Super Mario 3D All-Stars - latest: no more happy Bowser!!

10 minutes ago, joffocakes said:

GameXplain have a video showing just how much faster than the original game the Switch port of 3D World is; looks to be a really significant increase in pace:

I take it back, they pressed the port button pretty fast and they even bothered to toggle on the “run faster than the original build” button. Good lads. 

2 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

I take it back, they pressed the port button pretty fast and they even bothered to toggle on the “run faster than the original build” button. Good lads. 

It's just the NTSC version isn't it, we got the PAL release before?

I only realised how bad the PAL version of Mario 64 was when I played the DS port which felt ridiculously quick in comparison.

Oh Nintendo. I thought when the rumour was 3d Stars, it'd be, you know, like Mario All Stars and put a bit of effort in to tart things up. Just enough to make the games feel fresh. And no Galaxy 2 because reasons.

So long since I played Sunshine that I've forgot the annoying bits, and Galaxy is a world endingly good game. So still tempted. But just feels like a missed opportunity. 

2 hours ago, Number 28 said:

People saying you don't have to collect star bits...you forget there's a point in the game where you have to feed them to the large luma things to open new levels. You need to amass thousands of them by the end of the game.

Is this confirmed somewhere? I've seen someone say it's playable, but that doesn't mean everything works?

It says you need them for two player co-op. That's it.

3 hours ago, Ninja Doctor said:

Skyward sword would be so so much better without waggle. Here’s hoping they fix that for the remaster. 

God yes. I turned it off and sold it after a few hours. 

3 hours ago, the_debaser said:

Galaxy used the wiimote more as a pointer than waggle.

Metroid Prime was elevated from simply amazing to almost the best thing ever with the wiimote. 

I’ve heard people say that about MP and Resi 4, can’t imagine feeling that way. Pointer controls are waggle, and they’re just as shite as shaking controls.

8 minutes ago, nightwaxon said:

And fix the smoke coming out of Mario's pooper on Super Mario 64! 

The thing I like most about the smoke is people assuming it’s a bug and not them going “actually it looks better this way?!” (Which 100% is a thing that happens)

7 minutes ago, Broker said:

I’ve heard people say that about MP and Resi 4, can’t imagine feeling that way. Pointer controls are waggle, and they’re just as shite as shaking controls.

I couldn't disagree more. The mere fact that it makes both of those games objectively a lot easier speaks volumes about the practicality of the input.

Try playing Sin and Punishment 2 with conventional controls after using the pointer. There's absolutely no going back. Pointer controls are just as practical as using a mouse for first person shooters.

10 minutes ago, Fallows said:

I couldn't disagree more. The mere fact that it makes both of those games objectively a lot easier speaks volumes about the practicality of the input.

Try playing Sin and Punishment 2 with conventional controls after using the pointer. There's absolutely no going back. Pointer controls are just as practical as using a mouse for first person shooters.

They’re not objectively easier, they’re poorly designed for motion controls. That’s like saying turbo buttons are objectively better than pressing repeatedly, they’re unintended shortcuts that break the game, which is the opposite of objectively better. 

Also massive lols at just as good as mouse controls for FPS. I guess that’s why all the CSGO pros are playing with waggle instead of a mouse. Oh wait.

29 minutes ago, Bojangle said:

The thing I like most about the smoke is people assuming it’s a bug and not them going “actually it looks better this way?!” (Which 100% is a thing that happens)

If only Nintendo had the benefit of people on the internet who knew better back in the mid 90s and had access to time travel and travelled to the future to give feedback.

1 minute ago, Lyrical Donut said:

If only Nintendo had the benefit of people on the internet who knew better back in the mid 90s and had access to time travel and travelled to the future to give feedback.

LOL THEY DIDN’T CHANGE IT FOR THE SWITCH RELEASE!

Kinda makes you wonder if it was a design choice after all! 

13 minutes ago, Broker said:

They’re not objectively easier, they’re poorly designed for motion controls. That’s like saying turbo buttons are objectively better than pressing repeatedly, they’re unintended shortcuts that break the game, which is the opposite of objectively better. 

Also massive lols at just as good as mouse controls for FPS. I guess that’s why all the CSGO pros are playing with waggle instead of a mouse. Oh wait.

They were never designed with motion controls in mind, so how can they be badly designed for motion control? That's why when you replace joystick control with pointer control it's clear to see/feel what the winner is.

A mouse is a pointer device, is it not? Or are you seriously going to argue that, as well? Pretty much 99.99% of top end Splatoon players use gyro, and for very good reason.

• Mr. Gerbik changed the title to Super Mario 3D All-Stars - latest: no more happy Bowser!!