IGNORED

(PS5) Ratchet & Clank - Rift Apart

gospvg

the early the rift switching early on

Spoiler

After the explosion, and before the separation)

is ok, but for the amount of interactivity there it might as well be a cutscene.

I’m quite glad I read the reviews and they told me this; before I bought it. Managed expectations.

Just now, footle said:

the early the rift switching early on

Reveal hidden contents

is ok, but for the amount of interactivity there it might as well be a cutscene.

I’m quite glad I read the reviews and they told me this; before I bought it. Managed expectations.

Yeah, that's definitely the most scripted one so far.

Just gave this a quick whirl during my lunch break. Playing the performance RT mode on the highest difficulty and it's just a lot of colourful fun, well-suited to the summer and a nice change of pace after the bleak Returnal. It looks stunning, it controls fast and snappy and the combat is a lot of fun. I do think Returnal set the bar high for DualSense and 3D audio implementation though. Firing weapons in this feels good but certainly not Returnal good.

14 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Just gave this a quick whirl during my lunch break. Playing the performance RT mode on the highest difficulty and it's just a lot of colourful fun, well-suited to the summer and a nice change of pace after the bleak Returnal. It looks stunning, it controls fast and snappy and the combat is a lot of fun. I do think Returnal set the bar high for DualSense and 3D audio implementation though. Furing weapons in this feels good but certainly not Returnal good.

The haptics are the only thing I'd like them to improve up a bit. Should be an easy thing to patch in, because as you say, Returnal really has set the bar for this stuff and anything less does leave you wanting.

21 minutes ago, Vemsie said:

Just gave this a quick whirl during my lunch break. Playing the performance RT mode on the highest difficulty and it's just a lot of colourful fun, well-suited to the summer and a nice change of pace after the bleak Returnal. It looks stunning, it controls fast and snappy and the combat is a lot of fun. I do think Returnal set the bar high for DualSense and 3D audio implementation though. Furing weapons in this feels good but certainly not Returnal good.

Yes, something about the 'hold R2 halfway for one thing and all the way down for the other' doesn't feel quite as satisfying as Returnal. 

Some of the haptics are quite nice (the booming as you approach Club Nefarious) but Returnal is going to be a tough one to beat as the 3D sound and Dualsense utilisation was glorious.

Manage to play this earlier today.  I only had 45 mins free but decided to cancel a meeting and do nearly 2 hours.  

This is AWESOME.  

I am totally stunned by the graphics and how fun and engaging the whole game is.

yes, it is very similar formula to previous versions but with the Rifts, story and all the triple A quality with the visuals, sound and haptics, Wow! 

A stellar experience so far.  Really impressed.  

Played the opening section. The resolution takes quite the hit on Performance RT. I'm only 2 metres from my TV and can imagine it's nicer for others. Just Performance mode looked much cleaner. Might switch to that. 

(oh and I had film grain and all that stuff off BTW) 

Still lovely looking though. Was a fun section. Looking forward to my playthrough. 

26 minutes ago, Marlew said:

Standard Xbox cunts in here on the cope. Rllmuk changed none. 

😂😂😂

Jesus Christ.

Anyway, I just watched the Digital Foundry for this and what a ridiculously good looking game. Also, amazing to see full ray tracing at 60fps. I doubt I'll play it until it's free but it's great to see what we have coming looks-wise.

That section very early where you fight for a wee bit where there is pink goo in the middle was the first part that really blew me away. 

The shit going on, speed, particles, animation, shrapnel. All at 60fps.

Amazing. And probably my first true "Next Gen" moment. 

And its only about 30 mins into the game... 

26 minutes ago, SuperCapes said:

Finding it hard to enjoy as I am in photo mode every 15 seconds... Jesus it is something else. 

Aye, I've taken a few nice shots, but have managed to rein myself in with the photo mode.

That aside, this game is just lovely, Rivet is great (would you believe that's Jenn 'Commander Shepard' Hale?), And Kit is just adorable. :wub:

There’s an additional Pulse Headphones setting in options, if anyone else owns them. Not sure what the difference is on this setting vs other cans but it’s definitely an improvement (albeit not massive) on the standard headphone setting.

14 minutes ago, KartoffelKopf said:

The first hour of this is absolutely fucking bananas. Breathless action and my eyes are actually now broken.

It is majestic like. I can’t help but feel the gameplay gets so overshadowed by the visuals, it works against it, as the feel, and everything is awesome. It’s just the visuals are such a step up over anything else!

I dunno, I love everything about it, the movement, the shooting, the stupid enemies, the daft weapons, it's all just perfect. 

But yeah, I don't think you can comprehend how insanely gorgeous and detailed the world is unless you play it. It's a technical masterpiece, truly incredible work from Insomniac.  

Not a series I've ever enjoyed and I don't find the combat much more interesting than it was, but it looks astounding. In comparison to recent PS5 patches for TLOU2 and FF7R, as well as recent experience of Demon's, Miles and Returnal, this stands out as a leap forward.

If the console comes to be defined aesthetically by 60RT modes, I'd be very happy with that level of performance. 

34 minutes ago, koefoed said:

It is really good, one I don't really agree with is the half/full trigger function on some weapons. Find that way too fiddely in the heat of battle. 

I find using left trigger for the alt fire function/aiming way more effective, instinctive, and quicker than the half press nonsense tbh. 

Heads up if your tv supports 120hz. On performance RT, it was kicking my 4k projector into 1080p/120hz mode with no HDR. To fix this, you have to go into PS5 system settings and turn off 120hz mode. Now performance RT is running on my projector in 4k/60hz with HDR on. Looks fantastic now.