IGNORED

Automobilista 2

SharkyOB

1 hour ago, Dimahoo said:

That roco brake sensitivity seems really high on that track. 

Yes, it can lock the wheels pretty easily...  you can see in my vid that I smoke the rears under high speed braking in turn three.     

I tried to use 'delicate ballet feet' (tm) rather than stomp on the pedal as I'd usually do in ACC and it was generally all good.  I haven't yet investigated AMS2's car tuning settings.   There's bound to be something in there to tweak it.

Its quite the circuit with its 2 blind and flat corners (although they're more like not gradual curves!).

The second corner before the dog leg sections had me stumped until i realised you floor it hard early out of there.

The second dog leg is a killer too - flat out through it then straight down to 2nd for the finish straight alll the while the car is shaking like mad!

Update for AMS2 inbound.  It includes the (free!) addition of current spec F1 cars (under a different title - because licensing).

Nice. 

I'm also keeping an eye on the RaceDepartment Skins collection - as I'm sure the 2022 F1 teams will be posted there shortly after the update drops.  The previous F-Ultimate skin pack for the 2020 season from there is great too:  F1 2020 skinpack

image.thumb.png.c2fb76f152ad49f654110e4864533a0c.png

Just got this downloaded again last night, took hours on my horribly slow internet but excited to try the F1 cars. 

22 hours ago, Valver said:

The F1 skins for the new Gen 2 cars are starting to arrive   Here's a pack with Ferrari, Red Bull and Aston Martin:  https://www.racedepartment.com/downloads/f1-2022-skinpack-for-the-f-ultimate-gen-2.50129/

e.g

image.thumb.png.358f85b5d97c9c272feffbbb4d81a3b1.png

This looks great!

1 hour ago, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Just got this downloaded again last night, took hours on my horribly slow internet but excited to try the F1 cars. 

This looks great!

That pack is being updated daily - it now contains the Mercedes cars too.  Wont be long before the whole 2022 grid is included...

Looking forward to seeing some more practice times on @davejm's AMS2 server (for the Roco, not the F1 cars)   C'mon @Meers and @EuroVapeSim2lets have at it! 

Dave is there any easy way to delete my erroneous MRX Duratec time from the leaderboard?

image.png.064a74065ea640c5dfef38de44178a08.png

3 minutes ago, Valver said:

C'mon @Meers and @EuroVapeSim2lets have at it!

So...little...time...

I've downloaded the game on Saturday. Still need to set up the graphics, HUD and FFB. Hopefully I can get some time to do that before Thursday.

Hey chaps, don't suppose we could change this week's race to Wednesday?  It's a friends birthday Thursday so I'm out to dinner.  There's an element of unknown to how the server works for setting up the races; so I think I'd need to be around.  If we all can't make it on Wednesday no worries, I'd attempt to set the server up for Thursday and then if you have any bother you could just create an ad-hoc ACC race or something.

I might even be able to join in if it's Weds this week, as it goes, we don't leave til the day after. And I realised I mucked up my dates so next week I can race the Lambo but it's the following week (noooo, I miss the Porsche Cup 😢) that I'm out again.

11 minutes ago, milko said:

I might even be able to join in if it's Weds this week, as it goes, we don't leave til the day after.

This. Me too. If you are going to Denmark, lets grab a beer !

ahah, a little less exciting, I'm back to North Wales to see the folks. Gotta maximise the grandparent/grandchild time while it's still appealing to the little oik. Whereabouts are you going? 

2 hours ago, milko said:

I might even be able to join in if it's Weds this week, as it goes, we don't leave til the day after. And I realised I mucked up my dates so next week I can race the Lambo but it's the following week (noooo, I miss the Porsche Cup 😢) that I'm out again.

Got an idea... :)

@mrben09 - setting some nice times there and getting a good number of laps in - how you finding the car/track/new game then?

Nice to practice with/race against @milko and @Meers tonight.  Great fun.

This car is like a little go kart - lots of sliding under power on the way out of corners, with lovely throttle adjustability.  Not like the GT3s at all.

The fuel consumption rates dont seem to tally with what it predicts in the garage at all though.  Mine is way higher!

Also, following a car at high speed through those first turns, you loose aero grip - I seemed to run wide, where you can normally take that second flat out right easily

image.png.f39e9c226bc357c8d59088e3f0ecd592.png

1 hour ago, Valver said:

@mrben09 - setting some nice times there and getting a good number of laps in - how you finding the car/track/new game then?

Nice to practice with/race against @milko and @Meers tonight.  Great fun.

This car is like a little go kart - lots of sliding under power on the way out of corners, with lovely throttle adjustability.  Not like the GT3s at all.

The fuel consumption rates dont seem to tally with what it predicts in the garage at all though.  Mine is way higher!

Also, following a car at high speed through those first turns, you loose aero grip - I seemed to run wide, where you can normally take that second flat out right easily

That was a lot of fun. Proving that we can go two-wide flat out through turn one was amusing. 

I had to dial back the FFB a lot on this game, I dunno but it must be set up to default to some weedy wheels. The HUD is pretty weird too, could probably do with spending some time figuring out how to configure that better for VR.

Anyway. Yes, a most amusing car. Not having a GT3's ABS took a little getting used to but it's very fun to drive and balance on the throttle as you say. It doesn't like it if you let a wheel get out onto the grass, does it.

16 hours ago, milko said:

ahah, a little less exciting, I'm back to North Wales to see the folks. Gotta maximise the grandparent/grandchild time while it's still appealing to the little oik. Whereabouts are you going? 

Copenhagen for the long weekend (or most of it anyway ) . No plans apart from Tivoli gardens on Friday and we have a table booked in a pub on Thursday evening to witness the grisly end of West Ham's European Tour. 

Oh nice. I’d like to go there properly some time, my only Copenhagen visit was a day trip for a meeting in the Carlsberg HQ. Didn’t really get to see any sights beyond what could be seen from the airport taxi. 

@davejm  So are we confirmed racing tonight then? 

Any thoughts on the format of the race itself?  I thought a couple of sprint races might be a good idea.  I'm not sure any of us have a clue how pitstops work in this game yet, so maybe we should avoid those.

I *think* AMS2 lets you fill grid slots with AI cars in multiplayer races.  It could be amusing to put a sprinkling of other cars on the grid.  I have no idea what levels of skill we'd want them set to.

Yeah definitely confirmed as racing tonight :)  I won't be able to have a play around with the server in advance, so let's all aim to be on for 8 and then we can set it up for a race session and see what happens.  We could try with the AI cars if I can find the setting :)

I can race tonight, but I'd like to go to bed early too. Last night around midnight my son had a nightmare and wouldn't get back to sleep. I think I've seen half past 4 on my clock before I caught some sleep again. Had to get up at 6 so I'm a bit knackered. A 'maybe' for tonight for me then.

As for AMS2...I like it better now (lovely graphics!). The handling is great, but (and this may be just me) there's little feedback from the tyres in this game I find. Plenty on the road surface and suspension, but I miss the tyre grip feedback. Great fun with the guys on track last night, albeit for a short while.

3 minutes ago, SneakyNinja said:

8pm - on your test server @davejm? (Rather than a simgp hosted one)

I'm guessing @davejm may have to restart his server a few times to get the right settings dialled in for any race(s)  So I'd suggest we also all hop on the regular ACC Discord voicechat channel so we can co-ordinate  there?

As a side note, annoyingly, simracing.gp lists AMS2 race support as "coming soon", so we cant use that for our server tonight...

Just now, EuroVapeSim2 said:

Not sure I'll be able to make it yet, have to see if I'm home from work and had dinner before race start.

We'll likely just be doing a series of short races as I'll be experimenting the server setup etc; so even if you do get on late still pop along :)

Ooh, if we are mucking about in a few, I suggest we also try some stock cars or otherwise banger race type cars, I had a little blat around in some of those when I first got ams2 and it was fun. A bit of contact-not-discouraged racing could be a laugh so long as it's not all vicious punting.