WRC 9 Game thread. || Codemasters secure WRC license from 2023

16 hours ago, deerokus said:

Worth noting the December update is next month if you're on ps5/XS. 

I wonder if this will bring 120fps mode to PS5 (as it wasn't mentioned in the update 'trailer')?

Just to add that this has been my 'go to' PS5 game for post Demon's Souls relief.  I've done a couple of seasons in career mode but to be honest I am mostly interested in the racing so am switching to the simpler 'just race' mode and the challenges.  The PS5 pad really does shine when the car is banged up and the throttle becomes hard to feather - even a set of pedals can't offer that extra 'challenge'.

I’m 

1 hour ago, SnoopZakaDaVe said:

Nice, did you get it sorted alright?

Had a couple offers, cheapest is £18 which is good but I’m still like, it converts to under a tenner UK so hope it’s less than that. How much did you pay?

On 09/12/2020 at 09:51, deerokus said:

They're making a new Test Drive Unlimited and they own the V-Rally brand. Plenty of games to come from this team I expect. 

And MS buying them would kill TDU dead so I really hope that doesn't happen.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Marlew said:

For info, the update this week has added 120fps mode. Looks good, plays very well. 

The December update completely ruined the game for me.

Balanced mode no has framepacing and tearing issues on the Series X more or less every corner while before it was rock solid 99.9% stable 60fps. 

So if you cannot play in 120fps I would strongly advise against updating this game.

Quality Mode is 30fps so I would also recommend against playing it, unless you just want to take some pretty screenshots.

Hope this will be fixed. It now plays like Dirt 5 which is also completely ruined for me by frame pacing issues and constant framerate drops.

This is excellent on PC.  Finally caved and bought it using an Epic store £10 voucher, despite the fact it doesn't have VR.

Had a play with the FOV settings and I've found a decent one for the dashcam.  It's a real improvement over the last game handling wise, especially now I've got the FFB set up to my liking.  Stages are excellent, best in any rally game by quite some margin.

I picked it up when I got my Series S, and I'm loving it. Not being a hardcore sim racer, I enjoyed Dirt Rally but was never much good at it. This is more suited to my abilities, and the career mode structure keeps things interesting with plenty of events.

Not too sure about the extremely shiny wet roads, though. Some of the extreme weather events are like racing on a mirror.

2 hours ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

The December update completely ruined the game for me.

Balanced mode no has framepacing and tearing issues on the Series X more or less every corner while before it was rock solid 99.9% stable 60fps. 

Hopefully they’ll patch it sharpish, I haven’t really noticed any frame issues on PS5, maybe the odd screen tear but very minimal. They seem to have sorted the DualSense not activating for a corner or two on a restart too which is great.

1 hour ago, Fry Crayola said:

Not too sure about the extremely shiny wet roads, though. Some of the extreme weather events are like racing on a mirror.

I had the same problem. I've switched back to bonnet cam and turning the headlights on in the extreme weather conditions makes the road surface a lot easier to see. 

1 hour ago, scoobysi said:

Hopefully they’ll patch it sharpish, I haven’t really noticed any frame issues on PS5, maybe the odd screen tear but very minimal. They seem to have sorted the DualSense not activating for a corner or two on a restart too which is great.

PS5 has the same issues. If you don’t see it you are likely not paying enough attention. 

10 minutes ago, Fargo said:

I was thinking of picking this up on series x but might hold off and get it once I can get my hands on a PS5. Are the haptics worth the wait ? 

Yeah they are really nice. Great game as well. Big Colin McRae vibes which is something Dirt has never had. 

42 minutes ago, MNFRMTMRRW said:

PS5 has the same issues. If you don’t see it you are likely not paying enough attention. 

I’m playing on PS5 and there doesn’t seem to be any real difference post update. Very rarely there is some screen tearing which only happens on certain tracks, with certain lighting conditions, on certain corners but that has always been the case. Maybe it’s more prevalent on Xbox, same as some of the other multi format games?

• 1 month later...

There’s just over a day to go in this event, which is the start of the esports series. Includes an epic 21KM stage, with my 1st attempt ending a couple of hundred yards from the end with a car failure!

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone fancy some friendly leaderboard action over the weekend, the 2nd esports event - Sweden is open now, should be on PS, XBOX and PC.

You can have 5 ranked attempts or as many (I think) warm-up attempts as you like.

My first ranked attempt is a 11’16”166 (3’20”588/7’55”578) on PS5, a scrappy first stage and the 2nd inc a roll incurring a 5 sec penalty too.

Post times and let me know if warm-up or ranked, ranked is what counts :D

Subsequent warm-up run was approx. 11’05 (3’08/7’57), a good first stage but another messy 2nd stage with a spin this time.

16 hours ago, scoobysi said:

Anyone fancy some friendly leaderboard action over the weekend, the 2nd esports event - Sweden is open now, should be on PS, XBOX and PC.

Defo up for this!  I'll set a time a bit later...

1 hour ago, SharkyOB said:

Bloody hell, that is a lot of fun :wub:

Chipping in with a ranked time of 11'10"139.  A couple of little errors, but nothing major and I was probably a little too cautious in places. 

Ha ha yeah I love the flat out section in the 2nd stage especially. Ranked puts the pressure on a bit so it’s hard not to be more cautious.

Sweden  (Torsby Reverse/Knon)

Ranked
1. SharkyOB  11'10"139  PC

2. scoobysi   11’16”166  PS5

Definitely my best second stage so far (7’40”680), got away with it least 3 times though and there’s a left near the end that nearly always catches me out as the call feels a little off for me so I tend to take it too fast.

Sweden  (Torsby Reverse/Knon) 

Ranked
1. scoobysi    10’50”207 PS5

2. SharkyOB  11'10"139  PC

Anyone else up for a go?

@CrichStand @MNFRMTMRRW @ryodi @MagicalDrop @deerokus @Marlew @StephenM @MikeF @Sexton Hardcastle @Uncle Mike @Dudley

23 minutes ago, scoobysi said:

Definitely my best second stage so far (7’40”680), got away with it least 3 times though and there’s a left near then end that nearly always catches me out as the call feels a little off for me so I tend to take it too fast.

Sweden  (Torsby Reverse/Knon) 

Ranked
1. scoobysi    10’50”207 PS5

2. SharkyOB  11'10"139  PC

Anyone else up for a go?

@CrichStand @MNFRMTMRRW @ryodi @MagicalDrop @deerokus @Marlew @StephenM @MikeF @Sexton Hardcastle @Uncle Mike @Dudley

Well, I played this for about two hours and absolutely suck at it, but will give it a bash!

spatular 11’11”202 ps5

edit, had another go, rolled it on the very last corner, slow recovery but no time penalty:

spatular 11’08”576 PS5

edit 2:

spatular 11’03”819 PS5

will try and have another go tomorrow, 2 goes left, hopefully can get under 11mins.