IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

Conversely Hardcore 4x4 looks damn good.  But if you accept that 6 games is acceptable then there's at least 3 weird choices here, mostly I guess because Gremlin weren't prolific on consoles and they haven't really made computers work even when the game doesn't use many buttons.

But when I think golden era Gremlin I do not think the 4th of 7(!) Premier Manager games or that Game Boy thing.

I think Supercars, Venus the Fly Trap, Loaded, Monty Mole, Trailblazer, Hero Quest, Switchblade or Harlequin.

27 minutes ago, Dudley said:

I think Supercars, Venus the Fly Trap, Loaded, Monty Mole, Trailblazer, Hero Quest, Switchblade or Harlequin.

It's so weird how none of them have made it on and the general number of games seems to be shrinking each release. Taking longer and longer for the carts to come out so a bit depressing when they do turn up there's bugger all on them.

It’s almost like they deliberately release small numbers of games, half of them are b releases, to take advantage of their punters 

This is a business, they want to maximise profits by making you buy more. 

could they release all their games on one cart? Sure

but why would they ?

20 minutes ago, ulala said:

It’s almost like they deliberately release small numbers of games, half of them are b releases, to take advantage of their punters 

This is a business, they want to maximise profits by making you buy more. 

could they release all their games on one cart? Sure

but why would they ?

If that was the case why have so many of their releases been packed with 15-20 games? Even the Codemasters one that came out recently had 17 games on. To suddenly drop to 3 games like the Worms collection and still charge the same price is a bit off putting.

Having said that I wouldn't mind them doing a smaller cart for say all the Sensi games. I'd love the original, the Euro/International, PS1 and then topped off with SWOS. That would be ace to have on the VS with the 2 pads as well as in your pocket to carry around.

48 minutes ago, bradigor said:

I played a ton of Premier Manager 97 so sort of glad it is there.

Is that Gremlin collection also for the portable or just the new VS

Yup. All carts are designed for both although it’s possible that later systems being emulated won’t work on the handheld. 

8 hours ago, Angles Morts said:

They're banking on collector OCD preventing people from having gaps between the cynically numbered boxes.

They know they can put out lesser collections and the “collectors” will buy them just to keep those numbers going.

FTS 

2 hours ago, strider said:

Yup. All carts are designed for both although it’s possible that later systems being emulated won’t work on the handheld. 

I know it's not the question you were answering but just in case someone new ambles in I should mention the 2 Namco carts don't work on the Vs, for licencing rather than technical reasons.

1 minute ago, Dudley said:

I know it's not the question you were answering but just in case someone new ambles in I should mention the 2 Namco carts don't work on the Vs, for licencing rather than technical reasons.

I think owners of those carts have a good case for  jail breaking 

Sorry if this has been discussed before but just spotted a note on the Evercade page so if you haven't picked these up now is the time:

There are also some updates on our existing licenses as well, as deals expire and while we’ve attempted to re-negotiate and keep things available at every turn, contracts do expire, and our partners do change their licensing strategies which can lead to extensions not being possible. There are also deals that were made for exclusive purposes and were limited-time agreements. So you will see availability decrease on certain cartridges over 2022 as we are unable to produce new stock. Below you will find the affected carts and the dates on which they will no longer be produced:

Namco Collection 1 (ends June 2022)

Namco Collection 2 (ends June 2022)

Technos Collection 1 (ends March 2022)

Oliver Twins Collection (ends March 2022)

Those of you who have the Atari collection that has Asteroids Deluxe on it… Might want to check that it’s actually playing the right game. There have been reports that you are just getting the original Asteroids game with Deluxe’s background image.