rllmuk

“Relaxing”, “comfort” gaming :lol:

The best thing for such games is good breathing technique, making sure to inhale and exhale deeply.

Great thread.

6 hours ago, Tomcat said:

I'm only playing relaxing games at the moment.

Tend to start off by playing though either of Kung Fu Master or Golden Axe.

After that, I have my hour on Animal Crossing.

Then I usually play some of:

GTA V - just causing mayhem.

Dynasty Warrior.

Pilot wings 64.

Theme Park.

Tinkering with RPG Maker Projects.

Forza Horizon (any of them)

Interesting list. Can imagine Pilot Wings 64 being incredibly relaxing.

• Upvote 1

After finishing FF7R I’m floating between relaxing, serene island innocence in Animal Crossing and TAKE IT YOU BASTARD thug juggling in Streets of Rage 4.

Think it’s time for that Last of Us replay now though. 

• Upvote 1

Finding it hard to focus on just one game but I recently replayed the last of us and the DLC.

Also recently finished Dark Souls 2 and loved it. 

Other games I’ve been playing during lockdown include Forza 6, Sekiro, Control, RE3, FF7R, Dirt Rally 2, BOTW, Skyrim. 

I can find it quite frustrating jumping between multiple games so I’m going to try and just focus on control and maybe Skyrim until the last of us 2 is out. 

HAve finished Ori 2 and Streets of Rage 4 whilst on this lock down business, the only other game I have finished this year was Tokyo Mirage #FE, I can't wait for Xenoblade at the end of the month, everything else I pick up to start, I just loose interest in, there are hundreds of games in my pile of shame, none of which I even want to mess with, my day's have been spent playing Tetris 99 and fucking Candy Crush Soda Saga... with a little Pokemon Go thrown in for good measure... wtf has happened to me? :(

Animal Crossing is the ultimate comforting game right now. 

Other than that I'm playing FIFA 20 and Halo online a lot. Not as comforting - in fact quite infuriating- but I'm in it more for the catch up chats with my brother or small group of friends. 

Feeling very similar to you I think, @Stanshall and looking to my gaming as an antidote for the world itself right now.  I never usually have time to commit to single player gaming but lockdown afforded me that opportunity.  

I wasn’t planning on buying Animal Crossing but I was there at midnight to download.  It was perfect.  I’ve not spent as much time on it lately though as I got stuck into some hefty games.

Played through FF7R, but thinking of going back for the post game stuff soon.  Dabbled in some other bits, then started FFXV from scratch after a loooong hiatus.  That game isn’t perfect at all but I absolutely loved it in the end, and I keep going back to finish off bits and pieces.  I love the main characters.  Hell, I even levelled fishing to L10!  Think I’m nearing 50 hours :D  And once I’ve done as much as I want to do, I’ll finish the main story again.

Trying to decide what’s next, and I’ve downloaded RDR2 off Game Pass on recommendations.  Won’t jump on just yet though as I bought Battlefield V in the sale so have been doing the War Stories and multiplayer.  It’s intense, not exactly relaxing, but bloody epic all the same, and it rewards the intensity with some really awesome story pieces (and the music... :wub: it’s a long way to Tipperary...)

I fired up FFXIII in a wave of nostalgia and forgot how cripplingly dull the first chapter is.  Gonna be a bit of a slog if I want to persevere.

Fancy finishing Rise of the Tomb Raider, and Uncharted 4.  Dunno what to do first.  Probably Uncharted, I bloody love those.

And then there’s the online stuff with pals.  Warzone still a firm favourite :D fancying Siege again too...! 

• Upvote 1
13 hours ago, joemul said:

I played Horizon: Zero Dawn but I think it was the wrong time for me as I found it a chore after a while. Every mission involved a track through a lovely but ultimately lifeless world. 

Recently bought Lonely Mountain: Downhill & The Golf Club 2019 and they seem perfect to just pick up for an hour or two. 

restarted The Last Of Us for some narrative led escapism. 

HZD is a big dull dud. 

• Upvote 1

Can't really focus on games (or much else at the moment) so when I do get the urge, flitting between retro stuff is pretty much all I can be bothered with. Lately that's been F-Zero X, KoF 95 and tonight I had the urge to play a 'proper' game of Missile Command. Dug out my Nyko trackball and PlayStation copy of Atari Anniversary Edition and scratched that itch, albeit not as satisfyingly as I had hoped thanks to the Nyko being a bit naff.

I've been playing a lot of F1 2019.

For me it's the ultimate switch off material, get on track focus entirely on the apex, nail the sectors, learn the track inside out then partake in a lovely full length race.

Perfect.

• Upvote 2

Got a few things going at the moment as they are all nice and comforting to play

PS4

Diablo 3 - Played this to death on my Mac a few years back but never got the Necromancer expansion so grabbed the ultimate evil edition on PS4 when it was on sale and it is just great to sit down and chill with. Levelling a Necromancer through the campaign on Expert gives me quick enough levelling without too much challenge, nice and relaxing.

Tales of Vesperia  - Bright and breezy JRPG with a protaganist who isn't an edgy, angsty cock womble. And a supporting cast who are likeable as well. And a dog with a pipe.

428 Shibuya scramble - Bonkers visual novel using real actors for the visuals. Unique and interesting. Some slices of it are pretty dark, other bits are genuinely funny.

2DS

Picross - Easy to get lost for an hour or two working through these, along with Picross 3D too. Good way to tune out

Etrian Odyssey - dungeon crawling and making your own map. Completely engrossing and challenging.

• Upvote 1

Been playing through (and really enjoying) Jak and Daxter on the PS4. For a nearly 20 year old game it still holds up well today and is a relatively easygoing jaunt with a few mild challenges here and there.

Onto Jak 2 next which I remember being a good but sometimes fustrating experience!

14 minutes ago, Jg15 said:

Been playing through (and really enjoying) Jak and Daxter on the PS4. For a nearly 20 year old game it still holds up well today and is a relatively easygoing jaunt with a few mild challenges here and there.

Onto Jak 2 next which I remember being a good but sometimes fustrating experience!

I've just installed this on the Vita to give it a go. Not played it since the PS2 release

13 hours ago, Sarlaccfood said:

After finishing FF7R I’m floating between relaxing, serene island innocence in Animal Crossing and TAKE IT YOU BASTARD thug juggling in Streets of Rage 4.

Think it’s time for that Last of Us replay now though. 

"Thuggling"

• Upvote 4
14 hours ago, Meat said:

Interesting list. Can imagine Pilot Wings 64 being incredibly relaxing.

It is, especially the birdman mode.  Can't believe this never came to the VC.

50 minutes ago, Vorgot said:

I've just installed this on the Vita to give it a go. Not played it since the PS2 release

Funnily enough I am playing the Sly games on Vita at the moment. Excellent games that managed to pass me by on the PS2 but perfect on handheld. I also have the Ratchet collection on Vita to start at some point.

I would imagine Jak would also work well on Vita. Only picked up the entire collection on PS4 becuase it was £11 on the store.

Anyway, these PS2 era Sony Platformers are perfect comfort gaming at the moment, take me back to a time when I had a lot less stress than I do now!

• Upvote 2

I've gone through NG+ on Bloodborne until I hit a wall (again) at OoK. So I ended up doing a full playthrough (and finishing for the first time) of Demon's Souls

Picked up Civ 6 Gathering Storm DLC cheap at the weekend so I'll be starting that soon

I have finished some more compact games that I have been looking forward to but I fancied another go at MGS5 after boucing off it a few years back despite loving the series.  It has well and truely got its claws into me this time.   It is incredible.

• Upvote 1

Every time I bang on steam, to get stuck into something meaty, I end up playing pinball fx 3. I have about 20 tables and generally only play the Jurassic Park ones.

• Upvote 2

I'm currently playing:-

Konami Picross on Android - about 65% done

Bloodborne - started a new character after stalling in the woods - beat FG, CB, BSB and VA this morning so pretty much caught back up.

Demon's Souls - spurred on by @robdood's videos, I had to get the PS3 out of the attic.

This is a great idea for a thread.

• Upvote 1