Animal Crossing 'Open Islands' Contest - Final RESULTS now being posted - currently showing 1st place

1 minute ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'll be on again in about an hour and will visit you then pranny.

cool, will close up and drop by yours in that hour ! Let me know if you change the code or you can just open open normally I can drop in

1 hour ago, Uncle Mike said:

I'm closed now, as I'm playing a game of PlayStation golf with my Dad. But will be back up and running an hour from now. Will post and tag you, and we can cross-visit?

1 hour ago, mrpranny said:

Cool just thought I could roll in while you're away. But will be about in a hour then. Will leave mine open till then

Ok nice. She will also visit you guys then too. Keep us posted when open.

I think 4 people so far have visited Mrs Skittles. 

I think I've now visited everyone and everyone has been to me, so I'll send some photos and votes later this weekend when I get to a computer. Thanks all for coming over, and also everyone has amazing islands.

11 hours ago, bimbam said:

@skittles and @letsbook I’m open now if you want to visit, guided or unguided whichever you prefer

Could we try again today please? We went to bed early so missed it. 

We have visited so far

Uncle Mike

Mrpranny

JamesH

I think we need to see letsbook and bimbam and we are good?

4 hours ago, skittles said:

Could we try again today please? We went to bed early so missed it. 

We have visited so far

Uncle Mike

Mrpranny

JamesH

I think we need to see letsbook and bimbam and we are good?

I am jamesh and we’ve seen each other so all good

@letsbook think it’s just you that needs to come to mine then all sorted, will open in about 30 mins and leave it open as will be away sorry.

45 minutes ago, letsbook said:

Hey all,

We’re online and ready to visit bimbam, mrpranny, Uncle Mike or James.
Happy to open for Mrs Skittles and mrpranny as well.

Open on dodo code 1N4YQ, will be away as decorating daughters (real life) rooms

If disconnected by the time you get chance to come let me know, will keep checking it’s still up and running

jamesh - Ellijess

Enjoy :)

6 minutes ago, skittles said:

Ok I think we have visited everyone and I think everyone has visited us... Pls let us know if we missed someone !

Write up and screen shots coming. :)

Same here. Message me if you need to visit please!

Thanks all for your votes. Just waiting on Mrs @skittles now and then we can move on to the results!

Also, sorry for being crap at visiting anyone's islands - I haven't got much of an excuse except to say that juggling WFH and looking after a young baby during lockdown means that organising visiting times I can commit to isn't particularly easy. Thankfully, the write ups and screenshots people have sent me have given me an insight into what makes these islands so special :)

Onto the results!

In third place, the Open Islands bronze award goes to...

Spoiler

@bimbam and his island ellijess!

bronze-hha-trophy.4b63f7d.png

Ellijess earned a first place vote from Mrs @skittles:

Jamesh's island wins! It's well planned out with lots of unexpected spots. I love how he leaves some places absolutely au naturel. The museum's outdoor posters and art displays were thoughtful and fun. The maze that leads you to a little rest stop up in the cliffs was a really great experience where I got to run around and admire the scenery and waterfalls. I especially loved the kids' houses too, they were really cute and fun to visit. 

From @mrpranny:

His island looks like it was made by nintendo themselves. Really well spaced separate areas with the skeletons of dinosaurs tying it all together , using them as arches and such. Its a very neat and brilliant island

And from @Uncle Mike:

I really liked bimbam's island, with its maze, it's lovely areas, and all the passages and routes. 

Pictures:

Spoiler

image.png.4abb248c81136cee88164659c7e23b59.png

image.png.526a9558d1d3b1f539db2f4ad849ac45.png

image.png.63b63451ebaeb0d3f9a692d663ffd643.png

image.png.e1154c20c4a7c88dc51f172cbb5ca9a7.png

Congratulations! :)