rllmuk
gospvg

Playstation Plus Apr 2020. Uncharted 4 & DIRT Rally 2.0

I did get a gun within a couple of minutes after that post but dear god is there a lot of cutscene.   I think I might finally, maybe another 30 minutes after that, got to the point the game starts.

Lots of server errors whilst playing Dirt Rally 2, it's tough but good fun. I did managed to complete my first event but had no choice & finished last because I could not repair my engine.

I'm still making my way through Uncharted 1 to 3 from when they were free on PS Plus. Obviously have much more time to do that now so I'm looking forward to playing 4. I know it's remastered but Uncharted 3 looks amazing for a game that's nearly a decade old! Overall I've enjoyed the series but I am starting to get bored of the same types of set pieces over and over. I've heard 4 resolves that somewhat though? 

@CGB It's more patient and character-driven but very similar fundamentals. It's my personal favourite of the series, it does seem nicely balanced to my tastes and I'm not that into the shooting gallery stuff, really. 

Not sure if it’s a glitch but uncharted gave me two options for download I chose the second option and it took me to the PlayStation store and completed a purchase where it charged me £0

dirt just added to my library like normal ps plus games 

1 hour ago, Stanshall said:

@CGB It's more patient and character-driven but very similar fundamentals. It's my personal favourite of the series, it does seem nicely balanced to my tastes and I'm not that into the shooting gallery stuff, really. 

Thanks, sounds exactly like what I'm after, I'm excited to play it! 

4 hours ago, denisb said:

Not sure if it’s a glitch but uncharted gave me two options for download I chose the second option and it took me to the PlayStation store and completed a purchase where it charged me £0

dirt just added to my library like normal ps plus games 

Thats what I did. Otherwise I'd not have been able to add it to my library.

I think the side benefit is that I own it now, regardless of PS+ maybe.

PSA for wheel users - out of the box, Dirt Rally 2 is more or less unplayable. You really need to go into your wheel settings and calibrate the wheel, and the option to do so is well camouflaged. 

Go to the controller selection screen and you should see two entries at the top left - your DualShock and your wheel. You can click on the name of the wheel with X to bring up some pages of settings - however calibrate isn’t one of them! Instead you need to press Triangle. The icon is there but it’s all the way at the opposite corner of the screen where you probably wouldn’t look. 

In the calibration screen it tells you to turn your wheel to full lock. Don’t do that. Instead turn it to about 135° (if your right hand starts at 3 o’clock, bring it round left to about 10 o’clock) then click through. It’ll then ask you to set 90° and this one should actually be at 90.

This way you can keep both hands on the wheel and get a decent amount of steering input. On the default settings the car just will not turn unless you crank the wheel round and round like you’re doing three-point turns.

• Upvote 5

What @bumgut said. I booted up my Uncharted 4 save to go through individual levels on Crushing.

Great I thought as Chapter 3 was loading. Queue twenty minutes of swimming about doing fuck all then pressing triangle a few times, followed by some more triangle pressing. Interactive cut-scene would be a generous description. Self-indulgent wank is more accurate.

Chapter 4 next, looking at stuff in an attic. There’s a good game hidden in there somewhere, but it has more padding than Krystal Carrington’s shoulder pads.

I didn't mind those 2 too much, the attic is a nice retrospective after all but I do suspect there's a lot of fake jeopardy in chapter 3.

Like it keeps going "You're low on oxygen!".  I bet I could fuck off for 3 days and he'd be fine

@Dudley There isn’t even a remaining oxygen bar! You could have paused the game on the day of release and he’d still be floating there now waiting for someone to press triangle

• Upvote 1

Couldn’t get on with Uncharted 4 at all. The first hour I was bored rigid. I gave up on Uncharted 2 once the stealth section started, but assumed it was just because I was LTTP and the gameplay had dated, but now I just think this franchise isn’t offering anything I’m interested in. Nathan Drake may be the worst protagonist in a high profile gaming franchise.

I loved TLOU and Tomb Raider reboot though.

3 hours ago, womblingfree said:

@Dudley There isn’t even a remaining oxygen bar! You could have paused the game on the day of release and he’d still be floating there now waiting for someone to press triangle

Well, that is how pause traditionally works.

• Upvote 1

Fair point. Except in fucking Need for Speed of course.

I meant of course walk away and leave the fucker floating.

• Upvote 1