The original Automobilista was released in 2016 and is one of the most highly regarded driving sims ever released.  The new game has just released into a short early access phase on Steam at a discounted price of £24.99.  As a side note, it's only come out in early access due to the Covid-19 crisis, which has affected their ability to get everything finished on time and the main release will be 1 or 2 months from now.  There is a crazy expensive season pass (£71.99!!), but you can ignore that as the game is pretty much feature complete and contains a crazy amount of content already.

It's primarily based on the Brazilian racing scene, where the developers Reiza are based, but the new game contains content from all sorts of international racing disciplines.  It's got racing trucks!

Cars (and Trucks!):

image.thumb.png.dc365dc57a499b6b42aaffd88e9b3190.png

Tracks:

image.thumb.png.11fb572688ee7a5c9aa66ce544061804.png

Here's a link to the Reiza forum post for current content, as the image is hard to read here:

https://forum.reizastudios.com/threads/automobilista-2-all-cars-and-tracks-currently-in-the-game-beta3.8704/

And this is just what's available now, there's more to be added during early access.

The game is based on the same engine as Project Cars 2, so has all the same great weather/time-of-day features, but has been hugely tweaked by the devs and already has excellent force feedback/AI etc and is fully VR compatible too.  I'm very impressed with it so far, driving the 90s F1 car at Suzuka felt pretty special for example.  Anyone else interested or getting it?

I wondered for far too long why Capcom would give the development of a sequel to a Brazilian developer. Turns out, my brain read the title as Auto Modelista. Still does.

12 minutes ago, df0 said:

I wondered for far too long why Capcom would give the development of a sequel to a Brazilian developer. Turns out, my brain read the title as Auto Modelista. Still does.

As does mine.

I'm a little disappointed there's no cel shading in this thread. :(

Looks interesting, great selection of cars and tracks there. The caterham looks like it has 6 wheels on a phone screen! Might get it even though I’ve not been playing stuff like this much lately.