rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Revival

Crysis Remastered

wouldnt have thought so, cant really remember as its been a long time since i played the retail version. disk stopped working. would imagine it can use more actual ram though.

and yeah, they thought cpu would go up, not across.

The big thing people missed out on with the console ports is the AI. I clearly remember that the AI used shed-loads of compute cycles* so the console owners missed-out on the excellent enemy actions. 

*term may be technically incorrect ;]

Imagine Halo with both Heroic and Legendary difficulties locked-out, and that's the difference I believe. 

Anyway, even if that's bollocks, the best thing here is Crytek getting the franchise back. If they did a new game patterned after Crysis 1 it'd be incredible with today's tech. 

Pro tip: if you haven't before, play Crysis 3. It's flawed and short, but there are some neat ideas stuffed in there. It's still a looker, as well. 

2 hours ago, Treble said:

The big thing people missed out on with the console ports is the AI. I clearly remember that the AI used shed-loads of compute cycles* so the console owners missed-out on the excellent enemy actions. 

*term may be technically incorrect ;]

Imagine Halo with both Heroic and Legendary difficulties locked-out, and that's the difference I believe. 

Anyway, even if that's bollocks, the best thing here is Crytek getting the franchise back. If they did a new game patterned after Crysis 1 it'd be incredible with today's tech. 

Pro tip: if you haven't before, play Crysis 3. It's flawed and short, but there are some neat ideas stuffed in there. It's still a looker, as well. 

I reinstalled Crysis, Warhead, Crysis 2 and 3 last night. ^_^

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Treble said:

It's good fun. The bow was a great little addition. 

Couldn't accept the new Psycho though. He was missing all the gruff charm of his C1 appearance...although I guess there were reasons.

• Upvote 1

really loved this game, the other 2 lost all the charisma and open world feeling the first had.

Cant wait to go through it again.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Fargo said:

A remastered trilogy would be really amazing!

sold separately would be really... expensive

20 minutes ago, SeanR said:

sold separately would be really... expensive

Nah, you only need the first one.

• Upvote 1

On 18/04/2020 at 14:13, JoeK said:

It's good fun. The bow was a great little addition. 

Couldn't accept the new Psycho though. He was missing all the gruff charm of his C1 appearance...although I guess there were reasons.

Dirk from Hollyoaks, RIP.

4 hours ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

Nah, you only need the first one.

Though it had a different feel to the original, I thought Crysis 2 had an excellent single player campaign. Crysis 3 was also pretty good. 

• Upvote 1

I thought Crysis 2 was a great game, tbh. Yeah it was completely different to the first one, but tactically it was still relatively open compared to other shooters. Had more of a FEAR 2 / Far Cry 3+ vibe going on with its mix of stealth and ferocious gunplay.

• Upvote 3

Imagine a ‘supergroup’ FPS designed by Crytek, Monolith, Valve and Bungie or any combination on those. 

Leave out Valve and you might be onto something there :P

Spoiler

I wanted to add something in this spoiler, then changed my mind but now I can't delete this box lol

10 hours ago, Stanley said:

Imagine a ‘supergroup’ FPS designed by Crytek, Monolith, Valve and Bungie or any combination on those. 

All the talent has left Valve, hasn't it?

• Empathy 1

3 minutes ago, Stevie said:

All the talent has left Valve, hasn't it?

Someone hasn't played Alyx. :coffee:

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, Thor said:

Someone hasn't played Alyx. :coffee:

I mean, who has? :sherlock:

25 minutes ago, Stevie said:

I mean, who has? :sherlock:

Well, all the rest of RLLMUK got free Indexes and a copy of the game from Gabe directly.

He loves us.

hopefully it’s out in July! Or better yet drops straight after the trailer...

Release date is the 23 July according to a leak on the Xbox store. 

The trailer went up on Microsoft store and someone over on Reddit grabbed it before they took it down, it looks almost identical to the 2007 version.

4 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

The trailer went up on Microsoft store and someone over on Reddit grabbed it before they took it down, it looks almost identical to the 2007 version.

Yup, I think the USP is, "It's the same lovely-looking Crysis, but re-engineered to run on a potato".

On 20/04/2020 at 01:19, CarloOos said:

I thought Crysis 2 was a great game, tbh. Yeah it was completely different to the first one, but tactically it was still relatively open compared to other shooters. Had more of a FEAR 2 / Far Cry 3+ vibe going on with its mix of stealth and ferocious gunplay.

I thought both were good, with Crysis 3 having the potential to have been great, if they'd only developed it more. The bow is so good, it's the only thing you'll want to use :ph34r:

Why release it for PC when we can just get the original game, add a few mods and it'll look just the same, seems like a cash grab to me.

22 minutes ago, Matt Defis said:

Why release it for PC when we can just get the original game, add a few mods and it'll look just the same, seems like a cash grab to me.

Because it still runs wonky and crashes on modern PC's?

• Upvote 1

In 2 hours we’ll have a better quality trailer! Hopefully it’s 60fps as well as 4K on the One X

1 hour ago, Matt Defis said:

Because it was designed to run best on a 10Ghz single core CPU.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, bradigor said:

£26.99 on Switch. EA should take note!

:mellow: