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Are Rocksteady still owned by Warner?

I refuse to believe that if this rumour is true that a Suicide Squad game is what they’ve been dreaming of doing really.

I just assumed it was Superman.

I think the Superman rumours, along with what they said about working on something they’d always wanted to work on (which surely couldn’t be Suicide Squad), combined with the fact they’re apparently so early on in the development of their SS game, paints a picture of a possible cancelled Superman game we’ll never see :( 

Remember in the lead up to the release of Arkham Asylum some website ran an article claiming that it was painfully average license fodder and the publishers were bribing reviewers to make it seem a lot better than it was? I remember being genuinely surprised when it turned out to be the best superhero game ever. 

50 minutes ago, Sabreman said:

I just wanted another Batman. Yeah, I'm not tired of those.

In case you missed it, you're getting one from WB Montreal supposedly called Gotham Knights.

I don't have any affinity for Suicide Squad but then I could say the same about Batman before AA released. I'm fairly confident Rocksteady will deliver a good game regardless of license.