Horizon Forbidden West - Grapple + Glider = Aloy 2.0

gospvg

Finally got around to finishing Frozen Wilds today after buying it in a sale ages ago. Still an absolutely incredible game to look at on PS5, just the facial features that look dated; bearded Aloy 2.0 should sort that out. 

Quite pumped for Friday after that, although it will be very strange going back to basics rather than the unstoppable death machine that I’ve been used to.

49 minutes ago, Dave White said:

good luck with the move and make sure you dont have someone like Chris Dad help you pack. He wrote odds and sods on every fucking box. Found the kettle 3 months later

:lol: I can so imagine him doing that! 

On 15/02/2022 at 15:20, Stanley said:

Fuck it I’m buying the PS4 version digitally, at least then I can play both versions anyway as I still have my PS4. 

I don’t even know why I’m buying it because this is me right now, getting ready for the move next week. 
1BB7C525-ED6A-45C8-A63F-D1484F699F22.thumb.jpeg.bc10d8cfecd9e805672a8395f97db359.jpeg

For some reason I've put myself in exactly the same position. Completion date 24th Feb. 

I never buy games at release, yet here I am buying a 100 hour game that I'll want to play while trying to sort a load of house moving stuff out.

:facepalm: 

1 minute ago, stephen129 said:

For some reason I've put myself in exactly the same position. Completion date 24th Feb. 

I never buy games at release, yet here I am buying a 100 hour game that I'll want to play while trying to sort a load of house moving stuff out.

:facepalm: 

Good luck with it, we’re moving on the exact same date! 

(sorry everyone for house talk) 

This looks amazing! Love the detail in this even has its own board game to play (if that's your thing). Those environments are stunning.

Lucky people picking it up this week looks like you are in for a fantastic experience! 

No spoilers as such in there but it does run though some of the stuff you can use etc.

48 minutes ago, Harsin said:

When do non pre-load games tend to go live. Is it midnight? Thinking of letting it DL overnight if I want any chance I’d playing it tomorrow.

I was wondering about that. 100gb download is not something I want to do during the day! 

You can't schedule downloads on the PS app can you? That would be great, but I suspect not a thing.

3 hours ago, Harsin said:

When do non pre-load games tend to go live. Is it midnight? Thinking of letting it DL overnight if I want any chance I’d playing it tomorrow.

Yup, midnight . 

I went for digital in the end as I’m firmly in the Red weather warning area tomorrow so won’t be popping to the shops. 

All 98gb downloaded today, just got to hope the power holds out…

Yes, got the PS5 edition

For the simple reason that I don’t trust Sony to fuck up the process of upgrading tomorrow. Something will go wrong or I’ll end up with 2 icons like with Death Stranding. Or my internet will die in the storm.

Gonna give this an hour or two before bed. Loved the first and its DLC.

Edit* What's this, gaining medical knowledge from a videogame. I've had tinnitus for almost 20 years and never heard of tinnitus sounds, yet the game offers to turn them off. I've never really talked to the doc about it as I was under the impression there's fuck all can be done. Mine is constant, never triggered by any sounds, gets aggravated by tiredness, mind.

Oh yeah, game looks great.

38 minutes ago, amc said:

Gonna give this an hour or two before bed. Loved the first and its DLC.

Edit* What's this, gaining medical knowledge from a videogame. I've had tinnitus for almost 20 years and never heard of tinnitus sounds, yet the game offers to turn them off. I've never really talked to the doc about it as I was under the impression there's fuck all can be done. Mine is constant, never triggered by any sounds, gets aggravated by tiredness, mind.

Oh yeah, game looks great.

I’m a professional musician, had Tinnitus for over 20years. It sucks, especially when it gets bad. It often gets worse when you notice it’s there and your focus shifts onto it. That’s why there’s an option to turn off the Tinnitus sounds in certain games. It can bring your attention to those specific frequencies and leave you focusing on them. I assume there’ll be explosions where Alloy is left with ringing in her ears for short periods, simulating Tinnitus.. There are a few games that do that and I personally hate it, as I play wearing headphones (not good for Tinnitus) so it’s great news that you can turn it off. 

There is quite a bit of stuff that can be done, depending on what is causing it. You should definitely mention it to your doctor if it’s something that bothers you. If it’s from hearing damage, definitely be careful with headphones, if you use them when gaming, especially if you play for long sessions. Over ear are the safer option.

I've just realised I have no idea if I played Frozen Wilds or not. I just can't remember at all. Surely I did as I loved the first one? 

Aah well, I'll watch a recap and see if that triggers anything before this. 

Well, that was annoying…I forgot that I had downloaded the game from the US store, so the midnight download didn’t happen. Downloading now though, so dependant on whether the storm decides to blow the roof of my house off we’ll at least get a bit of play time in today!

Played half an hour before work this morning. It’s stunning, settled on 60fps mode as it just feels, and looks, much better to my eyes. So good to be back in the world of Horizon and can’t wait to sink some serious time into this over the weekend.