Resident Evil 8 (village?)

robdood

37 minutes ago, dumpster said:

We've been putting stone reliefs in walls, turning crank handles and finding keys for so long.

:wub: What you’re describing is utter bliss. I love the comfy slipper aspect of playing a good Resident Evil.

28 minutes ago, Calashnikov said:

:wub: What you’re describing is utter bliss. I love the comfy slipper aspect of playing a good Resident Evil.

Yep. And saying 6 is better than 8 is like saying you'd prefer if someone curled off a big shite in your comfy slipper. By the time you've played all of the campaigns you'll have enjoyed squelching it up through your toes as it drys and hardens, the aroma filling the room of wrongness that you occupy.

1 hour ago, Don Wiskerando said:

You've been here too long to be a Spainkiller alt but I think the mods should check just in case.

I've long maintained my enjoyment of Resi6.  I will continue to argue that if it had all new characters and was called anything other than 'Resident something' it would have been a well received game. At least on the PS4 where it runs at 60fps.  It's not the best Resident Evil but its a lot of fun.

I just finished this and enjoyed it but it felt a bit Uncharted 3 where they designed the set pieces first and then tied it all together. Everything felt so separate. The individual characters/villains were good but it really blew its load on the first castle, I really enjoyed that part. It then became a bit derivative and whilst the 2nd and 3rd parts were good first time round, they are really one shots that don’t hold up much to repeat play throughs. I also thought the graphical quality varied wildly, as if the design had been done by different teams, the castle was again great and the characters within lifelike. But Some such as Ethan’s wife were poorly drawn and looked PS3 era. 

I enjoyed it overall but all it did was make me want to play RE4 again

On 02/09/2021 at 19:35, erhgiez said:

Everything felt so separate. The individual characters/villains were good but it really blew its load on the first castle.

The first time my mate and I played RE1 back in 1996 we came to the bit where Barry and Jill (I think) were talking in the main area of the mansion when they hear the off screen gun shot. My mate said "He's shot his load!" and we pissed ourselves laughing. Funny the things you remember and cherish isn't it? Happy days...

On 02/09/2021 at 19:35, erhgiez said:

I just finished this and enjoyed it but it felt a bit Uncharted 3 where they designed the set pieces first and then tied it all together. Everything felt so separate. The individual characters/villains were good but it really blew its load on the first castle, I really enjoyed that part. It then became a bit derivative and whilst the 2nd and 3rd parts were good first time round, they are really one shots that don’t hold up much to repeat play throughs. I also thought the graphical quality varied wildly, as if the design had been done by different teams, the castle was again great and the characters within lifelike. But Some such as Ethan’s wife were poorly drawn and looked PS3 era. 

I enjoyed it overall but all it did was make me want to play RE4 again

The visuals were wildly inconsistent. Those big branch things at the end moving around at 30fps was just weird, and it definitely felt like something primarily designed for PS4 (I mean, it was basically Revelations 3 before they realised they could polish the fucker up and ship it as a full price game).

The ray-traced reflections were utterly hilarious, too. That water. Good god.

I didn't hate my time with it, but a faster-paced game with RE7's controls and movement speed was not the way to go at all. The Stronghold area was pure torture simply because it felt shit to fight about ten werewolves.

Fuck werewolves.