Jump to content

PS5 Hardware - The Poll We've All Been Waiting For


HarryBizzle
 Share

PS5 Hardware Poll  

427 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Recommended Posts

It looks like something you'd put essential oils in - too many curves and vents, which is understandable considering that it's attempting to cool modern PC gubbins these days. I'll wait for a second revision.

 

Spoiler

Admittedly, I don't think I'm part of the target audience any more, and was probably going to wait for a second revision regardless because that's when it will be cheaper and have enough games that I care about.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Jamie John said:

What would you have preferred, though - just another black rectangular box?

 

That would be fine, yes. I've not actively disliked the appearance of any console in the last 20+ years except the original DS.

 

The original PS4 looked great when it launched - not just a dull box, but not out there enough to age poorly. The One X is pretty safe, but looks nice enough. I don't think I'd want this thing in my living room.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, HarryBizzle said:

 

That would be fine, yes. I've not actively disliked the appearance of any console in the last 20+ years except the original DS.

 

The original PS4 looked great when it launched - not just a dull box, but not out there enough to age poorly. The One X is pretty safe, but looks nice enough. I don't think I'd want this thing in my living room.

 

If anything, it reminds me of the original white 360 design.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jamie John said:

What would you have preferred, though - just another black rectangular box?


yes. The fewer lights and random gamer leds so that I can just migrate it under the TV without anyone noticing the better.

My PS4 currently has a UHD Blu-ray player sitting on top of it, because it’s not stupidly curved.

 

The series X will have to sit on the floor behind a subwoofer, but will then be hidden away.

This I’m really not sure where the hell I put it. On the floor under the unit entirely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I'm almost looking forward to watching one of those videos where someone takes it apart, plug ifixits spudgers and then explains how the cooling system works. MS have gone down the route of using a fan the size of your head but unless the PS5 is comically massive Sony have obviously gone a different route. 

 

 

It's a shocking looking console though. Just not sure if I'd call it nice once the shock is gone. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 minutes ago, bear said:

I'm almost looking forward to watching one of those videos where someone takes it apart, plug ifixits spudgers and then explains how the cooling system works. MS have gone down the route of using a fan the size of your head but unless the PS5 is comically massive Sony have obviously gone a different route. 

 

 

It's a shocking looking console though. Just not sure if I'd call it nice once the shock is gone. 


I imagine Sony have done a big fan that’s oriented flat in the console, like in the PS3. Huge thing, drawing in air all the way around one side and expelling it all the way around the other.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.