Assassin’s Creed Valhalla

18 hours ago, evilashchris said:

I was still getting tearing on performance mode, and I hate that more than anything, so I went for the other one. 

Yeah the tearing on Performance mode is awful. The patch has just made it a bit shit really. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this before hand. There was some tearing in cutscenes but hardly ever in game. Now it's in game almost all the time.

50 minutes ago, spanx said:

1.0.4 patch has made this super unstable for me on PC. Lots of crashes. Super annoying. 

Oh good, not just me then. It even crashed without loading a game and just changing some of the graphics options down today.

1 hour ago, SweatyTravolta said:

Yeah the tearing on Performance mode is awful. The patch has just made it a bit shit really. I'm sure it wasn't as bad as this before hand. There was some tearing in cutscenes but hardly ever in game. Now it's in game almost all the time.

I thought this was just me, it was absolutely fine before the patch, I thought maybe because I had freesync on my TV that helped. Now I’m getting tearing when I move the camera up and down. Also the frame rate in the bigger towns is bad, before it was really quite smooth.

It's such a strange one this game. I keep thinking of it like a chef who has cooked the most incredible dish ever, but just keeps throwing on garnish and little dressings and sauces instead of just focusing on the fucking amazing dish that has been sat there getting cold whilst they farted around it.

It's a shame, because at its best, sailing this absolutely magnificent open world looking for plunder, it comes together so nicely but it's so unfocused.

4 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

It's such a strange one this game. I keep thinking of it like a chef who has cooked the most incredible dish ever, but just keeps throwing on garnish and little dressings and sauces instead of just focusing on the fucking amazing dish that has been sat there getting cold whilst they farted around it.

It's a shame, because at its best, sailing this absolutely magnificent open world looking for plunder, it comes together so nicely but it's so unfocused.

Viking rap battles. 

On 29/11/2020 at 19:30, Nosejam said:

I thought this was just me, it was absolutely fine before the patch, I thought maybe because I had freesync on my TV that helped. Now I’m getting tearing when I move the camera up and down. Also the frame rate in the bigger towns is bad, before it was really quite smooth.

Add one more for the random freezing

What weapons are people using, I haven’t found a better combo than 2 x 2 handed spears (needs a talent to equip 2 handed weapons in off hand). Not only are they fast but have good range too. I quite like 2 x daggers as well but the range sucks.

Also, I’m finding more and more bugs and glitches as I get near the end, lost a few hours progress in a zone last night due to a bugged quest and frequently get stuck in scenery and have to reload. I don’t recall anything like this before the patch. 

I’m at nearly 100 hours now and although I’m still enjoying it, it has slipped from a 9/10 to an 8/10.

One handed axe and shield. I dabbled with other weapons, but always went back to that combo. Shield parry/decapitate never got old.

Finished this last night after 70 hours. Overall, I'd say it's my favourite of the new era Ass Creed's but it is still overlong. I did hardly any incidental quests and gave up treasure hunting once I got my raven armour upgraded a bit so 70 hours is nuts. There are so many quests that don't really add to the game. It's a shame, as I loved the characters and Eivor's journey and honestly think with a bit more direction and finesse, this could have been a Witcher 3 / Skyrim beater. 70% Goat 30% bloat.

4 minutes ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

One handed axe and shield. I dabbled with other weapons, but always went back to that combo. Shield parry/decapitate never got old.

Finished this last night after 70 hours. Overall, I'd say it's my favourite of the new Era Ass Creed's but it is still overlong. I did hardly any incidental quests and gave up treasure hunting once I got my raven armour upgraded a bit so 70 hours is nuts. There are so many quests that don't really add to the game. It's a shame, as I loved the characters and Eivor's journey and honestly think with a bit more direction and finesse, this could have been a Witcher 3 / Skyrim beater. 70% Goat 30% bloat.

I'm deep in to this too but starting to get that fatigue. Am I on the home stretch yet if...

Spoiler

I've rescued Sigurd and cleared Lincolnscire, Cent, etc regions (the lvl 160 ones)

4 minutes ago, spanx said:

I'm deep in to this too but starting to get that fatigue. Am I on the home stretch yet if...

Hide contents

I've rescued Sigurd and cleared Lincolnscire, Cent, etc regions (the lvl 160 ones)

Spoiler

Getting there. I'd say you are about two thirds through with a third to go. Game is silly huge. I will say that's the point I felt most fatigued and it does pick up a good bit towards the end though so it's worth persevering.

11 hours ago, Nosejam said:

What weapons are people using, I haven’t found a better combo than 2 x 2 handed spears (needs a talent to equip 2 handed weapons in off hand). Not only are they fast but have good range too. I quite like 2 x daggers as well but the range sucks.

Also, I’m finding more and more bugs and glitches as I get near the end, lost a few hours progress in a zone last night due to a bugged quest and frequently get stuck in scenery and have to reload. I don’t recall anything like this before the patch. 

I’m at nearly 100 hours now and although I’m still enjoying it, it has slipped from a 9/10 to an 8/10.

I have been running 2 small axes for pretty much my entire 45 hours. See no need to change. 

1 hour ago, spanx said:

Reveal hidden contents

I hit the wall around this point too.

I absoloutely adored the first 40 hours or so but I was starting to resent it. I really hope one day Ubi get the balance right, I just wish it was in Valhalla because it is easily my favourite setting.

3 hours ago, Opinionated Ham Scarecrow said:

Finished this last night after 70 hours. Overall, I'd say it's my favourite of the new era Ass Creed's but it is still overlong. I did hardly any incidental quests and gave up treasure hunting once I got my raven armour upgraded a bit so 70 hours is nuts. There are so many quests that don't really add to the game. It's a shame, as I loved the characters and Eivor's journey and honestly think with a bit more direction and finesse, this could have been a Witcher 3 / Skyrim beater. 70% Goat 30% bloat.

Yep. Got the shield setup so that it releases toxic gas on a parry to weaken the group whilst securing their friend to the ground using his own spear through his chest. Very satisfying.

I've just given the plants to the seer and I must say, as someone who was getting bored of the actual game and feeling the bloat, I am loving this focused quest line. They should go back to making smaller, more focused games. In fact they should release this segment out on it's own at a reduced price for people to play. It's got me tempted to pick up Freedom Cry because I know people rave about it and I've never played it.

I’m liking this but it’s not up there with Odyssey for me. Eivor is cool but no Kassandra. 

Any way does anyone else find this game overly foggy? I don’t mean in a “dawn on the moors” way (though I am a bit sick of how often that happens) but I mean in a ‘Turok general cover all’ kind of way. 

I’m playing on xsx in Quality mode so it seems odd if it’s an N64 style thing. 

I know it’s not a display issue as when I dive in water it clears up. 

It's the best looking title I have played on next gen consoles. It looks amazing on series x. Just remember and turn HDR off as its totally shite. 

In other news, I'm giving. Up on side quests and other boring shite as the game is becoming a slog when I go from bright dot to bright dot. 

I'm 52 hours in and generally pick up any side quests and wealth and collectibles when I can but I want to just focus on the story now. 

Think I have another 4  regions to finish so I'm going to have at least another 20 hours I think, and that's plenty.