Sim Racing Central

20 minutes ago, kiroquai said:

As for the rim; I actually got the standard CSL Elite Rim with the base unit when I bought it.

That's the version with the stitched alcantara finish, isn't it? I wanted that, but it was PS4/PC compatible only, unless you got the overpriced Fanatec XBO hub, so I had to make do with the P1's rubber finish. That's what I get for being an Xbox pleb.

I also had my sights fixed on the McLaren GT3 rim, but that one's discontinued now. :( 

29 minutes ago, Meerman said:

I also had my sights fixed on the McLaren GT3 rim, but that one's discontinued now. :( 

I’d done the same, was virtually ready to buy a new wheel, base, whole shebang but then the McLaren wheel went out of stock as I’d been waiting on £ to improve lol.

Did me a favour though because my old CSR and Elite pedals are perfectly adequate so I think I’ll stick with those until they die. It’s 8 years old now so has done very well, took 3 returns to get a good one though and one replacement power pack.Have a Drivehub too for PS4 compatibility.

What's the thoughts on left foot breaking I was trying out the wheel tonight and found that using my right foot for the break was better but I have been driving for 23year so would expect it to. Is it worth working in the left foot breaking for trail breaking? 

6 minutes ago, davadvice1 said:

What's the thoughts on left foot breaking I was trying out the wheel tonight and found that using my right foot for the break was better but I have been driving for 23year so would expect it to. Is it worth working in the left foot breaking for trail breaking? 

You have to if competitive lap times are going to be achieved. It's absolutely essential. 

So little bit of a deal thing on RaceRoom after just chatting with Meerman and reinstalling the thing

You can buy 10,000 Virtual race points (Vrp) for 51.99 instead of £80 on the store.

Their Premier pack (120 car and 35+ tracks)...

http://game.raceroom.com/store/pack/premium-pack?_pjax=true

costs 9999 Vrp

https://www.raceroomstore.com/uk/list_page?cat=24

I'll let you know what you get.

2 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

Well, worked without a hitch. Looking at Raceroom store i OWN IT ALL. BWAHAHAHAHAAHAH!

I do appreciate Raceroom's interface for just setting up multiclass races.

Although it'd be nice if there was any form of combined standings.

11 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

Do you guys have any advice on G29 settings for GT Sport? Can you adjust the wheel rotation at the system level?

Paging @McSpeed to the thread for this one.

14 hours ago, Couch Corpse said:

Do you guys have any advice on G29 settings for GT Sport? Can you adjust the wheel rotation at the system level?

2 hours ago, Meerman said:

Paging @McSpeed to the thread for this one.

I'm on a T300 RS myself so I'm not sure about G29 settings.

However I do know there are few wheel settings to adjust in the game itself, save from button mapping and force feedback levels.

You're best off checking the G29 manual to see if/how you can adjust the wheel rotation. On the T300 RS that's a matter of depressing a combination of buttons to have it cycle through various degrees of rotation.

10 hours ago, SharkyOB said:

Fuck sake people, brake and break are not the same word. 

My name is McSpeed and I support this message.

Joe uses a Thrustmaster T300 doesn't he?

I don't own a G29 myself but I'm sure I've read that, while you can connect the wheel to a PC and use the Logitech app to change the degrees of rotation, GT Sport will override it anyway.

If I understand it correctly, the degrees of rotation are preset by Polyphony for every individual car.

16 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

I don't own a G29 myself but I'm sure I've read that, while you can connect the wheel to a PC and use the Logitech app to change the degrees of rotation, GT Sport will override it anyway.

If I understand it correctly, the degrees of rotation are preset by Polyphony for every individual car.

Interesting, makes sense in a way. The go-kart has extremely sensitive steering for instance, especially when compared to some of the production cars.

13 hours ago, davadvice1 said:

13 hours ago, Varnsen said:

You have to if competitive lap times are going to be achieved. It's absolutely essential. 

I've been practising trail braking on roundabouts in my road car.

No clutch or gears to worry about, to be fair, so my left foot can do full-time brake duty.

29 minutes ago, beenabadbunny said:

you can connect the wheel to a PC and use the Logitech app to change the degrees of rotation, GT Sport will override it anyway.

In my Fanatec wheel, you can set the rotation to automatic, which means that it lets the game determine the degrees of rotation. No idea if the G29 has that though.

3 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

yeah it works the same with a T300, you can set the wheel rotation manually on the wheel, GT sport just sets it back to the default every time you start a race/time trial/anything.

23 hours ago, Meerman said:

That's the version with the stitched alcantara finish, isn't it? I wanted that, but it was PS4/PC compatible only, unless you got the overpriced Fanatec XBO hub, so I had to make do with the P1's rubber finish. That's what I get for being an Xbox pleb.

I bought mine less than a month ago. 

I'm not sure they do rubber finished wheels now, so possibly different, but my Xbox P1 is stitched alcantara finish.

Given the choice, I think I would have gone for the standard CSL Elite for ps4 bundle, which has a round wheel that is alcantara with leather pads where your hands go - that's what I get for being an Xbox pleb ;)

That being said, the alcantara rim is lovely!

4 hours ago, beenabadbunny said:

I've been practising trail braking on roundabouts in my road car.

No clutch or gears to worry about, to be fair, so my left foot can do full-time brake duty.

That feeling when you nail it perfectly, and the car basically pivots around the corner is one of the most satisfying things I think I've ever done in real life.  Shame I can't do it in game :D

This was fun until I lost the back end and got punted off. I had to call it a day after that as I was soaked in sweat. I've got a mini aircon unit coming tomorrow. :)

I've got the pace to win at Imola, I just need better consistency. Also, is it me, or is the racing line in PCars2 a steaming pile of shit?

So did the ACC career at that fantastic dutch track that is Zolder. Quali'd 6th and got to first okay. Did the putstop and down to 7th, then up to 3rd and on penultimate lap slid out of Jacky "xbox" corner straight into the wall :doh:

7 hours ago, Dimahoo said:

So did the ACC career at that fantastic dutch track that is Zolder. Quali'd 6th and got to first okay. Did the putstop and down to 7th, then up to 3rd and on penultimate lap slid out of Jacky "xbox" corner straight into the wall :doh:

Zolder is not a Dutch track, my friend. It's located in Belgium. Like Spa.

Assen and Zandvoort are Dutch tracks. And Rainbow Road (basically every motorway after a visit to the local coffee shop).

1 hour ago, Meerman said:

Zolder is not a Dutch track, my friend. It's located in Belgium. Like Spa.

Assen and Zandvoort are Dutch tracks. And Rainbow Road (basically every motorway after a visit to the local coffee shop).

Ah sorry. It sounds like it should be a Dutch track? Should know better - was there some kind of historical dutch influence in the area?

1 hour ago, Dimahoo said:

Ah sorry. It sounds like it should be a Dutch track? Should know better - was there some kind of historical dutch influence in the area?

Well, Zolder was designed by Dutchman John (Hans) Hugenholtz Sr., who also oversaw Circuit Zandvoort construction.

1 hour ago, Dimahoo said:

Belgium is divided into three regions - the Flemish Region in the north, Wallonia in the south, and the Brussels-Capital Region. It is home to two main linguistic groups or communities: the Dutch-speaking Flemish Community, and the French-speaking Community, which comprises about 40 percent of all Belgians. The Brussels-Capital Region is officially bilingual (French and Dutch), although French is the dominant language there. It's a funny little country.

The Zolder circuit is located in the Flemish region, so hence it sounds Dutch (zolder means attic) as you rightly assumed. The Flemish region borders the Netherlands, whereas Wallonia borders France, Germany and Luxembourg. The Flemish region used to belong to the Dutch Low Lands, but became part of Belgium when it was founded in 1830. So that's where the linguistic influences come from.