Demon's Souls Remake - PS5 launch game (also coming to PC)

Jamie John

As I said in the other thread, pretty sure that footnote on the trailer is a mistake and it is a PS5 exclusive.

Coming to PC? I could maybe buy that, although it would make more sense to leave it at least 6 months or so. Other consoles? Nope.

1 minute ago, Ferine said:

As I said in the other thread, pretty sure that footnote on the trailer is a mistake and it is a PS5 exclusive.

Coming to PC? I could maybe buy that, although it would make more sense to leave it at least 6 months or so. Other consoles? Nope.

PS now eventually getting PS5 games?

13 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

If that's a mistake at the end of the trailer it's a pretty fucking huge one that got by several people.

Some marketing guy is no doubt/hopefully getting a bollocking. Or maybe they just couldn't get the info into the video in time and it was literally just confirmed in the last day or so.

18 minutes ago, Ferine said:

honestly, that isn’t the kind of mistake that gets through into a marketing video for a console launch. How many people do you think would have questioned the precise wording there?!

4 minutes ago, footle said:

honestly, that isn’t the kind of mistake that gets through into a marketing video for a console launch. How many people do you think would have questioned the precise wording there?!

We're talking about a company that will refuse to accept your store page promo videos for not having the Sony mnemonic at the right point in your video. There is close to zero chance of that being a mistake.

12 minutes ago, footle said:

It's the kind of mistake that shouldn't get through, but hey, we're in a weird situation where everyone's working from home.

To me it just seems off in comparison to the other trailers, with no matching asterisk and divergent wording. Obviously I might be wrong, but I'd seek clarification before shouting anything from the rooftops.

I'm going to be jealous of those that get this on PS5 and get to play it. It's going to be difficult but if it's true, then I'm waiting for the PC release. I don't see anything much else on the PS5 that's grabbing me so I'll be picking up an XBox

The fog doors are too quick, that is all :) 

I've never played Demons Souls. I've played Dark Souls 3 and Bloodborne, which were excellent but always got to a point where I just got fed up of the tense, oppressive atmosphere. I went back to BB several times and did end up finishing it but DS3 is just sitting in the shadows at night, giggling at me and scraping its nails down the wall.

So with that in mind and me fully intending to pre-order a full fat PS5 tomorrow (Spiderman MM and DMC5 SE alone are good enough for me to get involved), what can I expect from Demons Souls? It looks absolutely stunning, but if its more of that 'fuck you your dead don't come back' gameplay I worry it will be wasted on me :(

Demon's is basically proto Dark Souls, with the main difference being the lack of an open world. If you really didn't get on with DS3 or Bloodborne then you probably won't enjoy this either, but then these are the sort of games you can bounce off a few times before, well, you don't. :D

@MardiganX it's a tough question to answer tbh.

Yes it is fundamentally the same. A lot of the ideas that were first seen in Demon's carried through to and were repeated in Dark and even Bloodborne. 

But in opposition to that, it's a bit easier, way more janky, but also kinda quirky and its own thing. It's truly 'odd" and atmospheric in a way the other games aren't, imo. 

Of course, all of this is up in the air because we don't know how much they've changed from a gameplay perspective for this remake. Demon's feels very old, clunky and basic compared to the more modern Fromsoft games.