IGNORED

Evercade

ulala

Will definitely pre order! 

In other news, my copy of Piko Collection 2 arrived from amazon a few hours ago. I've been playing Soccer Kid non stop, great game which I'd never played before. I did have Markos magic football though. 

... I'd steer clear of Football Madness though, that ones not very good. 

Piko and Jaleco just arrived from Funstock! Yissss.

Also, from the Evercade Discord:

"So there are announcements every week until May 28th. Still a few question marks to unveil on that ol' timeline"

7 minutes ago, Elseb said:

Will definitely pre order! 

In other news, my copy of Piko Collection 2 arrived from amazon a few hours ago. I've been playing Soccer Kid non stop, great game which I'd never played before. I did have Markos magic football though. 

... I'd steer clear of Football Madness though, that ones not very good. 

Shame about Football Madness. Great to see PlayStation emulation, but it's a terrible game to showcase it.

That fella who fucked up with the Coleco Chameleon will be kicking himself when he sees this. An offline machine that uses a proprietary cart system in 2021. He was ahead of his time that guy. And massive con man to boot.

Is Evercade a relatively small UK company? Pretty nice that they seem to be having success with the format wherever their origin.

1 minute ago, amc said:

That fella who fucked up with the Coleco Chameleon will be kicking himself when he sees this. An offline machine that uses a proprietary cart system in 2021. He was ahead of his time that guy. And massive con man to boot.

Is Evercade a relatively small UK company? Pretty nice that they seem to be having success with the format whatever their origin.

It's owned by Blaze.

Will have to google as I've never heard of them. Has a UK feel from what I've seen, just needs a Jeff Minter game and I'd be convinced it's based out of Slough or something.

Not being derogatory about the thing, seems a fun device, has a real 80s or early 90s Datel vibe or something.

Watch Blaze be some USA conglomerate lol.

23 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Yeah it's owned by Blaze but Blaze isn't Blaze anymore.

Blaze.

That’s what I find bizarre. The brand had put me off the thing so far, it’s not like Blaze is a valued brand, if I wasn’t part of this forum I wouldn’t know that it’s a different company, I’d have seen ‘Blaze’ and never looked at it again.  It’s mostly known for cheap and underwhelming retro devices to the market this it pitched at, it’s pretty much a tainted brand. 

4 hours ago, strider said:

Shame about Football Madness. Great to see PlayStation emulation, but it's a terrible game to showcase it.

Framerate can be a bit dodgy as well but I'm assuming the original PS1 version was the same. 

1 hour ago, Dudley said:

Apparently it doesn't work with all the existing cartridges.  The Namco Museum ones at least.

It's a licensing issue apparently. From their Discord earlier:

Namco are the only partner that asked us not to allow VS use. It is our plan to have all future carts cross compatible.

6 hours ago, Major Britten said:

Have there been any titles that have been discontinued? Interested in getting an Evercade VS but if games are going to get discontinued after a short period and end up on ebay for silly prices then I’ll give it a miss.

That's a good point about limited runs because that would make them even more desirable in the eyes of some. I've not heard anything to suggest it though.

7 hours ago, Major Britten said:

Have there been any titles that have been discontinued? Interested in getting an Evercade VS but if games are going to get discontinued after a short period and end up on ebay for silly prices then I’ll give it a miss.

Officially no but games have been out of stock for quite long periods as they're too small to produce a billion so they come in runs as they thing they'll sell.

6 minutes ago, Dudley said:

Officially no but games have been out of stock for quite long periods as they're too small to produce a billion so they come in runs as they thing they'll sell.

Thats fine if they make more to meet demand, especially for people new to the system. There are too many companies like limited run nowadays that have deliberately low print runs or only have a two week window to purchase a game which has really put me off of physical collecting for modern systems.

12 hours ago, Dudley said:

Apparently it doesn't work with all the existing cartridges.  The Namco Museum ones at least.

That’s a bad start. Why would Namco not want their games on the console version? It’s a bad precedent to set, if publishers can decide to have their games on one variation and not the other then it makes the whole enterprise redundant. 

2 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

That’s a bad start. Why would Namco not want their games on the console version? It’s a bad precedent to set, if publishers can decide to have their games on one variation and not the other then it makes the whole enterprise redundant. 

they licenced their games to be used on a handheld console. Why would they allow them to be used on a different console when they can get you to buy twice?

2 hours ago, Oh Danny Boy said:

Given the firmware is very easily updatable and that can be the only thing that'll stop those carts running (since they were physically made before this were even a thing) I wonder how many nanoseconds before that's jailbroken.

• 2 weeks later...