IGNORED

Superman and Lois (2021)

JohnC

7 minutes ago, iknowgungfu said:

Are they good? I can’t imagine this being good but then I am tainted by Dean Cain and Teri Hatcher. 

They're brilliant - the show had a few misteps, but general season 1 was incredible "consistent"/good without being amazing. Avoided most of the arrowverse problems too

• 2 weeks later...

This was great wasn't it.

I had watched Arrow, Flash, Supergirl and Legend for years, since all the episode 1's but got so fed up with them all I finally bailed after the "Infinite Earth" crossover as that was a good place to bail.

I kept up with Legends only as it so far removed from the rest it still worked as standalone. 

Enjoyed Superman's odd appearance in amongst that lot but never bothered with the series when it came out but watched this one tonight and it was great, so far from the "CW" that I remember and my kids really enjoyed it too.

Grabbed the rest from iPlayer and looking forward to catching up.

• 4 weeks later...

Didn't think much to the first episode of season 2, the teen stuff is really overpowering now, but I'll be back next week out for a reveal from that last scene. 

And while we're on the subject of Superman, I thought that Naomi was a really long and massively dull start to a brand-new series. I'm glad there are no plans for it to crossover over with other series in the DC tv universe, I wasn't shocked to see Bendis's name coming up during the end credits. 

My spoiler thoughts for that last scene.

Spoiler

The entire thing (Even when the earthquakes first happened) and especially that last bit had my brain going "It's Doomsday"

I suppose I should watch season 1 now.

Also I thought Naomi was excellent but I've read the comic and really like the character to start with (I've started a thread). I agree the episode would probably feel a bit slow to people but I kinda know what's coming so for me it was pretty cool.

10 minutes ago, Flub said:

My spoiler thoughts for that last scene.

Hide contents

The entire thing (Even when the earthquakes first happened) and especially that last bit had my brain going "It's Doomsday"

I suppose I should watch season 1 now.

Also I thought Naomi was excellent but I've read the comic and really like the character to start with (I've started a thread). I agree the episode would probably feel a bit slow to people but I kinda know what's coming so for me it was pretty cool.

See I had the same thought with your spoiler given the lead up to it. 

But I just feel it's way too early for it to be true, well unless it's not moving past season 2. 

44 minutes ago, Arn X Treme said:

See I had the same thought with your spoiler given the lead up to it. 

But I just feel it's way too early for it to be true, well unless it's not moving past season 2. 

Yeah. He'd have to be very different from the comics version but maybe that's to their advantage. The original 6 issues wasn't actually that good (I enjoyed the rest though)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...