IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

On 19/12/2021 at 23:18, Oh Danny Boy said:

Definitely needs some bigger licenses to really kick on I feel. Namco was a big one bit with their license running out and not being able to play their carts on the VS it’s a big miss. Surely SEGA, Capcom and Midway etc wouldn’t be too hard to negotiate, they’ve al stick games on pretty poor devices in the past. A streets of rage Collection, Sonic collection, Mortal Kombat collection, Street fighter collection etc would be massive for selling the VS to a bigger audience. 

Would love more indie games on it too. So many potential indie collections. 

Sega tend to want a lot of money to licence their games, particularly the big games you've mentioned. I am not sure I have seen Capcom games (classic arcade games at least) licenced anywhere. 

8 hours ago, Alshie said:

Still nothing shipped from Amazon and now it just says they will email me when it’s available. 

Prob going to order from Funstock instead - waiting to see if they do a Boxing Day discount code now though!

Mine says the same but they've shipped two games out of the blue today. Got an email to say they were due next Wednesday so hoping the console will show soon.

Played for a bit yesterday. It's pretty good but the control schemes for each games menus are so different. Like sure, select to add coins to an arcade game, but working out how to start Cannon Fodder was not obvious (never had a Megadrive), ditto Worms.

The buttons for the gameplay controls are fine as they can be viewed at anytime, though.

Got a VS for Christmas and it's a lovely device. Feels odd going back to wired controllers but it's given my Evercade collection a new lease of life. The OS (both for the VS and the 2.0 for the handheld) really does make the console feel more professional than the rather quaint UI it originally shipped with.

I'm enjoying going back through Sly Spy and discovering hits like Burger Time. I would love it if they could wrangle the license to do a Data East collection with Robocop. :) Or even better, they just license the the brand and do a Robocop cart with all the old games on. I imagine these sorts of things would be a rats maze of licensing agreements but I think they could charge a premium for these special license themed carts.

1 hour ago, Anne Summers said:

Weird. DD1 is certainly no harder than 2 or 3 to "get running". Unless they just saw the slowdown and didn't realise that's how the original game always performed!

As I didn’t speak to them myself, I think that might be the case. It was either that or they had it running without slowdown and didn’t want to release it like that because they thought that some people might moan about it not being accurate.

11 hours ago, AceGrace said:

I am really disappointed with the Bitmap Collection 1.

Speedball on the Master System. Awful.

Get out.

But yes it's an incredibly lazy collection that basically skips all their games and has 5 games total, 3 of which are Speedball.

The lack of Bomb the Bass in Xenon 2 should be considered a crime. I think it's all down to Kickstarter licensing as it's probably too expensive.

The other one I'm not a fan of is the Intellivision collection, not familiar with any of the games so was excited to see what it was like but it all just felt a bit lacking to play almost as if it would have been better off in the early days and they should be pumping out better stuff by now. Bought it of course because its part of the set but won't be getting used again. Having said that I wouldn't mind seeing a Colecovision series as that's another retro console I've never owned.

The Intelivision collection has a sensible number of games as released and it's not like it misrepresents.

Whereas Speedball if you didn't know how Evercade worked you might well assume was Amiga versions.  I've not actually booted Xenon 2 on it, the Mega Drive version has Bomb The Bass, have they changed it?

On 02/01/2022 at 10:10, Dudley said:

The Intelivision collection has a sensible number of games as released and it's not like it misrepresents.

Whereas Speedball if you didn't know how Evercade worked you might well assume was Amiga versions.  I've not actually booted Xenon 2 on it, the Mega Drive version has Bomb The Bass, have they changed it?

Yes, but it is a pale imitation

15 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I had a go last night, sounds identical to the original mega drive release to me.  Although both aren't great.

The MD ports are generally poorer versions especially with the audio as it couldn't do all the voice samples. The Master System port is even worse, they should all be Amiga ones.

31 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah I know but I thought from AceGrace's post they'd had to change the music on the Mega Drive version but it doesn't seem that way to me.

Amiga:

Versus the Evercade port:

Yes...

Am I speaking Russian this morning?  I took Ace's post to mean the music in the mega drive version of Xenon is different to the mega drive based everdrive version of Xenon. I know the amiga music is better. Because it's an amiga.

5 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yes...

Am I speaking Russian this morning?  I took Ace's post to mean the music in the mega drive version of Xenon is different to the mega drive based everdrive version of Xenon. I know the amiga music is better. Because it's an amiga.

No need to be such an ahole. Reading back you seem to suggest you couldn't see the difference and I posted some in a discussion...  on a forum... won't bother again.