Marvel's Spider-Man: Miles Morales

4 hours ago, Thor said:

Wow, the fire truck? Good spot. See, I actually hadn't noticed that until you pointed it out. And that's the thing, if I'm not noticing it, why should I have it literally halving the performance? 

No I mean the windows of the building.

8 hours ago, Sng said:

No I mean the windows of the building.

Yeah, but if you look at one of the windows, you can see it's reflecting the ambulance*, and it's an accurate reflection.

*Christ knows why I thought that was a fire truck, it has "AMBULANCE" written on it. :facepalm:

Edit:

All incorrect, but I'll leave the post up. I fucked it.

___

Oh, I've fucked this... Or, rather, Sony has unnecessarily fucked this. 

I have PS4 Spider-Man and want to upgrade to the Remastered version.

Tough shit, because I bought the fifty quid Miles Morales having heard about the 20 quid Remaster upgrade, which I thought I'd do later. 

No. If you already own the PS4 version, you can't do that, and no I can't even buy the 70 quid version of Miles now, even if I wanted to.

This is Nintendo level obtuseness. 

2 hours ago, Marlew said:

Tough shit, because I bought the fifty quid Miles Morales having heard about the 20 quid Remaster upgrade, which I thought I'd do later. 

No. If you already own the PS4 version, you can't do that, and no I can't even buy the 70 quid version of Miles now, even if I wanted to.

Really? It asked me if I wanted to upgrade but haven't tried it, I bought the full package digitally on PS4 hence my reluctance to shell out 70 quid on the bloody thing again. 

1 hour ago, Bonzai1888 said:

Really? It asked me if I wanted to upgrade but haven't tried it, I bought the full package digitally on PS4 hence my reluctance to shell out 70 quid on the bloody thing again. 

If you buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales I believe you can upgrade and get remastered for £20, but if you buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales you get a free bump to the PS5 version but you cannot then upgrade it to Ultimate and get the remaster for £20.

4 hours ago, Marlew said:

Contact Sony, explain what you want to do, they will probably refund and remove the PS4 version licence and then allow you to buy the PS5 Ultimate Edition.

5 hours ago, Marlew said:

I guess, every now and then, a genuine concern turns into a genuine problem. 

Anyone else had the Dual Sense stop working while playing this? Had it twice now - controller stops responding and Miles just keeps walking in the way he was when it locked up. Nothing else to do but pull the plug on the console, as even plugging in a second controller does nothing.

22 minutes ago, Dirty Harry Potter said:

They are an unusual absence of impressions of this game in here.... I’m guessing more of the same (which is not bad thing).

The OG PS4 Spidey was my GOTY back in 2018. I found every collectible, earned every Trophy.

This is more of that wonderful traversal and fluid combat. The world is fantastically crafted and feels alive. The characters feel rounded and the whole package just has so much polish.

It's sheer quality.

While it's definitely a shorter game overall (I'm right at the end and have done most of the side stuff), the level design in certain areas, especially the side missions, feels more suited to actually being Spider-Man this time around. There's far more scope for crawling around like a sneaky spider. The Roxxon labs in particular are great, they're almost puzzle-like in how you work out stealthing the whole level. :)

Fucking great game. 

Credits are rolling. Pretty good boss fight at the end. I felt the story wasn't quite as good overall as the first, but this game's story was tighter. Fucking great game though, and absolutely fantastic and stunning launch title for the PS5. :)

4 hours ago, Pelekophoros said:

If you buy the PS5 version of Miles Morales I believe you can upgrade and get remastered for £20, but if you buy the PS4 version of Miles Morales you get a free bump to the PS5 version but you cannot then upgrade it to Ultimate and get the remaster for £20.

It is the PS4 one I bought (digital) and it does give me an option to upgrade, will look at in the morning again. 

Edit... Just copied this from the PlayStation blog. 

"You may have also noticed that we’re offering an Ultimate Edition of the PS5 game. This edition includes Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PS5. If you do purchase a standard edition of the game on PS4 or PS5, you can upgrade to the Ultimate Edition later for $20. If you purchased the PS4 version of the game, you will first need to upgrade to the PS5 version of the standard edition using the upgrade path set out above. Any user playing the PS5 standard edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, who doesn’t have Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, will see an option at the bottom of the main game menu to take advantage of a paid upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, which allows you to download Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered."

12 hours ago, HarryBizzle said:

I guess, every now and then, a genuine concern turns into a genuine problem. 

Edit: I am in fact stupid. Resolved. 

___

Yep, it's stupid. I didn't even particularly enjoy the original game (only played a few hours) but I nevertheless want the Remastered version to see what they've done to it. I've messaged Sony and requested a solution which I suspect will be 'Get fucked, Sir.'

Spider-Man has always come across a bell-end to me but Miles Morales seems like a great character, the gameplay feels more refined here and the opening hour has been superb blockbuster gaming. Warmly recommended for a taste of the next gen. 

7 hours ago, Bonzai1888 said:

It is the PS4 one I bought (digital) and it does give me an option to upgrade, will look at in the morning again. 

Edit... Just copied this from the PlayStation blog. 

"You may have also noticed that we’re offering an Ultimate Edition of the PS5 game. This edition includes Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered for PS5. If you do purchase a standard edition of the game on PS4 or PS5, you can upgrade to the Ultimate Edition later for $20. If you purchased the PS4 version of the game, you will first need to upgrade to the PS5 version of the standard edition using the upgrade path set out above. Any user playing the PS5 standard edition of Marvel’s Spider-Man: Miles Morales, who doesn’t have Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered, will see an option at the bottom of the main game menu to take advantage of a paid upgrade to the Ultimate Edition, which allows you to download Marvel’s Spider-Man Remastered."

Oh sweet, I may look at that at some point then as I never did all the paid DLC. Didn't think to look in the game rather than, say, the actual shop front. 

EDIT: Once you select your savegame but before you start playing, it's an option at the bottom - R1 to upgrade.

That is quite hidden. 

1 hour ago, Marlew said:

Yep, it's stupid. I didn't even particularly enjoy the original game (only played a few hours) but I nevertheless want the Remastered version to see what they've done to it. I've messaged Sony and requested a solution which I suspect will be 'Get fucked, Sir.'

So am I right in thinking you can’t buy the PS5 ultimate version because you already own the PS4 digital version?

I’m not suggesting you spend another £70, but the physical should work in that case.

38 minutes ago, HarryBizzle said:

So am I right in thinking you can’t buy the PS5 ultimate version because you already own the PS4 digital version?

I’m not suggesting you spend another £70, but the physical should work in that case.

Edit: A load of absolute bollocks below. My mistake. 

___

It's because I've ordered the Standard Digital Edition of Miles Morales, in fact.

I can't pay the £20 upgrade to the MM Ultimate Edition (because I own the PS4 game already, no idea why this precludes me) and I can't even just spend another £70 on the Ultimate because you can't own both versions. Absurd. I went for the digital console because I can't be arsed with discs and I've got 250+ digital games on my account, so no disc option, I'm afraid. 

I could ask for a refund and then buy the Ultimate, but I've only heard shit things about Sony's customer service in this area. I wouldn't be surprised if they refunded it and then banned my account.

If they don't come up with a solution, I'll likely buy the Ultimate Edition on my US account when a sale comes around. I'm not desperate to play it, and it is undoubtedly my fault for not reading the small print, but it is Thick As Pigshit Delivery. 

Just now, Marlew said:

It's because I've ordered the Standard Digital Edition of Miles Morales, in fact. I've since learned that it doesn't matter which version of the original game you have.

Anyway, I can't pay the £20 upgrade to the MM Ultimate Edition (because I own the PS4 game already, no idea why this preludes me) and I can't even just buy the Ultimate to get the Remaster because you can't own both versions. Absurd. I went for the digital console because I can't be arsed with discs and I've got 250+ digital games on my account. 

I could ask for a refund and then buy the Ultimate, but I've only heard shit things about Sony's customer service in this area. I wouldn't be surprised if they refunded it and then banned my account.

If they don't come up with a solution, I'll likely buy the Ultimate Edition on my US account when a sale comes around. I'm not desperate to play it, and it is undoubtedly my fault for not reading the small print, but it is Thick As Pigshit Delivery. 

Assuming you have bought the standard edition of Miles Morales on PS4 and have loaded up the PS5 version, you can buy the uogradr. I thought the same as you, but we are/were not correct.

1) load game

2) press x

3) select savegame

4) you should now be at the point where you have some menu options.

5) bottom right of the screen are three things you can do. One of those is upgrade.

I’ll be interested to see what their support says. Vinny on the Giant Beastcast said he called their US support and just got a message saying “we’re not taking calls right now” before it hanging up. They didn’t even bother signposting him to any online support or email or anything, so you could be waiting a long while. I expect the UK support is busy dealing with bricked consoles and people wanting to know why their console keeps freaking out and doing weird things.

@Pelekophoros No, I bought the Standard Edition on PS5, but I'll give that'll a try, anyway. Thanks. 

And yeah @HarryBizzle, I'm in no great rush, but I don't expect they'll say anything besides 'read the small print in future'. Seems I'm lucky to have a patented whisper quiet console and no hardware or OS issues at all, so I'll just enjoy what I've got. It is a very particular kind of obtuse stupidity which gets on my tits, though. 

18 minutes ago, Pelekophoros said:

Assuming you have bought the standard edition of Miles Morales on PS4 and have loaded up the PS5 version, you can buy the uogradr. I thought the same as you, but we are/were not correct.

1) load game

2) press x

3) select savegame

4) you should now be at the point where you have some menu options.

5) bottom right of the screen are three things you can do. One of those is upgrade.

Uhhh...yeah.

I'll leave my protracted pissing and moaning posts up as a lesson to myself, but yeah, I just did this and it works.

I'm not making excuses here but last night I had two bottles of Chardonnay and fourteen pint cans of Tennents. 

Finished it for a first playthrough last night. It's a good game! A much shorter length, and much less time chasing pigeons. Miles is a good character, the supporting cast are pretty decent, you get the proper highs and lows you want from a Spider-Man story.

The new venom and invisibility powers are quite useful - the bad guys ramp up to original game DLC-ish difficulties (or at least late game Demon scale) quite quickly, and the new skills make dealing with them easier. And the length is much briefer, which actually works better - you're left wanting more, not being grateful you've finally gotten to the end.

I will do a NG+ run for sure.

I really like the original, but I prefer this one so far. Mainly because it's more condensed, the optional stuff is better and Miles has better powers with the Venom attacks and camo, the latter making stealth a lot more fun.

Oh, and the wintery setting is really nice.