rllmuk
Sign in to follow this  
APM

Modern Warfare 2 Remaster

JUST single player? Not even spec ops co-op? Nah.

Biggest shock from the linked article is that the Modern Warfare remaster came out in 2016!!

I wonder if they’ll tweak No Russian in any way - they already made it optional and had a disclaimer in the original, but would they want to risk the outrage again?

Apparently, MW2 multiplayer maps will keep getting included into Modern Warfare to extend the lifecycle of the game as we probably won't be getting Black Ops 5 this year.

I heard 6PM.

In other news, Modern Warfare 3 has been worked on for a while and will probably be out soon too.

so modern warefare 2 is out now.... well only for ps4!  xbox etc  will follow at some other time.  seriously this time exclusive stuff is becoming a joke

• Upvote 3
  • Empathy 1

30 April for all other platforms. No multiplayer. Sony exclusive deal for a campaign remaster. Piss off Activision.

A single month of exclusivity though. I mean, why? Can't have been worth whatever they paid for that.

• Upvote 1

This would have been a chance for a great bit of PR for Activision and Sony. 

"Hey... You know we have a exclusivity period with Sony for Call of Duty content, but due to the world we are in, both us and Sony have agreed to forgo the deal for this remaster. Everyone can now enjoy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. Stay Home and Stay Safe!"

• Upvote 3

53 minutes ago, bradigor said:

This would have been a chance for a great bit of PR for Activision and Sony. 

"Hey... You know we have a exclusivity period with Sony for Call of Duty content, but due to the world we are in, both us and Sony have agreed to forgo the deal for this remaster. Everyone can now enjoy Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Remastered. Stay Home and Stay Safe!"

We’re talking about Activision though. They’re wankers.

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, JoeK said:

We’re talking about Activision though. They’re wankers.

Isn’t it Sony who’ve paid for the exclusivity in the hope more people will just buy it for PS4 rather than waiting for the Xbox version though?

14 minutes ago, JPL said:

Isn’t it Sony who’ve paid for the exclusivity in the hope more people will just buy it for PS4 rather than waiting for the Xbox version though?

Oh, I’m sure it’s both who are to blame, but I just really fucking hate Activision ;) 

• Upvote 3

I bought it.  It's still fucking amazing.  Graphics are absolutely phenomenal and the nostalgia you will feel jumping from one set piece to the next is truly something.

The sound of the M4.  The ACR heartbeat sensor.  Cliffhanger.  Perma-smile.  Can't wait to keep playing and keep smiling today.

You also get the added bonus of some cool weapon blueprints and Ghost skin for MW.

Also with regards to MW2 multiplayer:

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare is set to become a "best of" Modern Warfare game in the coming weeks, according to rumors circulating online.

]TheGamingRevolution, who revealed details on the Call of Duty series accurately in the past, recently revealed that CoD: Modern Warfare is going to become a "best of" Modern Warfare game featuring over 60 maps. Among these maps will be remasters of multiplayer maps found in the original trilogy.

"I was told that they're planning on making Modern Warfare a "best of" modern warfare game and there's around 60, yes that's right, 60 multiplayer maps in the works for modern warfare right now that will mainly be remasters of fan favourites from the trilogy."

Commenting on the upcoming release of Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered, TheGamingRevolution confirmed that the development of the multiplayer was finished a while ago, and not all of the original maps will be added to Modern Warfare, just the most popular ones. Additionally, there is the chance that a remastered Modern Warfare 2 Multiplayer may be released at some point.

CoD: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered has yet to receive an official release date, but a recent leak revealed that the game will be released today. A trailer has also been leaked, showcasing the remaster enhancements.

Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 was released back in 2009 on PC, PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and it is still considered by many fans as one of the best entries in the whole series. The game featured a single player campaign, which has gotten the remaster treatment, as well as a co-op campaign.

I would be totally ok with that.  Modern Warfare's gunplay and graphics with all the classic maps and without the cheap annoying things MW2 had like one man army noob tubes, tac insert nuke boosters, etc.

So glad multiplayer is not part of this...after the movement in MW 2019, it is as clunky as hell in campaign.

Get the maps in 2019 with the new movement (still loving the campaign though) .

I tried to play COD 4 remaster multiplayer after playing MW2019, couldn't do it, it just does not work for me anymore.