IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

48 minutes ago, Lorfarius said:

Isn't your the limited founders edition? Looking at Amazon and its saying the white model is up for release on the 17th and preorder is available.

Oh, I thought that's what you meant.

16 minutes ago, Anne Summers said:

Surprised to read about the licenses expiring as I know those companies are generally happy to licence their games as long as they are making money out of them, and I thought that Evercade was selling fairly well. 

Might that not be the issue? Evercade selling better than expected, and the original deals are not looking quite so good for the licensees? And Evercade possibly telling them to bugger off when they ask for a hike up in payment?

41 minutes ago, JoeK said:

Might that not be the issue? Evercade selling better than expected, and the original deals are not looking quite so good for the licensees? And Evercade possibly telling them to bugger off when they ask for a hike up in payment?

That was my reading of it too.

11 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

Surprised to read about the licenses expiring as I know those companies are generally happy to licence their games as long as they are making money out of them, and I thought that Evercade was selling fairly well. 

The odd one out is the Oliver Twins one which was a charity cart so it might be there isn't a remotely sane commercial deal to be done once that expires.

Funstock are a weird one. There's a message on the preorder when you place it that they might hold the order until all the items are ready to post, bit of a pain if some come out weeks/months apart so I switched mine to Amazon. That way can always cancel without paying a load of cash upfront and free shipping for Prime.

1 hour ago, CovisGod said:

Funstock still haven’t replied about my broken Purple Evercade, I’ve spent upwards of £450 with them this week as well the bastards

I'd post something on Twitter so everyone can see, companies tend to respond with that as its bad for business if others jump in.

Had my Evercade Founders turn up today. Had a quick play, but so far I'm not a fan of how you turn it on and the output seems really soft, even when using Pixel Perfect. I've set it to high contrast made which makes it look sharper, but the tradeoff is it's a little darker as a result. Oh and the pad feels way too small for me at the moment.