Jump to content

New Pokemon Games


Recommended Posts

 

 

Pokemon Cafe Mix, a puzzle game (Switch, mobile). Pokemon Smile, a help kids brush their teeth game (mobile), Pokemon Snap 2, updates for Pokemon Go, and of course DLC for Sword and Shield.

 

And! An announcement for MORE next week.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Reddit seem to reckon the announcement next week will be Let's Go Johto, possibly Umbreon and Espeon editions - their plushies are in front of the Let's Go Gen 1 game, and the Gen 2 legendaries and starter plushies are behind him in the video. 

 

We're through the looking glass here people. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

My daughters gave Pokemon Smile a whirl before bed. They both failed to catch anything after all the brushing, but the stickers and screenshots were a hit.

 

This is after racking up thousands of skips in that rabbit game already. Everything is Nintendo now.

Link to post
Share on other sites

An official Nintendo vertical grip packaged with a new Pokemon/Metroid pinball would be great. Joycons could be slotted into the controller to give some rumble and keep the price down - a bit like the pack-in 'dog controller' the Switch comes with, just in a different orientation. I guess it's less likely since the advent of those slighter Nintendo titles being digital nowadays, that started properly in the 3DS era. Or maybe it'd just be £50 all in *shrug*. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I've got Pokemon Cafe Mix ready to go. I know it's free to play so has potential of being some proper microtransaction fuckery, but the last f2p Pokemon game (Pokemon Quest) gave me many hours of fun without spending anything so hoping this'll be the same.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Twitter seems pretty convinced tomorrow's announcement is a Let's Go! game, only in the Johto region, so Let's Go type remakes of Gold and Silver. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, deKay said:

Twitter seems pretty convinced tomorrow's announcement is a Let's Go! game, only in the Johto region, so Let's Go type remakes of Gold and Silver. 

 

I'd be all over that.  Let's Go was the perfect length and the changes in game play worked really well for me.  Also, my 6 year old started Let's Go Eevee as her first ever Pokemon adventure (well... non Go) and my wife loved Let's Go too, so family gaming for the win!

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 18/06/2020 at 09:59, Gambit said:

I've got Pokemon Cafe Mix ready to go. I know it's free to play so has potential of being some proper microtransaction fuckery, but the last f2p Pokemon game (Pokemon Quest) gave me many hours of fun without spending anything so hoping this'll be the same.

 

I played a bit of the Cafe Mix tutorial last night and it seems really basic. I thought it would be more of a puzzle game, a match 3 type of deal, but so far all you seem to do is put your finger on the pokemon and then swirl it around until you get all the other pokemon of the same type in a chain and then release. Doesn't seem like there's a challenge? Unless it picks up once I'm out of the tutorial.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Gambit said:

 

I played a bit of the Cafe Mix tutorial last night and it seems really basic. I thought it would be more of a puzzle game, a match 3 type of deal, but so far all you seem to do is put your finger on the pokemon and then swirl it around until you get all the other pokemon of the same type in a chain and then release. Doesn't seem like there's a challenge? Unless it picks up once I'm out of the tutorial.

 

It picks up a bit, but there's no attempt to craft an enjoyable learning curve because they want you to pay your way through any difficulties. I got hit by a big spike out of nowhere, just as my credits were starting to run out. Standard mobile nonsense.

Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a shame. Pokémon Quest had difficulty spikes but I found the building up of Pokémon by grinding strangely enjoyable so wasn't that fussed with it.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.