IGNORED

Horizon Forbidden West - Grapple + Glider = Aloy 2.0

gospvg

45 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Did you preorder the PS4 or PS5 version? 

PS5.  I would have gone for PS4 and done the free upgrade but for me , the extra tenner is worth it for not having to stress over whether it’s all going to go swimmingly. 

23 minutes ago, PaB said:

PS5.  I would have gone for PS4 and done the free upgrade but for me , the extra tenner is worth it for not having to stress over whether it’s all going to go swimmingly. 

Yeah I think you’re right, it’s been very poorly rolled out. 

Well, despite the utter confusion of it all, the Uncharted upgrade path worked absolutely fine - you just had to wait until the actual release day to do it (and install it). It'll work out just as fine on Horizon I'm sure. 

I certainly wouldn't want to spend the extra tenner to get the same game really. 

Guiltily looks away at his games collection where he sees numerous versions of numerous games...

The PS5 version is now showing in my collection, ready to download on Friday.  This is from the PS4 version

If you goto your library on PS5, then collection and sort by Platform, it will show as the first game

10 minutes ago, MikeF said:

The PS5 version is now showing in my collection, ready to download on Friday.  This is from the PS4 version

If you goto your library on PS5, then collection and sort by Platform, it will show as the first game

When you do that and select it all it does is take you to the PS5 page to buy it for £70 even if you’ve already paid for the PS4 version.

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Yeah I think you’re right, it’s been very poorly rolled out. 

1 hour ago, JoeK said:

Well, despite the utter confusion of it all, the Uncharted upgrade path worked absolutely fine - you just had to wait until the actual release day to do it (and install it). It'll work out just as fine on Horizon I'm sure. 

I certainly wouldn't want to spend the extra tenner to get the same game really. 

Guiltily looks away at his games collection where he sees numerous versions of numerous games...

56 minutes ago, Harsin said:

When you do that and select it all it does is take you to the PS5 page to buy it for £70 even if you’ve already paid for the PS4 version.

Just to be clear I am sure this will work just like the uncharted update , which to be fair despite being unable to preload , worked absolutely fine on the day of release , I am sure horizon will be no different 

Fuck it I’m buying the PS4 version digitally, at least then I can play both versions anyway as I still have my PS4. 

I don’t even know why I’m buying it because this is me right now, getting ready for the move next week. 
1BB7C525-ED6A-45C8-A63F-D1484F699F22.thumb.jpeg.bc10d8cfecd9e805672a8395f97db359.jpeg

3 minutes ago, SpagMasterSwift said:

I've just been through that and seeing those boxes and that tape is triggering me...good luck with it all, mate!

Thanks, that pic there is just one kitchen cupboard worth :hmm:

1 hour ago, Stanley said:

Fuck it I’m buying the PS4 version digitally, at least then I can play both versions anyway as I still have my PS4. 

I'm not even here this weekend, and just bought it (and GT7). Though if it unlocked the PS5 version at midnight I could easily get a download in.

Not the forum specifically, but I'm in turns baffled, amused and annoyed by people and their expectations towards games. Particularly sequels. 

I mean, the level of entitlement is just gargantuan. It's a game, not oral sex from a deity. Jeezuz. Just give me more of the same with slightly better graphics and a few more toys to muck about with and I'm happy as a pig in dirt. 

What I wouldn't give for a new entry in the franchises I love. Some I've waited literal decades for. These clowns don't know they're born!

11 minutes ago, Treble said:

Not the forum specifically, but I'm in turns baffled, amused and annoyed by people and their expectations towards games. Particularly sequels. 

I mean, the level of expectation is just gargantuan. It's a game, not oral sex from a deity. Jeezuz. Just give me more of the same with slightly better graphics and a few more toys to muck about with and I'm happy as a pig in dirt. 

What I wouldn't give for a new entry in the franchises I love. Some I've waited literal decades for. These clowns don't know they're born!

Indeed. And as costs for games development keep spiraling and development time longer for AAA games of course they are going to take less risks so most games aren't going to deviate too much from what has worked before.

Why I look to indie titles for something more experimental however let's face it Sony did take a punt on bringing new AAA IP to the table with HZD and others. So no complaints here.

23 hours ago, Stanley said:

I don’t even know why I’m buying it because this is me right now, getting ready for the move next week. 
1BB7C525-ED6A-45C8-A63F-D1484F699F22.thumb.jpeg.bc10d8cfecd9e805672a8395f97db359.jpeg

Condolences. Not because you can't play this, but because moving is such a massive fucking pain in the dick.

Any news on an Art Of yet?

On 15/02/2022 at 14:39, Wiper said:

On a somewhat related note, the game has now indirectly furnished the world with an even funnier variant on "sharp knees", for which I will be eternally grateful: 

Image-385077.thumb.jpg.3d9e85510ee23db8fd29e7c241a7bfe0.jpg

Image-303239.thumb.jpg.d8d1634d4c06198f9dee16a9e7733199.jpg

Just masterpieces of the "tell me you've never been close to a woman without telling me you've never been close to a woman" genre.

Holy shit :lol:

But also 

Spoiler

Holy shit at how good graphics have become.

On 15/02/2022 at 15:20, Stanley said:

good luck with the move and make sure you dont have someone like Chris Dad help you pack. He wrote odds and sods on every fucking box. Found the kettle 3 months later