Charlie Brooker’s Antiviral Wipe

JohnC

Great news, I've sorely missed this - especially the end of year wipes. Four years since the last one.

Weirdly, whenever I've seen a long queue outside a shop I've imagined Charlie Brooker delivering some acerbic comment.

How quickly do we think he can turn something like this around? Obviously its using lots of current news and they will use old assets and resources so are we talking about it being broadcast in the next few weeks? 

Given that he's usually sat at home commenting on news footage I imagine it'll be turned around very soon. I agree that Cunk is the worst thing, not terrible but sub-par Ali-G (and all the worse because everyone's in on the joke).

1 hour ago, Mawdlin said:

Given that he's usually sat at home commenting on news footage I imagine it'll be turned around very soon. I agree that Cunk is the worst thing, not terrible but sub-par Ali-G (and all the worse because everyone's in on the joke).

Here's hoping he's not going to lean heavily on Cunk and to a lesser extent Shitpeas and stick to the good stuff. Those characters are at their best when representing the sort of laughably ill-informed yet over-confident idiots we've all encountered online, but Cunk in particular has drifted away from that hugely. I want to see Brooker tackle the way TV and news has handled the lockdown, in other words what he does best. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, Vimster said:

What proportion of this was Cunk?

Way, way, too much.

Her pretending to be stupid and saying words incorrectly schtick wasn't funny the first time and has not become funny over the years. 

The Brooker stuff was, of course, excellent  but I really wish he'd kick Cunk and Shitpeas out to pasture.