if anyone fancies playing outrun 2006 on pc, if you grab a physical copy on Ebay or the likes, it doesn't have any online verification so your good to go straight out the box..... well kind of.

There are a few steps to use a controller you need to download and install this into your game directory and replace all files.

Outrun 2 FXT 2.5

from here

http://dragonking.arcadecontrols.com/index.php

in the game directory click FXT CONFIG and you can tinker with various graphics and controller setting including wheel support.

There is a high res texture pack 

https://www.mediafire.com/file/l3rklbvtuuz8c0b/texmods.zip/file

and once all that is running you need to install 

https://www.bandicam.com/

On modern monitors with fast refresh rates the game matches it, so 144, or even 300 hz displays make the game run at lightspeed.

and select the gamepad icon and set FPS limit to 60 and untick the only when capturing box. 

Sounds a bit of a faf but its not too bad, button config takes a bit of time but once done you're ready to drfit that f50 around.

I'd like to buy a digital copy of this issue, but I don't have a tablet and I don't fancy reading such an image-heavy magazine on my phone.

What's the best way to read it on a Windows 10 desktop PC? I see PocketMags has it for sale and they have a Windows app - is that good, or are there better alternatives?

5 hours ago, Azrael said:

I ordered a physical copy on the 24th, I realise post might take longer than usual currently but should I have received this by now? :unsure:

My subscription copy hasn't arrived yet either; I've just put it down to slow post.

been replaying some games from this and having a great time - outrun 2, dj hero, jungle beats, and rez - all brilliant. jungle beats in particular is ridiculous, how can a platform game designed to be played with a bongo controller be this good?

On 06/05/2020 at 01:01, spatular said:

been replaying some games from this and having a great time - outrun 2, dj hero, jungle beats, and rez - all brilliant. jungle beats in particular is ridiculous, how can a platform game designed to be played with a bongo controller be this good?

By nice coincidence I just got my GC working and I own the Jungle Beats set and a copy of Donkey Konga so that's gonna happen.

I've also been using Outrun 2006 as my test games for every console I can, so PS2, Xbox and PSP so far.

16 hours ago, Popo said:

It’s, er, been two weeks since I ordered my copy and... nothing. :unsure:

The new issue of retro gamer I ordered  took three weeks to arrive from mfm after dispatch. It will turn up soon, don’t worry. I ordered the issue the day it appeared for sale and mine hasn’t arrived either.

9 minutes ago, Hanzo the Razor said:

How do you buy this online? I can only see subscriptions on myfavouritemagazines.co.uk

I think it only had a limited print run for subscribers and a few extra, it didn’t hit the shops. 

Mine arrived yesterday, haven't had an issue of Edge in a while, nice to drop back in now. While I'm a fan of Edge's objective style and tone, the personal moments behind this issue (check the Lonely Mountains entry) are heartwarming. Horrific as the Covid 19 pandemic is, it's good to have this issue as an artifact of the times.

Mine arrived yesterday along with Retro Gamer which I bought for the Half Life feature. Received the rather nice uncluttered subscriber cover of Retro Gamer, but maybe that’s the only cover.

Mine arrived yesterday too.

1 hour ago, LongHairStu said:

While I'm a fan of Edge's objective style and tone, the personal moments behind this issue (check the Lonely Mountains entry) are heartwarming.

The mention of the Legendary Theme and the reference to Over The Distance gave me a lump in my throat just thinking about those moments.