I'm not too sure how I feel about that second Piko collection at the moment. It feels like there's a lot of stuff on there that's there to bump up the numbers.

My only real concern is that some compilations are going to be shrunk down in order to sell multiple carts. I think the Interplay carts are a really good indication of this.

I'm guessing they've tried to make a sport collection. So while some of it looks like filler (and effectively it is) it's more a case of them using what they've got to fit that theme rather than running out of games. 

Most interestingly, Racing Fever appears to be a GBA game (it's the same box art on the cover) and Football Madness seems like it could be a PlayStation game. They both look a bit duff, but give hope of more GBA and PS1 games appearing on the system (if that's what they are).

On an unrelated note, I'm another that's gone on in the pack with 10 games too. -_- (I actually ordered mine a few weeks ago; still waiting for it.)

I E-Mailed and asked when to expect delivery as I’m impatient and had ordered 5 days ago to be told “our next delivery of stock is the end of September”, the order was then shipped an hour later so that pleased me,

really looking forward to it turning up!

8 hours ago, strider said:

I'm not too sure how I feel about that second Piko collection at the moment. It feels like there's a lot of stuff on there that's there to bump up the numbers.

My only real concern is that some compilations are going to be shrunk down in order to sell multiple carts. I think the Interplay carts are a really good indication of this.

this is their business model.

they have a group of customers now committed to getting a complete collection too. Again, great marketing. 

42 minutes ago, ulala said:

this is their business model.

they have a group of customers now committed to getting a complete collection too. Again, great marketing. 

Well yes, that's the other thing, they could stick any old shit on them now and collectors will still be forced to buy them. :P

A sports pack doesn't really appeal to me, but there are still a few games on there that I would like to play, so I still think that's still pretty good value, especially as I may find I like more than that. 

Which would be something more than the non issue it actually is if you weren’t paying just £15 for a nicely presented boxed cart featuring multiple games with an instruction booklet. Even if you only fancy three of the games on a particular cart, it’s fine. They have done a great job with this. 

4 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

Which would be something more than the non issue it actually is if you weren’t paying just £15 for a nicely presented boxed cart featuring multiple games with an instruction booklet. Even if you only fancy three of the games on a particular cart, it’s fine. They have done a great job with this. 

Totally agree the price point is bang on with the carts, I’ve bought carts where I’ve never actually heard of any of the games, happy to take the risk though because a) they are beautifully presented, b) there’s a good chance I’ll get enjoyment out of a couple of 13 games and c) it’s £15, same price as a round in the pub, I’m happy with that.

5 minutes ago, CovisGod said:

I’ve bought carts where I’ve never actually heard of any of the games, happy to take the risk though because a) they are beautifully presented, b) there’s a good chance I’ll get enjoyment out of a couple of 13 games and c) it’s £15, same price as a round in the pub, I’m happy with that.

wow, just wow.

This is like a cult rather than gaming. I have to hand it to evercade, they are pulling off a blinder.

Release a game cart per month, around £15 quid. A load of filler games, perhaps one or two will keep you entertained fir 30 minutes till its put away forever.

To put this into perspective, for an extra £5 a month You can get an Xbox series s and game pass ultimate! 

23 minutes ago, ulala said:

wow, just wow.

This is like a cult rather than gaming. I have to hand it to evercade, they are pulling off a blinder.

Release a game cart per month, around £15 quid. A load of filler games, perhaps one or two will keep you entertained fir 30 minutes till its put away forever.

To put this into perspective, for an extra £5 a month You can get an Xbox series s and game pass ultimate! 

I’ll get an Xbox S as well but I can’t play that whilst having retro fun on the shitter can I? :hat:

On the Piko collection - Hoops: Shut Up And Jam doesn't seem to be an existing game title (according to Mobygames) - so I assume it's a "de-licensed" version of Barkley: Shut Up And Jam (which I know Piko does own the rights to, although not the rights to use it, due to the Charles Berklay licence). , which is an interesting move. They have a lot of other licensed IP so I wonder if they will start de-licensing it all. 

Edit - see also "Top Racer 2" which I believe is a de-licensed version of Top Gear 2, which as far as I know wasn't actually licensed from the Top Gear show, but may have been renamed to avoid any confusion. 

4 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

On the Piko collection - Hoops: Shut Up And Jam doesn't seem to be an existing game title (according to Mobygames) - so I assume it's a "de-licensed" version of Barkley: Shut Up And Jam (which I know Piko does own the rights to, although not the rights to use it, due to the Charles Berklay licence). , which is an interesting move. They have a lot of other licensed IP so I wonder if they will start de-licensing it all. 

I would say that's definitely what it is. What I don't get is why they can't just call it Shut Up And Jam. Even if Charles Barkley has been replaced with Jimmy Hoops, the name doesn't need to be in the title. I suppose it's to indicate it's a basketball game and not something to do with dancing or jam making, but the target audience will already recognise what it is.

4 hours ago, Anne Summers said:

see also "Top Racer 2" which I believe is a de-licensed version of Top Gear 2, which as far as I know wasn't actually licensed from the Top Gear show, but may have been renamed to avoid any confusion. 

The BBC have a registered trademark for Top Gear that covers video games, so it would have more to do with licensing (if the BBC would grant it) than avoiding confusion.

On 13/09/2020 at 12:18, CovisGod said:

I would E-Mail them for sure buddy, I got mine in less than a week

Emailed them and it turns out it was ordering Xeno Crisis & Tanglewood at the same time that was stopping it from being sent. :facepalm: Apparently there would have been a pop-up warning me of that, but I don't remember seeing it let alone reading it. I can't cancel it myself either, so have to wait for them to cancel and refund me (because they also charge at order and not dispatch).