rllmuk
Alex W.

Nate Dogg is leaving Edge

I hope the last thing you do before you leave Edge towers is to reappraise RDR2 and give it the correct score.

ONLY JOKING!

All the best in your future endeavours.

Yeah, Edge has been on a strong run, especially at the start of the generation. I subscribed a few times over the last decade, and usually ended up picking it up when I wasn't. There's been some entertaining controversies over scoring too.

Good luck for the future @Nate Dogg III, you were extremely polite given some of the absurd criticism Edge is subjected to, but I suspect Edge are aware it's part of the fun.

• Upvote 1

Fun fact. This forum used to be the Edge forums.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, Capwn said:

Fun fact. This forum used to be the Edge forums.

except it wasn't.  This forum was created when the Edge forums closed in 2003. 

• Upvote 8

To be fair, the meaning of 'fact' has changed pretty dramatically in the last few years.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, Hyper P said:

One of EDGE's best editoral runs under @Nate Dogg III. Best of luck for future endeavours and thanks for all the hard work!

Definitely. Hopefully his replacement will continue on that course. 

Best of luck, Nate!

Yeah, cheers, Nate. And thanks for taking part in the edge topics in here.

• Upvote 1

Nine bloody years! That flew by. All the very best, young man. 

Good luck. Enjoyed reading over the past few years. 

1 hour ago, joffocakes said:

They'd probably realise it wasn't you when you turn up for the interview though?

Bugger.

Yeah best of luck Nate, as others have said, it’s been a great run and my personal favourite “era” of Edge.

As most websites just chase news headlines nowadays, Edge has been the only place to stop, think and take a look at the wider industry.

Stuff like analysis of the big company strategies, articles that paint a picture of what it’s like to work at both big and small studios and the great interviews with devs going over their personal CV’s, there really is nothing else like it out there and I really hope it carries on much the same. 

Good luck being a pro Puzzles and Dragons player on Twitch!

• Upvote 2

Best games magazine available. Good luck with everything. 

Bravo, Nate. I've become a digital subscriber in the last few years and it's something I look forward to every month. All the best with what comes next. 

Posted (edited)

its been 2 years and... 3 weeks since I cancelled by edge subscription. After... when was issue 20?

but that was on me, and not a reflection on the editor 

[edit]
sorry, sounthing gane up. My dinner as it happens... anyway I was going to say that by my reckoning @Nate Dogg III’s editorial tenure coincided with the most accessible the magazine had ever been. Gone was the “future of videogame entertainment”, the tech nerd idolisation of “graphics to die for” And it also swept aside the dry navel-gazing of the “are video games art?” era of the magazine, with polemic, and editorials, and opinion pieces.

anyway, what I wanted to say before the interruption is that one day,

your stewardship of Edge will be looked upon as among the best since Tony Mott, and I can’t think of a any higher praise.

thanks.

Edited by SeanR

Congratunathans and best of luck, Nate!

latest?cb=20130126134939

• Upvote 7