Everything Everything

Colonel Panic

New album from Everything Everything in August called Re-Animator. I've seen a few people cite A Fever Dream in album list threads so I know there's a few fans here.

I was due to see them support Foals last week in London but that's been postponed until May 2021. They're my favourite "new" band and the new track seems good, but I'm not blown away by it.

• 4 months later...

Yeah, it's really good. The opening two tracks (Lost Power & Big Climb) in particular are excellent.

I've been a fan since the first album. The last 3 have been really strong records. I went to the VR gig last week which was weird and pretty neat, but I can't wait to see them next year if the COVID thing calms down.

• 1 year later...

There's a distinct lack of Everything Everything chat in here, which is unfortunate. :( They're definitely my second favourite band at this point (after Radiohead), and their latest album is shaping up to be a total banger.

I'm off to see them tonight here in Bristol. Has anyone been listening to their latest material?

I really cannot stand this band, i hate them more than is reasonable. Absolute aural vomit. I wish they didn't exist, i can't tolerate them existing. But i have respect for people liking stuff, it's obviously a good thing people get enjoyment out of stuff that's so contemptible.

I really think if you left me in a locked room with their music playing non stop for 24 hours and i was given a blade to tempt me i'd just slit my wrists.

• 1 month later...

The new album, Raw Data Feel, was out last Friday and it's a banger of a record.

My 5 fave tracks from it so far:

I Want A Love Like This

Metroland Is Burning

Shark Week

Cut UP! (this is fucking amazing)

Software Greatman

Has anyone else here listened to it yet?

15 hours ago, Colonel Panic said:

It’s fucking brilliant! Cut UP! is just such a great track. 

Can't wait until the next tour when they will presumably be performing it live.

6 minutes ago, Colonel Panic said:

Big time, @Eighthours! They only played a handful from RDF at their gig in Dublin last month and guessing the set list has been uniform. 

Yes - they played the album up to 'Jennifer' in Bristol in April (and in the short set at Rough Trade that I saw on Sunday), and as I understand it that's all they've rehearsed from RDF so far.

It's just a pity that the more albums they release, the more stuff drops off their set lists. I miss them finishing with Weights and hearing Schoolin'.

It's such a different album from Re-animator. Probably my favourite since Get To Heaven.

I got my loot today in the post. I don’t remember ordering or wanting the cassette. 

4C5305B2-B9E3-4CC6-B970-56FD99E49022.thumb.jpeg.d59f3ea4ed3d47e8eb662ebef279dba4.jpeg

10 minutes ago, Stanley said:

Do these sound like Radiohead? I only listen to bands that sound like Radiohead (just kidding) :unsure:

They don't sound particularly like Radiohead, but you can tell that the members love the band and there is definitely a crossover in terms of fans. It's like if instead of going to Kid A after OK Computer, Thom Yorke instead decided to embrace both pop and his falsetto! Jonathan Higgs, the lead singer, cites OK Computer as one of his seminal records growing up, and the band was named after the opening words of Everything In Its Right Place.

Definitely give them a listen. Jon's voice takes a bit of getting used to, but once you're there it sounds great. The new album is full of bangers, so there's no problem starting there and then going back.