Jump to content
IGNORED

Animal Crossing Turnip Exchange


bradigor
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Exidor said:

Ah, the fickle ups and downs of the stalk market. Emptied my nip sack in @strawdonkey's cranny at 452, now the little weasels in mine are offering 569.

 

I'll open the gates and stick it up on Turnip Exchange after work if anyone wants in.


If possible, I’d like to come and drop my nips in your Nooks Cranny please :)

 

Will it be Dodo code entry or shall I befriend you?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

The stalk market is the worst thing in the game for me. If I was the producer Tezuka I'd rip it out completely; it even manages to gets worse the more social the game is (with each installment Animal Crossing has become gradually more social/multiplayer enabled). It undoes so much of their work too, like the pacing, peacefulness and more gradual, organic moneymaking through every other means. I mean any balance or progression is out of the window in the first two weeks, now. I'm seeing people frantically sitting through enraging arrival/departure stutter fests and flocking to someone's island for capitalist shortcuts instead of jolly sightseeing. Animal Crossing has always been about accumulation and greed with all the desired furniture and the like, but a dead-eyed facsimile of an ingame stock market tips it over into the explicit. 

I think it allows those who are dedicated to the game to reach advanced areas of the game quicker, and those more casual players can keep it drip fed.  I was annoyed enough waiting until today to have the ability to make paths unlock.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Exidor said:

PMs have gone out to everyone who asked. If anyone else wants to sell for 569, I've set up a queue here. If you've got space, bring your fossils along for swapsies.

 

Been, sold, tip left, gone.

 

Thanks very much for opening up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Rob Rule said:

The stalk market is the worst thing in the game for me. If I was the producer Tezuka I'd rip it out completely; it even manages to gets worse the more social the game is (with each installment Animal Crossing has become gradually more social/multiplayer enabled). It undoes so much of their work too, like the pacing, peacefulness and more gradual, organic moneymaking through every other means. I mean any balance or progression is out of the window in the first two weeks, now. I'm seeing people frantically sitting through enraging arrival/departure stutter fests and flocking to someone's island for capitalist shortcuts instead of jolly sightseeing. Animal Crossing has always been about accumulation and greed with all the desired furniture and the like, but a dead-eyed facsimile of an ingame stock market tips it over into the explicit. 

 

Totally agree with this - at its core this is the same old classic AC but its got this rotten core of grinding and turnips that have turned it from something that unfolds for all at a glacial pace to something else.

 

Turnips worked beautifully when it was just you vs your Nook, you bought a few most weeks dreaming of a nice mark up once in a while. Now people are buying as many as they can carry every Sunday then frantically searching for the peak island to sell at, via the attrocious visiting system. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

47 minutes ago, Exidor said:

PMs have gone out to everyone who asked. If anyone else wants to sell for 569, I've set up a queue here. If you've got space, bring your fossils along for swapsies.


I didn’t have a huge number to sell but still made about 330k. Left a tip and swapped a couple of fossils. Thanks for opening up.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

50 minutes ago, Exidor said:

PMs have gone out to everyone who asked. If anyone else wants to sell for 569, I've set up a queue here. If you've got space, bring your fossils along for swapsies.


Thanks very much! Got in and out nice, quick and easy! Also left a big tip. Much appreciated!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Exidor said:

PMs have gone out to everyone who asked. If anyone else wants to sell for 569, I've set up a queue here. If you've got space, bring your fossils along for swapsies.

Thank you, that was so painless. Joined, got code immediately (before even gathering my turnips) arrived and sold, left tip and ran. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I think it can work it out. It seems to know how many people are on the island and stuff.

 

Anyway, demand's tailing off now and the mrs wants to catch some pokemons so I'll close the queue in a bit. I can open up later on if anyone's desperate. Thanks to everyone for the tips - I ended up making more from that than I did from selling my own turnips :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Exidor said:

I think it can work it out. It seems to know how many people are on the island and stuff.

 

Anyway, demand's tailing off now and the mrs wants to catch some pokemons so I'll close the queue in a bit. I can open up later on if anyone's desperate. Thanks to everyone for the tips - I ended up making more from that than I did from selling my own turnips :)


Just added myself to the queue in case you’re still letting folks in now :)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.