rllmuk
PK

Valorant - F2P competitive FPS by Riot - out now!

3 hours ago, vezna said:

Still a brilliant game although even more so than the beta I’m seeing quitters in every match. Far from ideal but that aspect is bound to improve. 

I had a quitter in a game of Spike Rush. And those are only 10 minutes long :/

I've just realised that you can buy armour, that would explain why I found it so hard to kill people after the first round.

1 hour ago, artz said:

I've just realised that you can buy armour, that would explain why I found it so hard to kill people after the first round.

It's all about the little breakthroughs like that. I try to take light armour in the Econ rounds, simply because even the +25 HP can save your neck and win you a firefight.

have to say after spending a few days with this its absolute gaming crack. Not since CSGO has anything grabbed me like this has. 

The depth is astonishing and its just so well designed.

• Upvote 1

It’s pretty much perfect. Even when everything falls apart in a round it’s still oddly enjoyable. 

I’m enjoying messing about with Cypher. His abilities are quite compelling, especially when you get the camera onto a good spot.

This is great. Turning off the 'agent flavour' audio removes my biggest complaint.

Quitters are my biggest complaint. Last game I played last night ended up as 3 vs 3. They also need to get ranked going as unsurprisingly there are a few toxic players about. The report function is pretty good to be fair to Riot. 

22 minutes ago, vezna said:

Quitters are my biggest complaint. Last game I played last night ended up as 3 vs 3. They also need to get ranked going as unsurprisingly there are a few toxic players about. The report function is pretty good to be fair to Riot. 

I have had a couple of matches with randoms who are just utter scumbags. How you could come out with such vile language and racism just beggars belief. 13 rounds with people like that is tough. At least the report system is up and running.

What's the thinking behind giving the winners of a round more money than the losers? Doesn't this exacerbate any skill mismatches?

1 hour ago, Dave White said:

I have had a couple of matches with randoms who are just utter scumbags. How you could come out with such vile language and racism just beggars belief. 13 rounds with people like that is tough. At least the report system is up and running.

They were pretty good about clamping down on it during the beta, hopefully that won't just have been because of the amount of scrutiny the game was under from people watching Twitch to get access.

• Upvote 1

Given the history of Riot and toxic players (and apparently in the workplace) they're not going to fuck about when it comes to quashing people like that. They don't want the bad press.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, artz said:

What's the thinking behind giving the winners of a round more money than the losers? Doesn't this exacerbate any skill mismatches?

Dominating economy is part of the CS-style competitive gameplay. You do get gradually more money per round when you're on a losing streak, though, but you're always going to be at an economic disadvantage unless you're getting kills/winning rounds.

They could probably do with a more casual game mode halfway between Unrated and Spike Rush. CS:GO's casual mode always gives you free armour, which means you can buy guns pretty much no matter what happened the previous round.

Reyna is a ludicrous character, I must unlock her ASAP

• Upvote 1

Gross.

I'll be joining you in dropping this for the foreseeable, then. At least they've launched an investigation - but of course the outcome of that will be critical.

I just have no idea how you can be so dumbfuck stupid to share something like that on Facebook when you can see everything going on in the world.

• Upvote 1

He’s a corporate executive rather than a member of the dev team. He’ll clearly get canned as there’s absolutely no other option. 

He's resigned.

Ron Johnson is no longer employed at Riot Games.

The sentiment expressed in the image in question is abhorrent and runs directly counter to our values and our belief that addressing systemic racism requires immediate societal change, something that we’re committed to working toward.

As we shared last week, Riot is taking thoughtful and deliberate action to help combat racism and injustice in the communities where we work and live. To start, we’re committing $1 million to areas where we know we can make an impact, including justice reform, long-term solutions to address racial bias, and support for local Black-owned businesses. We’re also striving to change the face of our industry and create opportunities, including by investing $10 million in founders underrepresented in the games industry and helping create a future pipeline of underrepresented talent for the gaming and tech world.

We know there is much work to be done, and we vow to do our part.

https://www.pcgamer.com/uk/riot-games-executive-under-internal-investigation-for-george-floyd-comments/

Resigned or was fired, depending on where you look, although I'm not sure there's much of a difference with executives in situations like this. Honestly, their response seems to be a decent one - much faster than when they were all revealed to be a bunch of sexists; but I guess with everything going on right now they had absolutely no choice but to move swiftly. It's good that their statements have been unequivocal in their condemnation of Johnson's post. 

It looks like ranks have arrived. What were you all given?

I've not done my placements yet, mostly because I don't want to sit in the room that I keep the computer for a second longer than I have to.

My prediction is Iron 1, however.

I'm actually finding my performance in the game to be massively inconsistent at the moment, and it feels like I'm far too often top or bottom fragging, even from game to game.

And the algorithm gods have spoken... Iron 1! The only way is up.

I just had a game with the most toxic player I've encountered so far. Usually when the enemy have a good round, I'll 'wp' them, or something - but every time I did it this one player was all "yeah I know u suck, kys".

Even his own team were taking the piss out of him towards the end in All.

Didn't manage to get any placements games in today as I ended up grouping with somebody who hadn't done his 20, so I've still got 4 to go.

One of my placing matches was with this very young sounding Bronze placed in with a bunch of Iron and Unrated. You could hear the poor lad getting more and more down as we kept getting wiped out.

"Please stop dying so quickly guys :(".

I'm loving this, it's reminding me so much of my old CS days. Me and two of my friends who used to play CS have begun playing it.

Still getting my head around the abilities. Gravitating towards Jett at the moment.

Just tried this for the first time and was reminded of how important it is to know your maps and weapons in these kind of games. 
After a bit of trial and error with the weapons I found a couple I was comfortable with and turned my 0:5 K:D ratio to 7:5 in two rounds and ended up with a final ratio of 23:8 in the fifteen rounds we played. Still don’t know squat about the special or secondsy skills, I’ve only used primary fire so far.

Love the feel of the controls and the actual shooting feels refreshingly on point. 
I don’t know how the community is but it seemed like I was the only non Russian on my team and it all felt a bit toxic. I’m very hopeful about this as first impressions were rather good.

Think we need to get some rllmuk games going on this - it absolutely sings when you are playing in a squad, but is pretty frustrating playing alone.

I have finally got a rank. I am... Iron 3, which is better than my Beta placement of Iron 1. It does keep sticking me in games full of high bronze/low silver players, so perhaps my MMR is a little higher than that?