Animal Crossing 'Open Islands' Contest - Final RESULTS now being posted - currently showing 1st place

I’ll take that considering the competition, thanks for the votes & comments.

Its been good fun and a little family project to keep busy the last few weeks, have really enjoyed getting ready, having people visit and seeing some other great islands

Thanks @Jamie John for organising 

(Sorry for the delay!)

In second place, the Open Islands silver award goes to...

Spoiler

@mrpranny and his island Tiffin!

silver-hha-trophy.7a2c1ac.png

Tiffin earned a 1st place vote from @Uncle Mike:

A rural getaway...A lovely wilderness.

@bimbam:

I loved the big middle area and trails with the red flowers and bamboo

Mrs @skittles:

MrPranny's island had everything you could want - a beautiful bamboo forest, a space section where you could see a space shuttle (bet it's pretty at night), and flowers everywhere! 

Congratulations! :) 

And finally, in first place, the winner of the inaugural Animal Crossing New Horizons Open Islands Contest and recipient of the GOLD award goes to...

Spoiler

Miao (aka Mrs @skittles)!

gold-hha-trophy.665064b.png

image.png.b767584aab8d715bccc8b9846ed4061d.png

Miao's island got a 1st place vote from @mrpranny:

I'm putting Mrs Skittles top . It is the most consistently themed island and house. Personally that is what I find good and difficult to acheive. Making the same colour scheme work across the board and across the house while not repeating objects. Just relying on filling in the colour variances with personal designs and recoloured items is a skill. Its an island you are left wanting to exist in and that's what set it apart for me. "I need to buy real estate here!! "Is the overriding requirement I was looking for for a winner.

And a 1st place vote from @bimbam as well:

her house - especially the kitchen was amazing, and some really nice areas and details outside made the autumn colours pop even more

Pictures courtesy of Bimbam:

Spoiler

image.png.749f550857eaaf7d3afbe340a40cb3b8.png

image.png.2385c3a3d9e08327cfd782ef35524dc3.png

image.png.a84b16aaec2f2dd6e8fd77234acf32bd.png

Congratulations! :) 

Special mention to @Uncle Mike, whose island Mrs Letsbook awarded 1st place:

Lovely town shared with his wife. Love the collaboration and joint effort in creating a fun island. Really loved his wife’s house, mostly the main area, the study and how awesome is having a club right at the start of the island? Finally, the museum entrance is cool too. 

Pictures:

Spoiler

image.png.830a2bc3bfa20afec74fb32b5f0f1c39.png

image.png.75fea205a8c002b2516ecb633033da91.png

image.png.1563e548a516262cd5ff9f8da371b03d.png

From bimbam:

Uncle Mike's has some great areas, I love the house and my daughter loved the disco area

From @mrpranny:

His island was a lot like Jamesh in quality and well sized individual areas. It feels like a lot of his personal favourite stuff is in there . The basketball court and the little club as you enter. Also his house and especially his partner's  house are really top standard! Again it would have been on my top three if the general standard wasnt so damn high!

From Mrs @skittles:

Kate and Mike's island and their two separate houses were really good as well. I loved that they had a nightclub and a dîner, and there was even a science lab in Kate's house! The spa was a great retreat where you could get a stone bath, step into a hot tub, or simply relax in a cypress bath.

Special mention as well to Mrs @letsbook.

From Mrs @skittles:

SweetPea's place is really consistently pretty. The pink thème runs throughout the island, from the outdoor flowers to the decor inside her home. My favourite room has to be the kitchen, with its' pink dîner wall and peach chairs. It's simply charming. The bedroom, or boudoir, as she describes it, had great ambience. There were cherry blossoms on the floor and a cute pink bed to match.

From @bimbam:

If it was up to my daughter then letsbook’s wife would have won, she really liked the pink theme through the whole island and house

And from @mrpranny:

Pink is all across this island from the well positioned pink floor lights by waterfalls, pink starfish and silver/ pink shells to the whole house design. Like Mrs Skittles it all feels new in each area, not repeated. Thanks to varied texturing and items and skillful placement and fencing. Again areas where you want to sit and chill out

And, finally finally, a special mention to @NexivRed.

From mrpranny:

Her island is well known on the forum for being something else. It transcends what I thought was possible in this game , sending you on winding parts through many varied , interesting areas that you actually want to stop and look at. You can see its all her interests and loves like with Mike's place. Very personal  and a window into the imagination. Love that.

---

That's a wrap! Thanks to everyone who took part. If there's still as many people playing later in the year then we can always do a second competition. Hopefully the online island visiting will have been streamlined a bit more by then so we can make the format more accessible for other contestants/visitors.

I demand a recount !! I am too high up !!That's very nice of yous to put me second, really was not expecting that. I honestly came away from everyone else's islands feeling I can do so much more with textures and lots of things( though my main paths ate up about 80% of my textures :3 so kinda screwed myself) Congrats to BimBam and Mrs Skittles and everyone!