Vinyl records valuation.

I wouldn't know where to start with those, a lot of it can depend on condition but also what specific edition an album is.

My only recommendation is spend the evening logging them in discogs and it'll give you minimum/median/max values, based on previously selling history of the same editions on its site.

Edit - Unfortunately, I would expect you won't get near the discogs median or max if you're selling them as a job lot.

Yeah there’s no way of reasonably knowing their value without also knowing their condition and which particular version they are. Discogs is your best bet - put the catalog numbers in and either list them cheap to sell quickly on the website or use the guide price to sell them elsewhere. Do you have a text list or just photos?

1 minute ago, acidbearboy said:

Yeah there’s no way of reasonably knowing their value without also knowing their condition and which particular version they are. Discogs is your best bet - put the catalog numbers in and either list them cheap to sell quickly on the website or use the guide price to sell them elsewhere. Do you have a text list or just photos?

Just pictures at the moment.

To be honest, I've had an offer of £800.

I'll probably accept that tomorrow unless someone meets asking of £900.

Purely based on what's visible and as has been said not knowing specific releases and condition I don't think £800 is a bad offer as a job lot. You might get double that selling them individually but then again you might not and it depends on whether you can be arsed as it's undoubtedly a lot of work doing the research, listing them up then posting them off well packaged individually to people etc.

Probably the wisest move would be to do a bit of the research and cherry pick the stuff that's potentially worth a bit (Super Ape, the Beefhearts, Bitches Brew etc.) to sell elsewhere. But obviously that'll have a knock on effect with the rest you'd sell as a job lot, especially if it's to a trader type.

Some good shit in there though, I'd have taken that Abyssinians LP :P

Before doing anything rash I would double-check on Discogs just in case there’s any humdingers in there. As an example I found a copy of Physical Graffiti in the loft I’d forgotten about and dismissed as having a value that’s worth hundreds. Go careful.

Without knowing more, I'd say you've probably had a reasonable offer at £800. Holding out for someone who just happens to want that lot and wants to spend £900 could take months at the moment.

Too many chancers out there would offer you naff all for a collection like that while making out that they're doing you a favour before marking them up massively and selling for $$$$ profit.

It's always a sad day to see a record collection go though, my commiserations to you.

3 minutes ago, cubik said:

Without knowing more, I'd say you've probably had a reasonable offer at £800. Holding out for someone who just happens to want that lot and wants to spend £900 could take months at the moment.

Too many chancers out there would offer you naff all for a collection like that while making out that they're doing you a favour before marking them up massively and selling for $$$$ profit.

It's always a sad day to see a record collection go though, my commiserations to you.

Thank you man..it is with regret that I'm letting them go...but better if they go to a forumite ...and keeping it alive. Thank you for kind words :)

Sorry - late at night and late to the thread but discogs.com is what i use to value my vinyl.  Laborious process possibly and I use it more for dance music but think it is relevant to all types.  

I also use it to sell all my vinyl to.  Sell by individual record though not a job lot.  

£800 for 90 records seems reasonable unless you have some real unique offerings in there

Lovely just seeing a nice eclectic mix of vinyl. It’s so appealing innit. y obly

advice is to be really REALLY sure there isn’t anything you want to keep back. 
I must have sold a good thousand or so about 20 years ago (kept more back - phew) and very month or so I mourn the loss or a couple. 
I could buy them back but they were my copies - dig out of shops over year and years so it’s not the same.

So just be SURE... 

I sold about 500 to the now defunct Lucky Seven in Newington Green a few years ago and then saw a whole wall of them up behind Danny Baker when he was doing a documentary about record shops. I have a feeling there were a few rickets in that lot, but the store credit was quite generous and I got a lot of cool Brazilian bits in return. Hard to Find Records had offered me two pence a record at the time. I think I would have rather set fire to them than reduce myself to that.