Jump to content

Super Mario 3D All-Stars - FEEL THE SUNSHINE LOVE (now in HD)


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Made of Ghosts said:

 

The effect won't work in real life though, right?

 

In real life? It's not CGI! He's got other videos of the same kind of thing using fidget spinners. It effectively a small phenakistoscope, but it's rotating backwards too. 

 

FUUQXEIGSUSPMPK.gif

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, TheShend said:

Who are the more ethical, decent retailers around if I'm looking to buy me some artificially scarce Mario?

 

I just want to avoid Amazon and anywhere else I might not be aware is owned by some tax fucked Cayman Island based vulture capital outfit horror show.

If you want to go completely ethical and be with the new age you could ditch the plastic altogether, buy digital and enjoy the games! :)

 

I know the points about digital by the way but just raising a point. Plastic and consumption of things are causing more damage to the environment than Amazon are making stacks of money. From people buying "stuff" they could source more ethically to start with or just not buy it in the first place if they don't need too. Please understand. ;)

 

(This comes from a man that has been decluttering for a couple of years now and now has as much in digital format as possible. Paperwork, photos, books, games, DVDs etc)

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Pre-ordered both games and the Game and Watch.

 

Can't find the Mario Kart packs on Amazon yet, but as soon as I do, they'll be snapped up.

 

The scalping on the GaW on Amazon Japan beggars belief.  Just an hour after release the only buying options were five times the original price.

 

Cunts.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, robotattack said:

 

In real life? It's not CGI! He's got other videos of the same kind of thing using fidget spinners. It effectively a small phenakistoscope, but it's rotating backwards too. 

 

FUUQXEIGSUSPMPK.gif

Shutter speeds and FPS?

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, robotattack said:

 

In real life? It's not CGI! He's got other videos of the same kind of thing using fidget spinners. It effectively a small phenakistoscope, but it's rotating backwards too. 

 

I *think* the illusion is caused by the video framerate syncing up with the rpm. With phenakistoscopes you have to look through the slits in the wheel which gives the same effect. If you look directly at the images they're just a blur.

Link to post
Share on other sites

I loved Sunshine when it first came out. Sure it was a bit broken but as someone who went from N64 to GameCube it was nice to play a platformer without trudging through the usual Garden / Volcano / Pirate level themes again. I'm sure it will it will be frustrating to play again which is why I intend to play Galaxy first.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ry said:

People think of Nintendo as this happy lovely company but they are cunty as fuck. Always have been.

 

This limited time stuff is just bullshit. 

That’s your first mistake, they’re a business like any other and first and foremost they are in the business of making money. 

 

But you know you have 6 months to buy them if you’re interested, after that who knows what will happen, maybe N64 games will be added to Nintendo Online. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Colonel Panic said:

I play the games on too regular a basis to get excited about it, but I am looking forward to portable Galaxy.

I do as well, but on Wii do they don’t look their best, just shows how desperate we are for the crumbs Nintendo throws at us :(

Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve preordered 3D All-Stars digitally.

 

I’ve never really played 64 other than a short try on the DS version which I gave up very quickly because of the controls. I’m very much looking forward to experiencing it properly. 
 

I loved Sunshine but have probably blanked out all the bad memories. I do remember one of the void levels where you get thrown around being a massive pain. 

Galaxy is god-tier gaming in my mind. Can’t believe it was over 10 years ago I first played it. I’ve still got my Wii in a box so could technically get it again on that, but I think it will be amazing handheld and in 1080p docked. 
 

Can’t wait, going to try and get my kids to play them too. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Went straight onto ninty's site the moment the boy mentioned it. In for a physical copy of the the game and ordered the game and watch. Early crimbo shopping at it's finest.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Gotters said:

 

They're commercial - and often fly in the face of what the rest of the industry tells them they should be doing, or what type of games sell

 

For that I'm grateful as it means that they're still relevant now and able to make the exact games they want to, to a quality rarely matched by any other developer on their own unique hardware.

 

Sure they charge a bit much sometimes for a game, they exploit ruthlessly their peerless back catalogue to milk those of us that hold it up as the pinnacle of gaming software but they still exist - unlike the more shambolic greats of old like Sega.

 

Too many industries kill themselves in this cost cutting quality dropping race to the bottom - so if the continued survival of Nintendo is based on the course they are now then I'm fine with that, and hope they avoid going down the route that people often say they should.

 

They're current course and release schedule is just fine by me

:wub:

Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Made of Ghosts said:

With phenakistoscopes you have to look through the slits in the wheel which gives the same effect. If you look directly at the images they're just a blur.

A strobe light works too. The Ghibli museum has loads of this stuff. :)

Link to post
Share on other sites


My kids just got these spinner kits with strobe lights that flash at different frequencies as the spinner is spun. And little card discs with patterns on that you can colour in. Some of them are really trippy. 
 

Time to rename the thread?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ry said:

People think of Nintendo as this happy lovely company but they are cunty as fuck. Always have been.

 

This limited time stuff is just bullshit. 

 

Could be worse, they could have been exposed for encouraging mysoginistic behaviour and sexual harassment amongst their management for decades. I'll take some 'sub standard' ports only available for a limited time if that's the extent of their fuckery, to be honest.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Time-limiting the Mario compilation is one of the least Nintendo things that Nintendo have done in recent history. I mean, you can still (just about) buy brand new copies of Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D Land, games both nine years ago. You normally don’t have to be in any sort of rush to buy first-party Nintendo games. They’ve gone weird. :wacko:

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, MattyP said:

If you want to go completely ethical and be with the new age you could ditch the plastic altogether, buy digital and enjoy the games! :)

 

I know the points about digital by the way but just raising a point. Plastic and consumption of things are causing more damage to the environment than Amazon are making stacks of money. From people buying "stuff" they could source more ethically to start with or just not buy it in the first place if they don't need too. Please understand. ;)

 

(This comes from a man that has been decluttering for a couple of years now and now has as much in digital format as possible. Paperwork, photos, books, games, DVDs etc)

 

 

 

More good points.

 

I suppose I wanted to spread that £45 around so it didn't all go to Nintendo and in some small part helped a smaller outfit.

 

I'd probably be more willing to do digital if they were doing something along the lines of MS and their commitment of continuity of catalogue/library between generations.

As it is, whatever comes next from Nintendo may be just another opportunity to buy them all over again, viva la shareholders.

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, TheShend said:

 

More good points.

 

I suppose I wanted to spread that £45 around so it didn't all go to Nintendo and in some small part helped a smaller outfit.

 

I'd probably be more willing to do digital if they were doing something along the lines of MS and their commitment of continuity of catalogue/library between generations.

As it is, whatever comes next from Nintendo may be just another opportunity to buy them all over again, viva la shareholders.

 

In fairness to them, it's only Wii U to Switch that one's digital purchases didn't carry over.  They let players transfer everything from Wii to Wii U.

 

I suppose DSi purchases didn't carry over to 3DS, but that eshop was shite anyway.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Regarding this time limited move, didn't Disney do the same thing with their movie home releases? I'm sure that was a thing for some reason.

 

Edit: Yes it was called The Vault program.

Here

 

Quote

(Disney) has deliberately created artificial shortages of its films via extremely limited re-releases. For example, a movie like 101 Dalmatians would have been available to purchase during its initial home release run before being placed in “the vault” for a lengthy period. Disney initiated the practice as a way to control its own market and drive up demand whenever it did release a new edition of an old classic.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Mr. Gerbik changed the title to Super Mario 3D All-Stars - FEEL THE SUNSHINE LOVE (now in HD)

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. Use of this website is subject to our Privacy Policy, Terms of Use, and Guidelines.