New Pokemon Games

Pokemon Cafe Mix, a puzzle game (Switch, mobile). Pokemon Smile, a help kids brush their teeth game (mobile), Pokemon Snap 2, updates for Pokemon Go, and of course DLC for Sword and Shield.

And! An announcement for MORE next week.

Reddit seem to reckon the announcement next week will be Let's Go Johto, possibly Umbreon and Espeon editions - their plushies are in front of the Let's Go Gen 1 game, and the Gen 2 legendaries and starter plushies are behind him in the video. 

We're through the looking glass here people. 

My daughters gave Pokemon Smile a whirl before bed. They both failed to catch anything after all the brushing, but the stickers and screenshots were a hit.

This is after racking up thousands of skips in that rabbit game already. Everything is Nintendo now.

An official Nintendo vertical grip packaged with a new Pokemon/Metroid pinball would be great. Joycons could be slotted into the controller to give some rumble and keep the price down - a bit like the pack-in 'dog controller' the Switch comes with, just in a different orientation. I guess it's less likely since the advent of those slighter Nintendo titles being digital nowadays, that started properly in the 3DS era. Or maybe it'd just be £50 all in *shrug*. 

• Upvote 1

I've got Pokemon Cafe Mix ready to go. I know it's free to play so has potential of being some proper microtransaction fuckery, but the last f2p Pokemon game (Pokemon Quest) gave me many hours of fun without spending anything so hoping this'll be the same.

• Upvote 1

Twitter seems pretty convinced tomorrow's announcement is a Let's Go! game, only in the Johto region, so Let's Go type remakes of Gold and Silver. 

18 hours ago, deKay said:

Twitter seems pretty convinced tomorrow's announcement is a Let's Go! game, only in the Johto region, so Let's Go type remakes of Gold and Silver. 

I'd be all over that.  Let's Go was the perfect length and the changes in game play worked really well for me.  Also, my 6 year old started Let's Go Eevee as her first ever Pokemon adventure (well... non Go) and my wife loved Let's Go too, so family gaming for the win!

On 18/06/2020 at 09:59, Gambit said:

I've got Pokemon Cafe Mix ready to go. I know it's free to play so has potential of being some proper microtransaction fuckery, but the last f2p Pokemon game (Pokemon Quest) gave me many hours of fun without spending anything so hoping this'll be the same.

I played a bit of the Cafe Mix tutorial last night and it seems really basic. I thought it would be more of a puzzle game, a match 3 type of deal, but so far all you seem to do is put your finger on the pokemon and then swirl it around until you get all the other pokemon of the same type in a chain and then release. Doesn't seem like there's a challenge? Unless it picks up once I'm out of the tutorial.

27 minutes ago, Gambit said:

I played a bit of the Cafe Mix tutorial last night and it seems really basic. I thought it would be more of a puzzle game, a match 3 type of deal, but so far all you seem to do is put your finger on the pokemon and then swirl it around until you get all the other pokemon of the same type in a chain and then release. Doesn't seem like there's a challenge? Unless it picks up once I'm out of the tutorial.

It picks up a bit, but there's no attempt to craft an enjoyable learning curve because they want you to pay your way through any difficulties. I got hit by a big spike out of nowhere, just as my credits were starting to run out. Standard mobile nonsense.

That's a shame. Pokémon Quest had difficulty spikes but I found the building up of Pokémon by grinding strangely enjoyable so wasn't that fussed with it.