IGNORED

Horizon Forbidden West - Grapple + Glider = Aloy 2.0

gospvg

afbeelding.thumb.png.8a30b7536995124530325b906f999d7d.png

It's funny but both editions denote having PS4 and PS5 versions (the little icons), while the descriptor for the cheaper "PS4 version" lacks saying outright it is a PS5 title.

But then it explicitly states:

Buy the Horizon Forbidden West™ digital version for PS4™ from PlayStation™Store to get the Horizon Forbidden West digital version for PS5™ at no extra cost.

And...

If you already own the PS4 version of this game, you can get the PS5 digital version at no extra cost and you do not need to purchase this product. Owners of a PS4 disc copy must insert it into the PS5 every time they want to download or play the PS5 digital version. PS4 game disc owners who buy the PS5 Digital Edition disc-free console will not be able to get the PS5 version at no extra cost.

Feels like two sides within Sony trying to fight each other about what's the right thing to do. :D

Buy the Horizon Forbidden West™ digital version for PS4™ from PlayStation™Store to get the Horizon Forbidden West digital version for PS5™ at no extra cost.

it didn't say that yesterday :D

1 minute ago, macosx said:

That makes sense though, as a discless console can’t authenticate disc/game ownership. 

This is on their digital store - the website. You're not buying a disk.

3 minutes ago, footle said:

This is on their digital store - the website. You're not buying a disk.

Well, you are if you pick up a PS4 disc and then go upgrade digitally.

Thinking about it, I guess it's technically correct. You are buying the PS4 edition and getting a "free PS5" version. While with the PS5 (and deluxe) edition you are buying "both the PS4 and PS5 versions". It's a weird legalese contortion though.

1 hour ago, Cyhwuhx said:

Thinking about it, I guess it's technically correct. You are buying the PS4 edition and getting a "free PS5" version. While with the PS5 (and deluxe) edition you are buying "both the PS4 and PS5 versions". It's a weird legalese contortion though.

If you then click through on the PS4 button, you get no confirmation that that's what you're getting at all. It's a great system, designed to annoy people: particularly given Sony are just so keen on making PSN a consumer friendly place.

On 08/02/2022 at 16:54, Hitcher said:

Aaaaaaaand ordered. That’s now Uncharted 4 + LL, Elden Ring, GT7, Horizon FW.......and I’ve just bought a Series S and so playing FH5, Halo Infinite, Flight Sim, Banjo Nuts and Bolts and half the stuff on Gamepass. Really need to stop buying so many games and actually finish some that I’ve already got. 

has there been much discussion about how the game looks and graphical features? it was such an important part of the original that it looked better than anything else at that point. I am now worried about the cross generation nature of this. have they said much about ray-tracing etc?

On 11/02/2022 at 15:35, Vemsie said:

CGI trailer that basically confirms 

Reveal hidden contents

flying mounts

shit I clicked on the spoiler. it was a proper spoiler. I have been spoiled. 

On 11/02/2022 at 21:50, Harsin said:

Pre-loads are up. Resetera confirmed you can't pre-load the PS5 update to the PS4 version.

Does this basically mean I have to wait until release day for the PS5 version to become available?

I've currently got access to the PS4 version via pre-load.

On 12/02/2022 at 17:46, Oz said:

has there been much discussion about how the game looks and graphical features? it was such an important part of the original that it looked better than anything else at that point. I am now worried about the cross generation nature of this. have they said much about ray-tracing etc?

there’s no ray tracing.

37 minutes ago, footle said:

there’s no ray tracing.

Bummer. I remember demons souls not having ray tracing and looking cool in any case. I hope that’s true here. But really disappointed 

1 hour ago, Strafe said:

I predict 88 metascore. 

I felt the original got a massively unfair hard time by virtue of it coming out shortly after BOTW, then all of a sudden everyone wanted it to be BOTW and were sad it was not…or something. 

I think this game will likely be received better 

Just now, Kevvy Metal said:

I felt the original got a massively unfair hard time by virtue of it coming out shortly after BOTW, then all of a sudden everyone wanted it to be BOTW and we’re sad it was not…or something. 

When is Elden Ring out? Does Horizon risk being the second best open world game released that week again? :lol: 

On 07/02/2022 at 09:07, Cyhwuhx said:

afbeelding.thumb.png.8a30b7536995124530325b906f999d7d.png

It's funny but both editions denote having PS4 and PS5 versions (the little icons), while the descriptor for the cheaper "PS4 version" lacks saying outright it is a PS5 title.

But then it explicitly states:

And...

Feels like two sides within Sony trying to fight each other about what's the right thing to do. :D

Technically correct though I guess as the PS4 version isn't the PS5 version. The fact you can upgrade it for no extra cost is the bit they are not putting on the front page I guess.

It's good that they are honouring the free upgrade during the launch period is something I guess.

However really if you've already bought the game already they should give you the PS5 version for free anyway IMHO with any PS4 game you've bought already thar becomes available on PS5. Fine make you buy the PS5 version if you've never bought it. 

Anyway guess Sony will do what they need and if people pay they will take that as a sign that it's acceptable. In the grand scheme of things £10 isn't a huge amount of money. However when other companies aren't changing for upgrades to newer hardware.... 

Anyway this looks good - still working my way through Horizon Zero Dawn at the moment which I'm enjoying more than I thought I would! Looking forward to reading the feedback on this and hopefully picking it up later in the year!

5 minutes ago, Kevvy Metal said:

I felt the original got a massively unfair hard time by virtue of it coming out shortly after BOTW, then all of a sudden everyone wanted it to be BOTW and we’re sad it was not…or something. 

Yeah, it did not come off very well coming after breath of the wild and felt massively restricted as a result. It still, now, at least has an 89 open critic score.

I’m still not convinced that Zero Dawn was that special though I suppose by that metric this one will get +100 on opencritic 

14 minutes ago, Strafe said:

Yeah, it did not come off very well coming after breath of the wild and felt massively restricted as a result. It still, now, at least has an 89 open critic score.

I’m still not convinced that Zero Dawn was that special though I suppose by that metric this one will get +100 on opencritic 

:) Probably didn't pick this up because it did have a look of BoTW. BoTW is a game I never got any joy from despite trying multiple times. :) Horizon Zero Dawn however has the perfect blend of open world with story. Anyhow very different games thankfully :)

4 minutes ago, MattyP said:

:) Probably didn't pick this up because it did have a look of BoTW. BoTW is a game I never got any joy from despite trying multiple times. :) Horizon Zero Dawn however has the perfect blend of open world with story. Anyhow very different games thankfully :)

OK, I got this:

Horizon Zero Dawn, that you didn’t pick up, has the perfect blend of open world with story.