IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

16 minutes ago, SpookyMulder said:

Ditto! I mean, come on, new (retro) console, new (retro) toys for boys! What’s not to love?!? 😉

I very much doubt I'll ever even use it - the games will be for my handheld - but doesn't stop me wanting it :)

1 minute ago, AceGrace said:

Bear in mind that once the founders edition is gone those black extra controllers will be gone as well so order then now if you want them

Hahahaha like I have three friends.

Been mulling getting on board for a while but this has pushed me over the edge.

Evercade + carts 1-16 being delivered today and VS Founders edition pre-ordered.

Any recommendations for where to start with the games? Any hidden gems?

3 hours ago, ox1973 said:

Been mulling getting on board for a while but this has pushed me over the edge.

Evercade + carts 1-16 being delivered today and VS Founders edition pre-ordered.

Any recommendations for where to start with the games? Any hidden gems?

Ive noticed that the Indie heroes has Flea! on it. Got that on the Dreamcast, it’s awesome if you’re looking for a challenging old school platformer. Also Xeno Crisis. Got that on the Dreamcast too, it’s banging. Not sure how the Evercade version is. 

When you work out the six new carts total £90, the Founders VS edition with two controllers and extra swag was a bargain.

Mine was ordered by 10:01am.

I have a black Evercade to make three controllers, anyway.

Just ordered an evercade with the first 12 games. Have to say Im really looking forward going through the Dizzy games again. Will definitely be picking up the VS in the future as well. Would be nice to see a spectrum collection in the future or Jeff Minter porting some of his games to the machine. 

Got my evercade today. Have only played a bit of xenocrisis so far but I have to say I’m really impressed. When it was first announced I had zero interest in it because lets be honest, Blaze are not exactly known for their high quality. But after all the positive impressions online and upcoming releases I thought Id give it a shot. Build quality is great considering the price, very comfortable to hold and screen is decent quality, games themselves come in a sturdy case with a full colour booklet and I love the cartridge designs, they’re very nicely done. Hopefully blaze can continue the great work they have done here and have a steady stream of releases over the next few years, I would love to see more Japanese support for the system, especially from the likes of Sega, Capcom and Konami/Hudson Soft but on the other hand part of the charm for this is discovering overlooked games and indies which would be overshadowed if the major publishers threw their support. 

This is a really, really good interview with the company and guys behind it all. They go through all the design decisions, how they got stuff from Blaze when they went out of business, plans for things like online and why the 2 player mode was in from the start (cos of the Vs). Loads of detail and well worth a listen if you have any questions.

On 14/06/2021 at 15:39, Lorfarius said:

This is a really, really good interview with the company and guys behind it all. They go through all the design decisions, how they got stuff from Blaze when they went out of business, plans for things like online and why the 2 player mode was in from the start (cos of the Vs). Loads of detail and well worth a listen if you have any questions.

Thanks for posting that, I’ve never heard of that podcast before, it was a great listen and obvious that the guys behind the evercade are passionate about it (especially talking about the d-pad design process). One thing I found surprising was that they originally only planned for about 50 releases in total over the lifetime of the machine but are now reconsidering increasing that target. I’ve been loving mine so far and will definitely get the VS on release. It would be cool if they could get more Japanese support in the future (especially Sega, Capcom and Konami) plus get more modern retro style games such as Hollow Knight or Axiom Verge for the system, even if its just a single game cart.

• 2 weeks later...
14 hours ago, Dudley said:

I am very tempted to see if they'll accept 

"Additional Testing By"

as my name so it really fucks up the credits.

Reminds me of the XKCD comic where they named the child DropTable

• 2 weeks later...

https://evercade.co.uk/evercade-announces-renovation-collection-1

Evercade Announces Renovation Collection 1 – Coming Early 2022

Renovation Collection 1 will bring twelve incredible 16-bit games from Japanese publisher Telenet and its US subsidiary Renovation.

With the collection to be labeled number 23, this will be the first cartridge in our 2022 lineup with the release scheduled for early 2022. Pre-orders for this cartridge open in November 2021 following the launch of the Evercade VS.

These twelve titles were never released in Europe during their original run and so this is a first for the UK and EU to have non-imported physical versions of these 16-bit titles.

The games list is:

• Arcus Odyssey
• Beast Wrestler
• Dino Land
• El Viento
• Exile
• Final Zone
• Gaiares
• Granada
• Sol-Deace
• Traysia
• Valis: The Fantasm Soldier