rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Mogster

Star Trek: Strange New Worlds

In the least surprising news ever, the Captain Pike pre-TOS Enterprise show is happening:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/star-trek-pike-spock-series-set-at-cbs-all-access-1294704

CBS All Access is firing up the USS Enterprise.

The streamer has handed out a straight-to-series order for Star Trek: Discovery spinoff Star Trek: Strange New Worlds. The drama will see Anson Mount, Ethan Peck and Rebecca Romijn reprise their respective Discovery roles as Capt. Christopher Pike, Spock and Number One as the series explores the years the former manned the helm of the Enterprise. The show follows the trio in the decade before Capt. Kirk boarded the Enterprise as they explore new worlds around the galaxy.

Well, I'm not getting my hopes up after Discovery and Picard, but at least this should make for a more traditional Star Trek show. I'm keeping an open mi...

Alex Kurtzman will oversee the drama

Oh. Never mind.

• Upvote 9
  • Empathy 2

You remember them saying they wanted to learn from the mistakes of the Berman Braga era where people got trek fatigue because there was tng, ds9, Voyager, enterprise and the tng movies all going on pretty much at once?

You remember also how all those were good shows? 

Sigh. How much is the trek franchise worth and can we sort a crowd funder for Seth McFarlane to be able to afford to buy it.

• Upvote 2

Don't worry. It'll fucking dope in the 3rd season.

I'm as hyped as Gujarati, or whatever her name was when she got the magic wand. 

So hyped. 

received_270189057460246.jpeg

2 hours ago, Mogster said:

Alex Kurtzman

data-star-trek-smile.gif.8b897cc6aa545a2ff414c28d7e52513a.gif

that's how i found the news on twitter

I was sitting there, scrolling away, something caught my eye

"alex kurtzman, why do I know that..?"

Merde.

1 hour ago, knightbeat said:

Actors promote new show

Rebecca Romijn promising to deliver a golden number one sounds about right. 

I don’t want to sound like an entitled internet man-baby but fuck Star Trek right now. They need to just not. 

1 hour ago, Popo said:

Rebecca Romijn promising to deliver a golden number one sounds about right. 

I don’t want to sound like an entitled internet man-baby but fuck Star Trek right now. They need to just not. 

Are you on Twitter? If so don't go checking out threads about the new show. My God it's a shit storm of Kurtzman fans getting on their high horses about anyone who thinks the new shows are shit being toxic gatekeepers.

If they resist the urge to do galaxy-saving plots, it'll have a chance at being decent.

So it won't be.

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Meh said:

If they resist the urge to do galaxy-saving plots, it'll have a chance at being decent.

So it won't be.

But how else will they overcome the AI that wants to destroy humanity? 

How long do you think it'll be before they introduce some form of precursor race who threaten to destroy all life in the universe:

1. Six episodes
  2. Sixteen minutes into episode two
  3. The first six seconds of the pilot
  • Upvote 1

I... I can't do it. I really can't. I'll wait and see if you guys think it's great before watching it.

How long until Burnham appears on the bridge and takes over the ship?

9 hours ago, Festoon said:

Dunno man. Love me some Anson Mount.

As do I, which makes it all the more irritating that he’s being wasted on this. 

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Mogster said:

Alex Kurtzman will oversee the drama

His career success continues to baffle me. He has such a mediocre body of work, yet he's given the keys to Star Trek over and over again. 

Either way, I hope Frakes will direct a few episodes.

The stories had better be top notch if they're going to be hanging it around Spock. I can't take another duff tale like the Picard one.

This Reddit thread title really rammed it home, this series is going to be playing around with a very well established character. 

Screenshot_20200522_190321.jpg

22 minutes ago, Barnard said:

This Reddit thread title really rammed it home, this series is going to be ruining another very well established character. 

Screenshot_20200522_190321.jpg

FTFY

• Empathy 1