Sega Announce Game Gear Micro & Fog Gaming!?!?!?!

39 minutes ago, Popo said:

So when they said "Big Sega news"... :lol:

This must be from a parallel universe where The Fast Show did comedy Japanese adverts rather than Chanel 9. It even has the funny random English words!

3 minutes ago, Steven said:

Who is honestly going to buy this to actually play the thing for more than a minute?

Im genuinely tempted. The GBA Micro was amazing. I might have to put me readers on nowadays but i think i can do it.

1 minute ago, JohnC said:

They better have a really short battery life for authenticity. 

6 hours on 2 AAA batteries.

I guess they needed to get back in to AAA games publishing somehow.

10 minutes ago, DumbMagician said:

Im genuinely tempted. The GBA Micro was amazing. I might have to put me readers on nowadays but i think i can do it.

This scientist raises doubts.

Hopefully there's a bigger version planned for the west, assuming it's even coming here at all. Like how the Mega Drive Mini came with the dinky 6 button pads with in Japan rather than the much more larger, comfortable US/EU versions.

Ccn6bYGUUAYB-Nq.jpg

Well I think it’s cool. Totally want one. 

the master system version of sonic is the best sonic game (mania comes a close second). First game I ever completed. 

play through it every year or so. 

The game gear port is great (but cuts the screen size). To have it in my pocket?  Yes please! 

This could end up being the most expensive console of all-time given the amount of people who will need laser eye surgery in order to see the bloody things properly.

(And yeah, even though my head says that, my heart is yelling BUY ONE BUY ONE BUY ONE).

3 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Genuine question, not trolling around: from what I remember in my neck of the woods, the Game Gear wasn't popular at all. It was all about the Game Boy. Was this different in the UK and the USA? In other words, is there any significant nostalgia for this product that relies completely on nostalgia? 

I used my game gear loads though probably not as much as my gameboy, there was a shop near me that did import games for it so had quite a lot of US versions.  I did use it 100% on mains though.

4 games per release is a joke, screen size is way too small.

Waste, no-one is buying that at £50 per model.

1 minute ago, gospvg said:

4 games per release is a joke, screen size is way too small.

Waste, no-one is buying that at £50 per model.

:bye:

On 01/06/2020 at 20:09, RubberJohnny said:

Honestly the funniest responses ITT are the ones who think that Sega were a "more respected brand in 2002", as if launching anything off the back to back failures in the Saturn and the Dreamcast wouldn't be treated like a joke.

At least nowadays they're not fucking up five times every hour.

^^ This aged well.

Time for my joke again.

How many Sega employees does it take to change a light bulb?

All of them. One to accidentally pull down the light fitting and set the room on fire, the rest to evacuate the building.

44 minutes ago, StumpyJohn said:

I used my game gear loads though probably not as much as my gameboy, there was a shop near me that did import games for it so had quite a lot of US versions.  I did use it 100% on mains though.

I used to play on mains most of the time but took it to school a couple of times. The batteries didn't last long enough for word to get around and have everyone be really impressed by how cool I was, unfortunately. Everyone in my house played Columns on it and I got a fair amount of time out of Fantasy Zone, but most of the games I played were pretty crap. 

I borrowed a Master Gear Converter from a friend and I think that would seal the deal on one of these Micros. A few more games by way of attaching something the size of a house brick to the back of the system would be perfect.