rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
Revival

Crysis Remastered

From the makers of Far Cry, Hunt: Showdown and CRYENGINE, Crysis offers first person shooter fans the best-looking, evolved, and innovative gameplay, enabling players to adapt in real time to survive. Crysis Remastered brings new graphic features, high-quality textures, and the CRYENGINE's native hardware- and API-agnostic ray tracing solution for PC, PlayStation, Xbox, and – for the very first time – Nintendo Switch

dnTHPv5.jpg

--------------------

• Upvote 7

That image seems rather stretched. Nomad looks like he's got a few more ribs in him than is strictly necessary. 

Out for PC, PS4, Xbox One and....

Spoiler

Switch. No, seriously. :o

• Upvote 1

I wonder will the Remastered edition include the Ascension mission that was left out of the console versions.

Also, Warhead would be nice.

Suddenly the Switch version makes more sense. 

© 2020 Crytek GmbH. All rights reserved.
Crytek, CRYENGINE, Crysis, and the respective logos are trademarks or registered trademarks of the Crytek group in the EU, U.S. and/or other territories. All other trademarks are the property of their respective owners.

Looks like the rights have reverted to Crytek. So EA has nothing to do with it. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Oh for god’s sake you tedious unimaginative dullards. MAKE SOME NEW GAMES

Normally I would agree but surely this is the only way we'll ever get another game as good as the first Crysis again?

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone say they enjoyed Crysis. I'm not saying it wasn't a good game - I have no idea. Like everyone else I only played the first half hour after buying a new video card.

All anyone ever seems to talk about with Crysis is the graphics, to the point where it has basically been a tool to test how powerful your PC is for most of its existence. Even the marketing and reaction around this announcement is all about the graphics. What the hell is API agnostic ray tracing? 

Why is anyone getting excited about a remaster of something that for pretty much everyone was basically a tech demo? 

• Upvote 2
  • Empathy 2

The graphics were only the draw until you got “used“ to them; the best bits of the game come from the suit and the variety of ways you can approach objectives (both in terms of suit abilities and routes available in the open world.) Personally I liked a lot of cloaking but sometimes you had to switch back and forth between strength, speed etc as a situation rapidly went beyond your control.

I’m not going to get too defensive because I do think that the game starts to fall apart towards the end, but I don’t think that the graphics are the main appeal for everyone...

9 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

That's the first time I've ever seen anyone say they enjoyed Crysis. I'm not saying it wasn't a good game - I have no idea. Like everyone else I only played the first half hour after buying a new video card.

All anyone ever seems to talk about with Crysis is the graphics, to the point where it has basically been a tool to test how powerful your PC is for most of its existence. Even the marketing and reaction around this announcement is all about the graphics. What the hell is API agnostic ray tracing? 

Why is anyone getting excited about a remaster of something that for pretty much everyone was basically a tech demo? 

Crysis was a brilliant shooter, until the aliens showed up anyway. Almost up there with Halo.

This should be a remaster for the next gen consoles though, so they could really go to town with the graphics. Seems odd to bring it out at the end of this generation.

Good advert for Cryengine if they've got raytracing running on everything from Switch to Xbox One X. Developers will be able to count on including ray-tracing - and making good, impactful use of it - across multi-platform games. And surely it'll extend up to PS5 and Series X too.

8 minutes ago, RubberJohnny said:

Is there ever going to be a re release thread that isn't people going gaga for them?

If they bother you so much, you could just ignore them. 

Gaming preservation is important. And rereleases give another generation a chance to try something they might have missed. 

• Upvote 5

15 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

The first two thirds of Crysis 1 is one of my favourite games of all time. A brilliant, sandboxy stealth shooter that made you feel like the Predator once it all clicked. Up until the aliens show up, I can replay Crysis 1 endlessly. It's way up there with CE and FEAR for me.

• Upvote 7

6 minutes ago, JPL said:

Crysis was a brilliant shooter, until the aliens showed up anyway. Almost up there with Halo.

This should be a remaster for the next gen consoles though, so they could really go to town with the graphics. Seems odd to bring it out at the end of this generation.

Maybe they've got a new Crysis game for next-gen, and so this is getting the Crysis name and game back into people's head.

22 minutes ago, feltmonkey said:

What the hell is API agnostic ray tracing?

Means it runs on anything, as its software based built into the engine. And at the mo, i dont think it can even take advantage of raytracing hardware!

Funnily, i literally this morning downloaded the neon noir benchmark demo thing to have a look at it! its quite impressive, but at the same time, a little odd as everything has a weird almost back and forth flicker to the pixel next to it. But, still, impressive.

So will the Switch version just be the remastered version from last gen then?

I'm not expecting much of an overhaul on any platform tbh. 

I never found the actual game to be that good . I mean as. Showcase for your pc it was great . But as an actual game it was .. ok. 

2 hours ago, feltmonkey said:

Like others have said - the majority of the game is still absolutely brilliant. It's a genuinely fantastic open world shooter that can constantly surprise you in terms of how you approach objectives. I even liked the bits where the aliens suddenly appear - the battle before you bugger off the island in helicopter thing (facing off against the giant walker thing) was amazing.

The final parts are simply a straight forward shooter - they weren't especially bad, just completely linear - but there was still a lot to enjoy from a tech perspective. However, the end boss is a fucking nightmare of epic proportions and a colossal pain in the arse. The ending itself is shite too!

But, it's still a game I'll happily replay time and time again, because there's still nothing that can touch it when it's firing on all cylinders. 

• Empathy 1

45 minutes ago, Garwoofoo said:

Oh for god’s sake you tedious unimaginative dullards. MAKE SOME NEW GAMES

11 minutes ago, Mr Do 71 said:

Maybe they've got a new Crysis game for next-gen, and so this is getting the Crysis name and game back into people's head.

Exactly this. It doesn't mean that they're actually doing it, but the best way to gear up for a reboot/relaunch/revival of the series and get a new engine/tech up and running with some experience under your belt, is to remake the fan favourite entry for a new generation of players.

• Upvote 2

17 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The first two thirds of Crysis 1 is one of my favourite games of all time. A brilliant, sandboxy stealth shooter that made you feel like the Predator once it all clicked. Up until the aliens show up, I can replay Crysis 1 endlessly. It's way up there with CE and FEAR for me.

CE?

3 minutes ago, SeanR said:

CE?

Combat Evolved.

9 minutes ago, JPL said:

Combat Evolved.

don't be silly, no one calls it that... do they?

• Upvote 2

7 minutes ago, SeanR said:

Gerbik just did.

• Upvote 1

39 minutes ago, SeanR said:

You must be new here

2 hours ago, RubberJohnny said:

Is there ever going to be a re release thread that isn't people going gaga for them?

IMG_0345.JPG.3d8066a39e64cf551f3410673210d366.JPG

• Upvote 3