15 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

As this is a product made for the collectors market, I wonder if its resale value will have any legs and whether that history-minded community will have an interest long-term. I think it could easily be a bit of a retro collector darling that's followed with a sharp cooling off when this honeymoon period's over. Will they dodge it beginning to feel a bit hollow compared to the history-laden stuff that it apes? Hope it outlives being a novelty and it doesn't fall foul of basically offering something new, but with what is ultimately a weaker feeling of nostalgia. 

I have nothing to say on this matter.

• Upvote 1
22 hours ago, SeanR said:

Is there a jag cart?

You know what though, this would be the perfect way for people to sample the games on the Jag that are actually worth playing as the console itself is obviously not worth the price of entry for most of the heathens.  A cart with AvP, Power Drive Rally, Super Burnout, Iron Soldier, Missile Command 3D, NBA Jam, Doom, Rayman and Tempest would be absolutely amazing.  Fifteen quid instead of the many hundreds it'd cost for that little lot on eBay.  A non starter, obviously, because Jag emulation is so shit.

This could be an excellent way to sample a nicely curated selection of the 'worth playing' libraries of all of the also-ran machines.

• Upvote 1

Would be pretty good, that. Get some Wonderswan and NGPC games on there.

Trouble is, the more obscure the machine, the less likely there's a decent emu they can license.

Absolutely, but if it were to really take off and they make bank they could possibly license what's available for those sorts of machines and pour their own resources into sorting them out.

I know it's not going to happen, but the notion is a delight at least.

And the nice thing about the platform is, in a few years if it worked out, a backward compatible Evercade 2 could be powerful enough for Jaguar and everyone gets to keep their cart library.

• Upvote 1
35 minutes ago, Dudley said:

a backward compatible Evercade 2 could be powerful enough for Jaguar

I understand what you're saying but sadly I'm afraid we're highly unlikely to see anything powerful enough to properly emulate the Jag in our lifetimes.

• Upvote 1
52 minutes ago, Nathan Wind said:

I understand what you're saying but sadly I'm afraid we're highly unlikely to see anything powerful enough to properly emulate the Jag in our lifetimes.

Even the Jaguar itself can't handle its almost dangerous levels of power.

• Upvote 3
5 hours ago, Nathan Wind said:

hqdefault.jpg

Activate truth mode:

”to be honest the three people who genuinely like the Jag have already bought both the good games so no one can be arsed to write an emulator”

disclaimer: I have no idea if the jag can be emulated. 

• Upvote 2
  • 2 weeks later...
10 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Down to £54 at Argos I think it was

Hasn't it been that price before now? They never have stock near me when I've checked. Incidentally checknow.co.uk still isn't working (since I last mentioned it); it says all stores have stock, but they don't. 

53 minutes ago, robotattack said:

Hasn't it been that price before now? They never have stock near me when I've checked. Incidentally checknow.co.uk still isn't working (since I last mentioned it); it says all stores have stock, but they don't. 

oh, yeah, I've been looking at the premium version the whole time. the one with 3 cards... for £80.

:facepalm:

Two new Evercade carts announced this morning for early 2021 -

Jaleco Collection 1:

Astyanax

Bases Loaded

Brawl Brothers

City Connection

Earth Defence Force

Ignition Factor

Operation Logic Bomb

Rival Turf

Super Goal! 2