Super Mario 3D All-Stars - FEEL THE SUNSHINE LOVE (now in HD)

On 07/09/2020 at 13:19, Paulando said:

186137C5-1251-4096-B116-55DF1B31B97F.png.b792a371c6826ee7e4afe8dd53e7c214.png

This is terrible, but this isn't:

This is what the 64 release should be. Redrawn textures but done in a way that it looks like how you remembered it.

4 minutes ago, TheShend said:

Ah man, base.com have said they've cancelled my pre-order because: "We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short."

Bah.

I think the official store still has pre orders available.

I preordered at Nintendo before Shopto started working again, and got a preorder taken there too. Anyone have an idea should I be confident enough about Shopto actually having a copy that I can cancel my Nintendo preorder?

UK retailer Base has reportedly cancelled all Super Mario 3D All-Stars pre-orders following what it describes as a “woefully short” allocation of copies supplied by Nintendo.

In the replies to the Resetera post one commenter claims they successfully placed a pre-order for the game at another UK retailer, ShopTo, and that while the money for the order has been taken from their bank account they’ve yet to receive a confirmation email as is customary.

This author has had the same experience with their ShopTo pre-order. VGC has reached out to ShopTo for comment on this story and the general status of Mario 3D All-Stars pre-orders.

https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/uk-retailer-reportedly-cancels-mario-3d-all-stars-pre-orders-following-woefully-short-allocation/

3 hours ago, Isaac said:

This is terrible, but this isn't:

This is what the 64 release should be. Redrawn textures but done in a way that it looks like how you remembered it.

That looks great.

I'd say they could go a touch further and convert some of the more obvious sprites (eg trees) into simple 3d models. Maybe round off some corners here and there too, say in the Mario model.

1 hour ago, TheShend said:

Ah man, base.com have said they've cancelled my pre-order because: "We have just been notified of our allocation of Super Mario 3D All-stars (Nintendo Switch) and it is woefully short."

Bah.

Pre-orders are up on amazon uk as well

1 minute ago, Calashnikov said:

I’m actually amazed and proud that I’ve managed to talk myself out of not preordering that Mario collection. I’ve got The Fear that I’ll eventually buckle, though. It’s inevitable.

So you HAVE preordered?

18 hours ago, Gigawatt said:

I went through all those stages but just got through them all in about 15 mins. 
C72D07F9-00D5-4236-A883-2C6D1D2EB354.thumb.jpeg.98b43ddddcd1854788b8db7682199956.jpeg

Wait, do you have it already, or is that just a placeholder for when the game is actually released and becomes downloadable?

(the release date for Japan is apparently September 18th)

There’s been a lot of videos on my YouTube feed speculating about why Galaxy 2 was omitted from the collection, but none of them have suggested what I think is closest to the mark, that the Switch’s Motion Controls aren’t up to the job, & this is something that might effect Galaxy 1 as well.

It’s the pointer aiming that’s concerning me the most.  On the Wii, there were 2 games that sold me on pointer aiming: World of Goo & Metroid Prime Trilogy. Both those games used it really well, but when World of Goo came to Switch the lack of a sensor bar meant that the pointer aiming kept decentering & needed to be continually recalibrated.  It’s possible that Nintendo has solved this issue, but the no-show of both Prime Trilogy (in which pointer aiming is essential) & now Galaxy 2 (in which it’s not essential, but used more heavily than in Galaxy 1) have me concerned that it’s bigger problem that has been previously thought.

Probably by making it more like the first 2 & replacing motion actions with controller ones, which I believe they’ve done with Galaxy 1 by mapping the spin to the Y button.

I would hope they wouldn’t do that to Prime Trilogy though. I loved how immersive the pointer aiming made those games, allowing you to look around freely without having to hold a button & lock in place, & letting you soak up the detail the environments were packed with.  It also allowed you to pull pull off feats of precise aim in the middle of combat, such as nailing the reflectors in the Plant boss fight in quick succession without locking on.

As I said though, the only Switch game I’m aware of that even tried to use the Joy-Con as a pointer is World of Goo.  Are there any others that tried it, & maybe did it better? That would set my mind at rest over whether the decentering was a built-in problem or not.

The motion controls and pointer were completely superfluous in Galaxy 1. Playing through the entirety of Galaxy 1 on Dolphin with an Xbox controller if anything worked better - pressing a button to spin is far more precise and immediate, and collecting bits is more fun the traditional way (walking over them). Likewise Prime 1 and 2 were designed for a normal controller. You make a very good point about Prime 3 however. If they omitted Galaxy 2 because adapting the controls was too much work... my dream of finally getting to play Prime 3 with normal controls will never come true :(

5 minutes ago, Mr. Gerbik said:

The motion controls and pointer were completely superfluous in Galaxy 1. Playing through the entirety of Galaxy 1 on Dolphin with an Xbox controller if anything worked better - pressing a button to spin is far more precise and immediate, and collecting bits is more fun the traditional way (walking over them). Likewise Prime 1 and 2 were designed for a normal controller. You make a very good point about Prime 3 however. If they omitted Galaxy 2 because adapting the controls was too much work... my dream of finally getting to play Prime 3 with normal controls will never come true :(

How did the emulation handle the Pullstars?

• Mr. Gerbik changed the title to Super Mario 3D All-Stars - FEEL THE SUNSHINE LOVE (now in HD)