IGNORED

Super Mario 3D All-Stars - The Chris Pratt Collection

Mr. Gerbik

4 hours ago, Number 28 said:

Ah well, if you managed then I guess you're right. I just remembered there being a hell of a lot of star bits floating around in space, out of reach.

I fininished it on Dolphin too, but I used an Xbox pad plus the mouse as a pointer.

The second player could also fire star bits at things in the level such as enemies to stun them, so there were lots of extras for them to collect. I assume so you couldn't get stuck by someone firing away all of the star bits.

10 hours ago, Paulando said:

Cheapest way to get these that I can find is using the two game ticket thing with your region set to Russia - works out about £74 for them both.

I’m buying digital because there’s no way I’ll be removing these from my Switch.

10 hours ago, Chooch said:

Don’t you need an online membership in Russia for this? 

I checked this and you do need an online membership from Russia. However, if you buy one month it’s still £7/8 cheaper than using your UK account. 

Out of interest does anyone know what happens to your game vouchers if your online membership lapses and you haven’t used them? 

edit: to answer my own question

Do I need a Nintendo Switch Online membership to redeem a Nintendo Switch Game Voucher?

Yes. You must be part of an active, paid individual or family membership to redeem a voucher.

If your membership ends while you have an unused voucher, you can still use the voucher after you begin a new Nintendo Switch Online membership and before the voucher expires. The voucher expiry date will not be extended for the time you do not have an active membership.

Any game redeemed with a voucher will be available to the Nintendo Account that redeemed the voucher regardless of the user's Nintendo Switch Online membership status.

Playing through Galaxy 1 and 2 on the Wii at the moment. Lovely games. That orchestrated music is just lovely. In fact that makes more of a difference to the Mario series then the graphics IMHO which have always been cartoony anyway so not really a huge benefit in having them in HD IMHO. Also got New Super Mario Brothers which is fantastic too. My Mario celebrations right there! :)

14 minutes ago, MattyP said:

In fact that makes more of a difference to the Mario series then the graphics IMHO which have always been cartoony anyway so not really a huge benefit in having them in HD IMHO.

The cartoony art style, if anything, ensures that it scales extremely well compared to other games. With lesser or more realistic art styles, higher res often just emphasizes how much the graphics have aged (you could argue that the lower res hides the deficiencies). But playing Sunshine and Galaxy on Dolphin at 1080p with a bit of AA, makes them look incredible. Precisely because of the great and timeless art style, both games almost look like current gen games at higher resolutions - especially Galaxy is drop dead gorgeous. And the higher resolution also makes the art style and the colours pop more, it looks even more vibrant - whether that is a 'huge' benefit is of course subjective, but they definitely scale a bazillion times better and thus benefit more, than almost all other games.

1 hour ago, Chooch said:

I checked this and you do need an online membership from Russia. However, if you buy one month it’s still £7/8 cheaper than using your UK account. 

It seems to pick up my UK online membership fine when set to Russia. It all comes under NoE, right?

8 hours ago, englishbob said:

Limited run until end of March 2021. Classic Nintendo. It's up to you now to give them great results at the end of their fiscal year.

Yeah I imagine it's been a really poor year for them financially with Animal Crossing selling about 7 copies for every single person on the planet.