RE VIIIAGE/RE8

RubberJohnny

Here's the trailer in 4k. Looks like they've doubled-down on the Gothicy Hammer Horror stuff from the end of Resi 7 and have pulled away entirely from the Texas Chainsaw Massacre vibe it starts with.

And maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't look especially next-gen to me. It looks good, but it doesn't look that good. No better than Resi 2 Remake. Maybe worse. Perhaps I'm nitpicking.

Shame that the demo isn't available for Xbox or PC.

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

And maybe I'm blind, but it doesn't look especially next-gen to me. It looks good, but it doesn't look that good. No better than Resi 2 Remake. Maybe worse. Perhaps I'm nitpicking.

Shame that the demo isn't available for Xbox or PC.

It looks pretty enough and runs at 60fps but, no, I didn’t see anything especially incredible during my short, terror filled gameplay.

18 minutes ago, dizogg said:

Didn’t realise it was a thing. Just downloaded it and had a go. Got out the cell and then shat it and went to bed. Will give it a go tomorrow when it’s light.

What he said.

played the demo last night before bed.

awesome visuals, and the controls & mechanics felt very similar to those in RE7 which is alreet in my book.

i suppose they'll be reusing a lot of the castle-related assets in the inevitable RE4 remake.

That's so village!

I didn't play VII because the PSVR made me spew and it lost something without that immersion, but I'll look forward to trying the demo of this. 

Without being crass, I've got the RFH for that presumably terrifying woman. 

1 hour ago, Marlew said:

That's so village!

I didn't play VII because the PSVR made me spew and it lost something without that immersion, but I'll look forward to trying the demo of this. 

Without being crass, I've got the RFH for that presumably terrifying woman. 

You should just play 7 out of VR. It’s still great.

PS5 demo is a bit meh. Graphics are very cross-gen, characters quite average, and some of those textures close-up are shocking. Especially the stonework in the dungeon. Scariest thing down there.

It’s been donkeys years since I’ve played a resi game, and I appreciate it’s an (underwhelming) tech demo, but is that still representative of gameplay? I.e. hunt for interactive object, collect item, hunt for next interactive object, use item you just found to unlock next object etc.?

The sound was good though.

I’m seeing the PS5 version available for pre-order at Offer Games (anyone used them before?) for £44.74, plus I can get a £2 off voucher. £42.74 is surely the best price I could get the PS5 version for, right? I thought PS5 games were all supposed to be 70 quid and shit?

9 minutes ago, jonamok said:

is that still representative of gameplay? I.e. hunt for interactive objects, collect item, hunt for next interactive object, use item you just found to unlock next one etc.?

Well yeah, inventory management and planning efficient routes through the map are a large part of the game. Obviously the demo only contained a couple of small spaces with many inaccessible areas locked behind doors, so all of the necessary “keys” and “locks” for the demo were in comparative close proximity to each other. In the actual games proper you come across inaccessible areas in one side of the map but then discover the necessary item to unlock it elsewhere, then you have to navigate back to it. It’s all quite Metroid really. I personally love that sort of gameplay loop. Gradually unpicking the map, opening up shortcuts and all that good stuff ^_^

The new trailers definitely make it look more action packed than VII, with more enemy types and weapons, so I don’t doubt there’ll  be a really great blend of stuff going on. It looks like it combines elements from 1, 4 and 7 which gives me a massive fucking staunner.

11 hours ago, DeciderVT said:

First time I've felt like I'm missing out by not having a PS5. Oh well.

Same here, aside from being a quiet PS4 Pro Pro and new Astro Bot I haven't been too fussed about getting one.

That has now changed :D

40 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

I’m seeing the PS5 version available for pre-order at Offer Games (anyone used them before?) for £44.74, plus I can get a £2 off voucher. £42.74 is surely the best price I could get the PS5 version for, right? I thought PS5 games were all supposed to be 70 quid and shit?

I seen a preorder somewhere for £39.

Will need to find it. 

29 minutes ago, Ry said:

I seen a preorder somewhere for £39.

Will need to find it. 

Ah, it's VPN fuckery. 

PS4 for less than 40 - https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/resident-evil-village-ps4-ps5-pre-order-ps4057-at-playstation-network-psn-brazil-3652962

Xbox version for £35 or £41 for the deluxe version- https://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/resident-evil-village-xbox-one-series-xs-ps3528-or-deluxe-edition-ps4198-pre-order-via-vpn-at-xbox-store-brazil-3652952

I will be hanging off, it will probably be cheaper on Eneba closer the time. 

2 hours ago, Calashnikov said:

Capcom says a “multiplatform demo” for the game will be available “this spring.”

Pretty shit of Sony to moneyhat a fucking demo. Why would they even bother?